GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Guns And Related Accessories Review Gates

Chrony

(1/8) > >>

AHMSA:
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about finally getting a chronograph but don't know what to get.  I've never used one before and have only seen them used in airgun review videos.  I would like something that I can use outdoor with the ability to buy a lighting unit for indoor use in the future.  I want to use it for my powder burners (including muzzleloaders) as well as airguns.  A Bluetooth option would be nice but not required.  I would like to keep it around $130.  Any suggestions?  Is the one in the link below any good?

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/caldwell-ballistic-precision-chronograph.html?_iv_code=DL-SY-BLPGPH-721122&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1sriBRD-ARIsABYdwwHjFbwWgksMrTqiyZDJpaP3YuU5kT_RCAx_DrDD7awI0URR76-uNS0aAqrSEALw_wcB

SteveP-52:
It is according to everyone that owns one and everything is included. I have a Pro Chrono digital and no complaints but light kit (didn't buy one, only shoot outdoors), blue tooth set up (I did, $64.99) and everything else is extra and pretty pricy.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy the Caldwell and I'm sure others will say go for it.

AHMSA:

--- Quote from: SteveP-52 on January 31, 2019, 01:21:15 PM ---It is according to everyone that owns one and everything is included. I have a Pro Chrono digital and no complaints but light kit (didn't buy one, only shoot outdoors), blue tooth set up (I did, $64.99) and everything else is extra and pretty pricy.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy the Caldwell and I'm sure others will say go for it.

--- End quote ---

Ok, thank you... I'll wait to hear what others say.

hogdog4953:
Go for it. I have the plain old f-1 and it does pretty well no problems. I just put 2 led puck lights on top of light diffusers (1 on each) last night and it worked great! Cheap little 4 led ones, the wife and pups were not happy but I wanted to see if it would work and it did.

AHMSA:
Thank you.  I think I'm going to go for it.

Quick question: how do you avoid shooting your chrony (especially with powder burners)?  Reading the reviews I saw that at least a couple of people shot right through it and I don't want to do that :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version