GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

Target Setup?

(1/4) > >>

Yng@hrt:
I use a 1’ x 1’ x 8” box filled with magazines about ¾ of the way, & the front ¼ with crumbled up news papers for ricochet prevention. With this much shooting it doesn’t last very long before a cardboard front replacement is needed. Curious as to what you folks are using?

Pics useful if you got em.

Thanks.

ssbn617:
I use various size boxes filled with rubber much from a home improvement store. When the front gets tore up I add layer of duct tape. Works fine, it’s easy to carry out to where I want it and cheap .
Hope this helps,
Mitch

maraudinglizard:
I use a cardboard box filled with old t-shirts with a 2x12 cut to the width of the box. Most of the boxes I use are 12wx12Lx8d. It can handle a 207fpe slug at 50yds with no pass through. I use a 10x10 piece of plaskolite from lowes and cover it with duct tape to support the shoot n c target. When full I just shake the lead out and repack, duck tape the holes and go at it again. The plaskolite will last a good while depending on how much you shoot. I recycle my lead for the big bore rifles I have and this is the easiest and cleanest way for me to recycle spent pellets.

Booger:
I use 12X18 plywood & re-settable targets.

avator:
I use the back of my neighbor's garage....
No, just kidding... I have several.
I have a couple .30 ammo boxes I put high strength steel in the back and fill with rubber mulch. I use plastic corrugated for the front and replace it when needed. I have unlimited supply from my job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version