GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

N.U.A.H submission

(1/2) > >>

stevrom828:
Ive had a hard time resizing my photos to submit my groups for some time now. These were shot at my local range at 104yds unteathered.
 Rifle was a .357 Slayer using nsa142grn bt's shooting around 965 fps. Donny fl emperor ldc and a basic atlas bipod were used.. I did not shoot off any bags or a rest as i found my best accuracy is obtained by letting my bipod rest on top of a small piece of carpet or "garage sale sign" about 16'x16' in allowing for a smooth rearward recoil.
 Not sure if my photos will be sufficient but its worth a try:) I was trying diff ammo but the sub moa groups were all shot with Nicks 142grn bt's

screwwork:
Nice shooting & great group!

stevrom828:

--- Quote from: screwwork on October 21, 2018, 08:00:38 PM ---Nice shooting & great group!

--- End quote ---

Thank you Randy! These groups are the best ive gotten with the Slayer. I accidently ordered the 142grn bt's designed for the bulldog in .358 but they came at an average of .3575. Nick cleared it up by saying that the mold was .3580 but the slug needed to be at leadt 165grn to fill out in the correct size .3580! I decided to test them anyway and i was "amazed" at how they performed. Even Tom Costan said that they "shouldnt have performed that well" but they did:)
 I was shooting Nicks 85, 95 and 110grn in this photo with the three aim points on the outside of the 4moa'ish area being used with atleast 2 of the three mentiones swaged nsa slugs.
  The middle group was 8-10 shots with the .3575 142grn bt's "untethered" with the gun being refilled after 3-4 shots (I dont remember)
 Heres a look back at my shooting position from 104 yds

marty2:
That's some great shooting but I'm sorry to say I won't be able to accept your targets. Rule #6. Required printable targets are attached below! Other targets MAY be considered that are clearly marked with a 4 MOA circle centered at the point of aim. all targets will have a ruler laid across them with one end on onside of the 4 MOA ring. This way we will eliminate any question to the size of the 4 MOA ring. . Also without seeing the entire target it leaves some unanswered questions.

Print some NUAH targets and try it again. Seeing your groups I'm confident you won't have any problem qualifying for the NUAH Club the next time out.

stevrom828:

--- Quote from: marty2 on October 22, 2018, 08:28:37 AM ---That's some great shooting but I'm sorry to say I won't be able to accept your targets. Rule #6. Required printable targets are attached below! Other targets MAY be considered that are clearly marked with a 4 MOA circle centered at the point of aim. all targets will have a ruler laid across them with one end on onside of the 4 MOA ring. This way we will eliminate any question to the size of the 4 MOA ring. . Also without seeing the entire target it leaves some unanswered questions.

Print some NUAH targets and try it again. Seeing your groups I'm confident you won't have any problem qualifying for the NUAH Club the next time out.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Marty. I do believe in my second post theres atleast 5 shots within the 1moa circle.. I think you have to click on the photo to see the target is marked by numbers in moa..
 I read the rules "after" i submitted the request wich was a little arrogant on my part lol
  Would that photo be eligible if a ruler is layed across? Or "must" the target marked with the 4moa be circular? The one used is the local ranges target:) Thank you in advance sir.

And "yes"! The Slayer i own can and will shoot groups that are sub moa on a regular basis if i do my part. Most my grouping are 1-1 1/2 inches with nsa swaged with a few below moa.
 For some reason my barrel really likes the 142grn swaged bt designed for the bulldog!
Thank you for letting me know the rules that were right in front of my face! Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version