GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

N.U.A.H. first submission

(1/3) > >>

lloyd-ss:
Marty2 has been preaching the joys of long range target shooting to me for a few years now, falling on partially deaf ears.
But today Marty2, and ridgerunner, and Chris were at my place for a day of relaxation and fun, shooting airguns. How good can it get?
One of the airguns I had was a modified Marauder rifle that I had just finished, even though I have been working on it for at least a year. Because of the mods, I was hoping it would be accurate, but you know how wishing and hoping goes. But after some false starts and a few adjustments, son-of-a-gun if it didn't start to come together. It was a good day for one and all!

I am submitting my target, witnessed by Marty2, ridgerunner, and Chris.

Here is the target still stapled to the backstop.
Please note that the hole at 7:00 on the 8-9 line is actually two shots touching each other.

Here is a pic of the target on the bench, with the documentation filled out.

Here is a pic showing that the 4MOA circle measures 4" across.

This pic shows that the group size is 1.75" C-to-C.

Here is the pic of the gun, looking downrange.  The large orange rectangular target plates (three 12"x12" plates) is at 100 yds. The target shot was to the left of the orange plates.

Here are the three smiling witnesses, all of them good shots!

Here is the airgun, a modified .25 caliber Marauder rifle, setting on the lower station.
These are the details of the airgun, and I want to give credit to ALL of folks who charged me outrageous sums of money for the parts (JUST KIDDING, of course):
Valve- Don Cothran powerhouse valve
Main airtube - 2024 aluminum airtube by Jefferson State airrifles
MDS hammer - Rocker 1
Regulator - Huma
Refinished and re-routed M-Rod stock - Norm
Barrel - LW .25cal 10 groove air gun, approx 16mm O.D., choked
Fitting, machinning, tuning- me
Double air tube - me

I think I of have met the requirements for entry into the club, thanks to the encouragement of Marty and others.
Lloyd-ss

rsterne:
Nicely done, Lloyd.... Lots of fun shooting at 100 yards, ain't it?.... Just a couple of clicks higher on the target would have made you an Expert....  8)

Bob

lloyd-ss:
Bob, it definitely was a lot of fun, and will continue to be. I guess the barrel had too much droop because the scope didn't have enough adjustment to get it zeroed. I'll probably try one of those droop compensator scope mounts that are made for Dianas. The hold over at 100 yards was ridiculous!
Lloyd

rsterne:
Hawke make 25 MOA inserts for scope rings.... Easy-peasy and CHEAP !!!

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/mount-inserts-1.html

Also available in 30mm....

Bob

Tonykarter:
Nice shooting with the 'Rod!  That is one beautiful creek bottom.  Must be wonderful to get to spend your time in it...and with a fine gun range too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version