GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Turkish AirGun Gate

Hatsan 130s and zero

(1/7) > >>

wknight:
Finally was able to get out and attempt to zero this rifle.  At 25 yards the pellets seem to be all over the place.  At 10 yards they are within 3 inches, can be better and working on it.

At 10 yards I'm using my arm as the support on the table.  At 25 yards the rifle is resting on a padded support with me holding the stock.  Could very easily be the two different holds.

Either way, before cleaning the barrel the FPS was all over the place.  Anywhere from 635 tp 771.  Figured 771 out of a rifle rated for 590 at the factory I was lucky.  Apparently too much oil in the barrel.  After cleaning a 25 shot strong was between 541 and 554.  I'm using the heavier JSB's as they were the only ones left when I order the rifle on a Black Friday sale. $200 for the rifle.  I have about 100 pellets through it now.  Even after the cleaning I still could not get a consistent 25 yard group.  According to the Hawke ballistics calculator I should be within 1 inch of POA to POI.  Really hoping it is the hols and will try again next weekend weather permitting.

On another note I had to rezero the Benjamin Trail NP2.  10 yards and 25 yards both spot on.  So I know I can do, maybe just a matter of getting use to the rifle.

Mossonarock:
I'd say it definitely is a matter of getting used to the rifle. I have one too in .30 cal. Its very challenging for me to hit a 1 inch spinner at 30 yards. The rifle bucks like a mule during the shooting cycle but is otherwise respectably accurate. If you are using a scope, the scope needs to be robust to hold zero. I've been shooting mine open sights only for that reason. I plan to eventually get a scope though since that would make it easier to do 50+ yard shots.

wknight:
That it does.  Saw a guy on YouTube, Tang and Bang I believe. Anyway after getting it sighted in he filmed his daughter shooting at a golf ball at 100 yards.  She hit it after 4 shots.  Similar rifle, wood stock instead of the synthetic.  Had my mind made up before seeing that, it just convinced me more.

Thanks for the advice about getting used to it.  That is what I'm hoping.

Mossonarock:
I saw that video too. They had a nicer rest to shoot from than I do. I'm just using a folded towel on a log.
I'm sure if I had a better rest I could shoot more accurately. A decent scope would help at longer ranges.
As it is, I won't even attempt 100 yard shots.

As with all break barrels, make sure your barrel pivot stays tight enough.

wknight:
Finally got out again to try and zero this thing.  Still not sure if it is me, the scope or the barrel.  Even after about 300 pellets still could not get any consistency out of it.  I'd get a few pellets to hit nice and tight then they would start going all over the place, even at 10 yards.

Used a laser bore sighted and the dot and crosshairs are off by only a few inches but the pellets are no where near the dot or cross hairs.  Even without changing anything the pellets do not seem to group either.

I'm using JSB Match Diablo, 50.15gr .  This was the only pellet in stock at the time I purchased the rifle. The scope is tight in the rings, the rail is tight and locked in.  The pivot screw is tight.  No barrel wobble that I can tell.  I have tried off a regular rifle rest, a back pack, free hand standing, sitting with elbows on the knee and using a pair of dowel rods as a bipod.  Nothing consistent.

I'm going to try a mounted laser of some kind whether scope mounted or barrel mounted and see if I can get some consistency without having to look through the scope.

My NP2 Trail shoots great.  In fact the scope on the .30 was on the .22 .  The scope on the .22 I tried on the .30 but could not get it sighted in so I swapped.  The scope on the .30 was dead on target out 50 yards on the .22 .  Hated to take it off the .22 because of it's accuracy but needed to try it.

Will be getting some lighter pellets to see if that works.  I'am getting between 541 and 548 FPS with the JSB's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version