GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

D-853 front sight / barrel weight on a .177 Cman barrel.

(1/2) > >>

bantam5s:
I've seen a few 13xx builds with the Daisy 853 front sight / barrel weight mounted to them and I'm wondering if they mount right on as is or if there's some modification required.

I've got a cr781 coming that I'll be putting a rifled barrel on and since it's got welded sight I figured if I have to buy sights for it anyway I might as well go with some target sights and make something I've never seen done before.

johnnyfoos:
I know nothing about the front sight
But their rear sight I've put on a few
 that needed something to get it low enough to sight in
and they worked well.

just
sayn

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: johnnyfoos on January 11, 2019, 06:34:01 PM ---I know nothing about the front sight
But their rear sight I've put on a few
 that needed something to get it low enough to sight in
and they worked well.

just
sayn

--- End quote ---
I have the 5899 on my 880 and made an extended front sight for it, but it would be awesome if the whole front assembly could mount right onto a crosman barrel.
I'm hoping for Plug and play instillation.

BoostCreep:
 the internal diameter of the barrel weight is 7/16, I do know that. with that said weather or not the height of the globe sight will line up is a different story.

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: BoostCreep on January 15, 2019, 12:40:54 AM --- the internal diameter of the barrel weight is 7/16, I do know that. with that said weather or not the height of the globe sight will line up is a different story.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info.
It should fit on my gun, and I think the height might be fine so I guess I'll have
 To order everything next week and see how it goes.

I'm fine with being the guinea pig, that is of course I am in fact the first to do this with a 781.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version