GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Airgun Legislation Actions/Information

Bill could affect airguns in Massachusetts

(1/12) > >>

dcorvino:
Hi
Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow at 11 am they ate going to vote on Airgun and replica guns in Massachusetts.
This bill would require an orange marking that is not removable be places on the barrel.
My concern is will companies mark all there product like this for sale in MA?
I urge you to call your state reps the governors office tomorrow morning and voice your opinion
We have to stop this before its to late
Thank you
Mods please forgive me I don't know where to post this
And to MA residents I just found out about this so please excuse me for being late to report this

Dave

dcorvino:
For anyone interested its bill H.3476
So make a call or email your state rep
This probably will affect your Airgun choices in MA
Have a happy day.

Dave

SSG Grampo:
Dave, front page article in today's Boston Globe. This is not good. What happens to the airguns we have if this is passed?
Bill

cpt_sfc:
Here they just made all air guns non firearms, (july 2015). So because we have so many LE in the woods ,(for our safety) of course!!. I took a couple of my most carried out and about air guns and taped off 1/2 inch of the muzzle and painted them the bright orange color they dictate. Then sure enough I was stopped by one of the LE and because my air rifle really looks like a rifle he asked for my lic and then wanted to know what I was hunting. Then he noticed the orange end. I said I was out to rid the woods of non game species and he said OH that's ok then, it's only an air rifle. End of talk , gave back my lic and wandered back to his truck. He did not ask any ? of cal, power etc . So other then putting a orange stripe on the muzzle of a 1000 dollar air gun it was a nice exchange for an encounter.

dcorvino:

--- Quote from: SSG Grampo on January 07, 2016, 12:19:11 PM ---Dave, front page article in today's Boston Globe. This is not good. What happens to the airguns we have if this is passed?
Bill

--- End quote ---

Hi Bill
I don't know what happens to them, either they are grandfathered in or we modify them or turn them in.
I am concerned about that and what do you do for future purchases?
Call you rep or write a letter to them we are under attack.
If it passes here it will probably affect other states as well.
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version