GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > 3D printing and files

Let's see your 3D printed parts/models/ideas

(1/67) > >>

Scotchmo:
I'd like to see what others are doing with 3D printing for their airguns. Printed parts, 3D models of parts, and ideas for airgun parts.

I've been doing CAD for decades, played with small CNC machines, and also lots of manual machining with lathes and mills. Now I have the 3D printer bug. I started with a small $160 Mini Delta printer a couple months ago. I recently got a bigger Delta printer so now ready to attempt some bigger jobs.  I can make a lot of functional parts right at my home office without having to drive to my shop.

Here are a few of mine to get started:

The scrap bin. Unlike laboriously machined parts, I don't mind scrapping a 3D printed part:

A press-on 4" side wheel for a Monstrum 6-24x50 scope. Just small enough to print on the Mini Delta:

Part of my X-prod stock:

Motorhead:
Scott,
Would you PLEASE make an inner cassette for the Marauder .177 mags that uses up the wide spacing of the OEM mags 10 shot ... likely get 14 or 15 shots in there ???

Scotchmo:

--- Quote from: Motorhead on May 09, 2018, 01:17:15 AM ---Scott,
Would you PLEASE make an inner cassette for the Marauder .177 mags that uses up the wide spacing of the OEM mags 10 shot ... likely get 14 or 15 shots in there ???

--- End quote ---

15 shot does not look like it would quite fit. Maybe 14 shot, but aluminum would be better for that. I think 12 shot is doable in plastic, maybe 13.

There's a challenge. Create an STL file for a 12 shot insert to fit an otherwise stock Marauder magazine assembly. I'll probably attempt it at some point. Anyone else want to give it a "shot"?

Scotchmo:

--- Quote from: Motorhead on May 09, 2018, 01:17:15 AM ---Scott,

--- End quote ---

Or the "12+1" magazine.

I decided to give it a try. The process and the results:

I reverse engineered the .177 Marauder magazine insert last night while watching TV:

13 pellets looked like it would easily fit in the 3D model:

I printed out out a 12+1 replacement insert:

Stock 10 shot magazine on left. Modified 12+1 on right:

It works and it would be fine except for one issue. Outside the gun, the loaded magazine can lose the 2nd loaded pellet. The loading window is oblong by necessity. With the pellets spaced so close together, two fit in the window opening. The 2nd pellet can fall out if you are not careful. Once inserted into the gun, all good. I load magazines ahead of time, so that problem makes this an unacceptable modification. An 11 shot insert should be OK. A 12 shot magazine might also work. Any more than that would require a simple change to the printed insert, but would also require a new clear cover with a narrower window.

Rob M:
20180225_221538 by murphyrobert9, on Flickr

heres one of my more complicated prints, its a holder that mounts to a vigilante and holds 2 25 gram co2 tanks and a manifold .ive never kept a record off all my projects, except in tinkercad where its just files.
another was my 2240 arrow shooter breech seen here, fun and challenging to draw

20180203_150934 by murphyrobert9, on Flickr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version