GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Slipping toward the "Dark side"

(1/8) > >>

Lefusil:
Help me out Everyone.  I have a Benjamin trail NP2, and I cannot get the thing to shoot with the precision I think its capable of.
Looking for some perspective.  I typically zero around 30 yards.  Dime sized groups are not in my experience, (more like silver dollar sized groups -  big silver dollars).  What's a reasonable group size expectation from a break barrel?  (with the forend on a soft rest)
I've lightened the trigger pull, and polished the sear.  I have polished the muzzle's crown (it was a little rough) and cleaned the bore with JB paste.
Is it me?  How should I practice?  What is the best way to determine the rifle's inherent capability?

Roadworthy:
With a decent break barrel properly set up dime size groups (or less) are easily within the realm of possibility at twenty yards.  I think with your gun five shot groups would be reasonable on a good day.  I can do ten shot groups or smaller that size, again on a good day.  I've not tried thirty yards with a break barrel.  You've got me curious now.  I'll have to measure out thirty yards.  I know I've done 5/8" five shot groups at forty with a fixed barrel.  Obviously more play time is in order!!

bear air:
I pulled my break barrel out this week and did some shooting with it. I almost forgot what it likes... almost. By the end of the session I was shooting the lettering on the targets at 13 yrds. Although I've literally shot thousands and thousands of pellets through this gun. And recoil wow, I cant say I miss that with the pcp's. I did take a squirrel at 50 yards once with my break barrel I was shocked lol.

xtred1:
I have the same gun and cant shoot it for anything. It is far to powerful for me to learn the break barrel. Really it is far to powerful to do the type of shooting I need to do. I moved over to multi pumps and I can do the type of shooting I am in need of. 

bear air:
I actually got frustrated with mine and modified it with a rail on each side and so I could mount a 2 piece stoeger bipod. Cheating maybe but now I can shoot it from a rest and actually hit something lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version