Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: .308 Extreme big Bore conclsion and complaint  (Read 3178 times))

coaxialtasko

.308 Extreme big Bore conclsion and complaint
« on: January 14, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
I posted about this rifle a while ago to see if anyone knew what brand this was told it was an extreme big bore.I e-mailed them about a missing stock screw and they didn't reply so I finally called them today and talked to the owner. By the way the people that hijack threads of other people looking for help on airgun problems to B.S.  and the guy (you know who you are) that was replying to tell me I need to do my own homework, areyou a rocket scientist with no tolerance for people seeking help, stop trolling you have a nasty comment for everything ,but never knowledge or advice.By the way I always do research first,writing to a forum for advice is my last resort. Sorry for getting off track here but most of my posts never get answers or just big egos wanting to berate me instead. I see why so many people on other forums are jaded from GTA.I think I'm about to leave here I get nothing out of it rude people. By the way you guys are all wrong.Brent said indeed my gun was a first .308 prototype and there is nothing wrong and no danger of filling it to 4,500 to 5,000 PSI or whatever he said it will take twice that. Where is the help and tolerance for those less knowledgeable, ignorance as the Ego's would sayand If you are going to be condesending at least have technical advice besides do your own research first don't be lazy.Wish you lived in my town bud. I get better advice from other sites from teenage kids without attitudes. I won a settlement 2 years ago and bought a few thousand dollars in pellets all different airguns and pellets.I've been doing lots of velocity tests on quality pellets and as soon as I rebuild the cylinders on my shoebox I'll be doing them on my magnum PCP's too,but I think I'll start posting elsewhere where I'm appreciated and respected.I just turned 44 yesterday and have over 20yrs. experince with adult airguns.The only pump pneumatic I ever had was a Sheridan Silver Streak.Not soory for the rant gta dissapoints me and left me no valueable airgun info and extremely jaded.Just want to tell a few of you know-it-alls You're Wrong!If I can't get a relevant answer for airgun problems what is the purpose of this site If I want to waste time I'll go to Facebook,Goodbye.

Offline mobilehomer

• Trained proffesional. Do not try this at home without adult supervision and trained medical staff on site.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: .308 Extreme big Bore conclsion and complaint
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
Hiram, sorry that an idiot got to you. As for me, I enjoy your input and experience.
There are trolls everywhere. I have read them on every forum I have joined or visited,
 regardless of subject, guns, boats, cooking - it doesn't matter. The best thing to do is to shake your head,
laugh at them and enjoy the day. Yes there are some that get my dander up, especially the ones that
hate on certain brands or types.
Think on it. There are many more good ones here than the few trolls!
If you don't mind me being bossy, have a great day, Ken.
  • White House, TN
Christmas Synrod .22
UTG 4-16X56

Trail NP2 .22
UTG 10X50 Glass Reticle

Fortitude Gen 2 .22
Challenger Trigger

2400KT .22 18"
HiPac w/extension
Bushnell AR223 3-12X40
TKO
Prod Trigger group

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=962067

Offline Nomadic Pirate

• Hog Seeker
  • News and entertainment
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:42:38 PM »
do you have a link to the thread mentioned ?
  • North Shore Oahu Hawaii
Evanix REX Carbine         .357  180 FPE
Evanix REX Mini-Carbine    .357  150 FPE
Evanix REX Mini-Carbine II  .357  150 FPE
Evanix RainStorm  II           .30  100 FPE
Evanix RainStorm  II          .30   85  FPE
Evanix Storm Bushgun      .30   70  FPE
Evanix MAX-ML               .25   65  FPE
Evanix RainStorm II          .25   60  FPE
Evanix Storm II Model 70     .25   50  FPE

Offline Kailua

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 02:10:55 PM »
With 10,000 members there may be some bad opinions.  Usually the more knowledgeable members with straighten things out.  I would hope you can stick around and share and help others like myself.
  • Kailua (Oahu) Hawaii

Offline mr007s

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 03:37:53 PM »
I have to disagree here. I read most all of your 72 post. Almost all were responded to with helpful post. A goodly portion of your post concerned screws and springs in triggers and such. There are many responding post with links, pics, and instructions to help you.
 If I were in your place I would be hard pressed to find fault with the GTA community. But, might be that you are more thin skinned then I am.
So, I hope you reconsider and stay on board but if not I understand and wish you well.
  • Hickory, North Carolina
mr007s,,,,,Life is Good

coaxialtasko

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »
most didn't have relevant replies or never answer my actual question,plus I thought people would be interested in stats and ammo experiments too.No one really even looks or comments I only had a couple oldtimers who did help me and thank me you need more with that attitude and I didn't say I'm gone like I said I'm just jaded now blowing off steam don't make everything so final. It took this for someone to read my posts also.Did you look them up before you wanted to tell me nothing is true?

Offline Booger

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:40 PM »
What does this have to do with air guns? It is more about the advice (or lack there of) given. Advice is cheap but payment may be too high. This seems to me like more of a back room topic than an air rifle topic. I do wish you well.
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Daystate Air Wolf MTC F/S $1865 + shipping & Ins
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95
.177 NP2 Upgrade Trigger F/S $175 Shipped

Heirloom:
.177 Pro Sport 12 FPE - Rowan Eng. set back trigger, alum trigger guard, adj butt pad, tuned with Maccari parts, refinished stock that is amazing.
Sun Optics 4-14X44  FFP really nice scope.

Offline Paul68

• Why in the heck did you move here? There's nothing out here!" They say. "EXACTLY" I say
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 04:56:24 PM »
Iíve gone through some of your posts. What I found contradicts your complaints here.  For instance, your BlackHawk and Walther chrono thread got no replies, but it was practically impossible to read. I noted the same problem with several of your posts. Others, such as your identify new toy thread, received several cordial and supportive replies. In some you were given not only support, but detailed trouble shooting and fix instructions complete with detailed photoís. I noted such supportive replies in multiple of your subjects.

Not every post is going to get lots of attention. Some get a little, some get a lot. No one is obligated to respond, just as no one is obligated to post a new topic. Sometimes, folks just arenít interested.

Iíll also add this. I could not help but notice that despite your claiming two decades of experience, you have done or attempted a lot of things with results that show a marked lack of experience. In some threads I noted others trying to help you, then abruptly no longer replying. After rereading THOSE posts, my first notes were that A, you communicated your problem poorly or gave inaccurate information which led them to give what would have been well thought and effective support had the problem been properly communicated, and that B, it APPEARS those who were trying to help realized your lack of skill or experience and simply did not want to continue with instructions lest they be later learn you either damaged your rifle or worse, hurt yourself. Your malfunctioning trigger thread is a good example of this.

I in no way intend any of this to be malicious, insulting, or combative. I am simply stating what I found as a moderator when going through your posts in order to evaluate your complaints.

GTA is probably one of the most supportive and friendly forums there are. If you have issues with a poster, report the issue or poster to a moderator or an admin and it WILL be looked in to and handled if necessary. Posting a combative and frankly insulting thread that pretty much randomly attacks GTA and its membership is not the way to go and will not win you any friends.

I will be requesting that this thread be removed. 
  • North Carolina
Requisite Bragging List:
Flying DragonXS60C PCP
Flying Dragon Gas Ram XS46u
Mike Melick Tuned XS28M
Mike Melick Tuned AR2000 Jet
Ruger Air Hawk Self Tuned,
Beeman 1051 RS2 Self Tuned
StormXT Self Tuned

TF89 Self Tuned

coaxialtasko

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 07:57:37 PM »
I'm experienced using them I started working on them recently out of necessity. Iam new thats why I came here genius remove it I don't ()&(^)(&() care.

Offline Booger

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 08:07:22 PM »
I'm experienced using them I started working on them recently out of necessity. Iam new thats why I came here genius remove it I don't ()&(^)(&() care.

My friend, that is no way to talk!

Edit: My momma said one attracts more flies with honey than vinegar. You do not seem to play well with others.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:10:39 PM by Booger »
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Daystate Air Wolf MTC F/S $1865 + shipping & Ins
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95
.177 NP2 Upgrade Trigger F/S $175 Shipped

Heirloom:
.177 Pro Sport 12 FPE - Rowan Eng. set back trigger, alum trigger guard, adj butt pad, tuned with Maccari parts, refinished stock that is amazing.
Sun Optics 4-14X44  FFP really nice scope.

Offline K.O.

• Eternally Tinkering
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »
 :o :o :o

:'( :'( :'(

::) ::) ::)
  • The Great Northwest, United States, Washington
PC77 steel breech 18.7" barrel,  700 fps @ 15 & 755 @ 20 pumps with 7.4g Crosman points

1322 steel breech 14.5" barrel, 640-650 fps @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

1322 MLT steel breech 19" barrel, 682 fps @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP,  13xx/66 hybrid

1322XLT 22" barrel, 700 fps  @ 11 pumps & 750 @ 16 w/14.3g CPHP,   13xx/2100 hybrid

MK-1322 steel breech 22" barrel, 750 fps @ 17 pumps & 805 @ 22 w/14.3g CPHP,   Mk-177/2240/13xx hybrid

U.S. Shooting Team 953  reduced valve, 525 fps w/ 7.4g points