GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Lucky gun !!.. Big boar down.

(1/9) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Some guns you take them out dozens of times and just don't seem to find game while you are carrying them, ( Like my REX Mini-Carbine ) like if she has a spell  ;D ;D
Other guns just seem to attract hogs  ;D ;D
My last successful hunt was with the Storm .30 that I just bough on tthe 1st hunt and got a nice big saw, then I sent it to Will Piatt for a tune ( that by the way came out fantastic, I'm gonna make a thread as soon as I get some time )
Anyway got the gun couple days ago, put a scope on, took for a hunt today and again,....a magnet  ;D

So I've been sitting in my tree-blind once a week for a couple months just watching and giving a pass to a bunch of saws and small boars,

I know that saws at some point will bring in tail big boars.

Been watching this particular group of 3 Medium small Saws coming in for well over a month,

today again they showed up, and I almost got a heart attack when they where followed by this nice big boar  ;D ;D ;D

The hole under my feeder got so deep that took a long, long time to line up a shot, couple times I figured I missed my chance when the boar left in a hurry, but after some agonizing minutes he came back  ;D ;D ;D

I knew that at some point I either needed to take a risky shot or give him a pass, corn was almost finished so he was moving a lot and in quick bursts, also soon they will probably just leave.

he finally gave me a good broadside but I had to shave the rim of the hole to make the shot,....I took my chance, and believe me it was a big sight of relieve when the front legs locked and he went perfectly still for a good second,...I knew then I had him.

Chris USA:
Very nice! It is nice when repeated waiting/stalking finally pays off.

I am assuming you eat the hogs? How do they compare to commercial pork in taste and fat content.

avator:
Good hunt Manny... great to see you out there gettin after 'em.

Struckat:
You shoot behind the ear? I see no hole.
Nice shooting.

dk1677:
Nice one Manny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version