Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Covid Strikes Again  (Read 1004 times))

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
Re: Covid Strikes Again
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 08:54:49 PM »
Lizzie you are indeed predictable !!!
Thanks
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline Rob M

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 10:17:52 PM »
nothing contraversial , get vaccinated if you like , and dont if you dont.. Im 40 and chose to get vaccinated.. Its not a political thing, just being an ex smoker i figured i may not fare well with covid.
  • Louisiana

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
nothing contraversial , get vaccinated if you like , and dont if you dont.. Im 40 and chose to get vaccinated.. Its not a political thing, just being an ex smoker i figured i may not fare well with covid.

Salute !!  every person has to do what id right for THEM !! stay well !! and shoot straight
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline AKM

• Plinker
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 11:44:50 AM »
What drives me crazy is people like myself and millions, yes millions of others who have had covid and got through it just fine are not counted or considered as part of the overall heard immunity. For some reason no one wants to discuss this?

The experts will say......."well we don't know". The problem is they say the same thing about vaccinated folks.

You can't send mixed messages and ignore a huge portion of the population if you want complete compliance.

• San Jose,CA

Offline JuryRigger

• Expert
  • NUAH Club member 11/12/2020 Diana 350 N-Tec Mag.
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 11:52:10 AM »

Salute !!  every person has to do what id right for THEM !! stay well !! and shoot straight
kindly
ron
+1; in my families' case; we are a little skeptical on the vaccine(s) right now... Once they have the boosters out, or get the vaccine reformulated for the new strains that the current ones are less effective on; then we will seriously consider it.
But until then, we shall continue to contribute to "herd immunity" by breaking the chains with #ZEROCOVID practices...  :D
Stay safe all; and whatever your choice, and please consider/respect others in what you do-not implying social "duties" here; only a little "do unto others"...
Jesse
  • Buckeye State
If you think about it long enough, there's a way to build almost anything out of almost anything.
(whether or not it works is another story...)-Me
Genius errs, if possible, more badly than pedantry. Mathematics, properly directed, cannot fail.-Captain Nemo
Diana N-Tec Panther 350 Magnum .22; and lots of ideas...
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 12:00:16 PM »
What drives me crazy is people like myself and millions, yes millions of others who have had covid and got through it just fine are not counted or considered as part of the overall heard immunity. For some reason no one wants to discuss this?

The experts will say......."well we don't know". The problem is they say the same thing about vaccinated folks.

You can't send mixed messages and ignore a huge portion of the population if you want complete compliance.

very well stated.  I had it back in 2019 in Dec I had no symptoms but a protein test 3 of them said I had had it. I have cancer diabetes and other health related issues and I am old.. Go figure.. People let fear get to them.  I love science but what pass's for science today is suspect as politics enters in.  A shame but it is what it is.
I iam old and sick yet have out lived many and most of my family and friends.  I have no clue as to why...Perhaps I am just blessed.  A preacher came to see me one day in the hospital back in the nineties.. he prayed with me and told me to give thanks for my infimities which blew my mind.  Thank God for cancer and I did and I am still here !!
I think over all it is a mental attitude more than anything else.  I was never taught to fear anything but was taught to confront my fear.  I gre up down south and there were lots of gators everywhere !!  My grand mother told me to jump in the water and learn to master my fear... God I miss her... Fear is not a good way to live.
Be well and fear not !!
Gator bait !!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:03:11 PM by airgunbuff »
  • usa, florida,

Offline Duane38

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 12:04:50 PM »
My wife's employer, an attorney, passed away three hours ago from Covid. He had been on a ventilator for less than 24 hours and in the hospital for three weeks. His wife is in the same hospital suffering from covid, about to go on a ventilator as well.
The attorney and his wife are approximately the same age as my wife and I (66). Prior to the infection they were otherwise healthy with no underlying problems. They chose not to vaccinate.
My wife chose not to vaccinate. She caught covid from her employer. She will survive.
I chose vaccination when my age group was selected for vaccination. I have not become a victim and have tested negative as have the other folks in my wife's office that chose vaccination. My wife and all her co-workers are now unemployed.
I thank the good lord for my wife's blessing, grieve for Ben, and pray for his wife. It is however, a difficult pill to swallow, the consequence and uneccesary waste of humanity for refusing a vaccination.

Sorry to hear.  Elderly and the health compromised should consider vaccination for certain.  The science is pretty much out on that.  Even without pre-existing or known conditions, the body is simply high mileage and undue stress will cause things to fail.

Me, on the other hand, have declined to vaccinate.  I'm a front line worker too.

Tested twice for the antibody 7 months apart without ever being sick. 

Ben participating in a genetic and blood study through INOVA health in the DC region.  Type O- blood and have a cell genetic defect (CCR 5 Delta 32) that makes me immune to many if not most strains of HIV and AIDS; doctors want to learn more if there is perhaps a reason why I test with the antibody so often.  Have to give blood again next month for testing.
  • Stafford, Va

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »
My wife's employer, an attorney, passed away three hours ago from Covid. He had been on a ventilator for less than 24 hours and in the hospital for three weeks. His wife is in the same hospital suffering from covid, about to go on a ventilator as well.
The attorney and his wife are approximately the same age as my wife and I (66). Prior to the infection they were otherwise healthy with no underlying problems. They chose not to vaccinate.
My wife chose not to vaccinate. She caught covid from her employer. She will survive.
I chose vaccination when my age group was selected for vaccination. I have not become a victim and have tested negative as have the other folks in my wife's office that chose vaccination. My wife and all her co-workers are now unemployed.
I thank the good lord for my wife's blessing, grieve for Ben, and pray for his wife. It is however, a difficult pill to swallow, the consequence and uneccesary waste of humanity for refusing a vaccination.

Sorry to hear.  Elderly and the health compromised should consider vaccination for certain.  The science is pretty much out on that.  Even without pre-existing or known conditions, the body is simply high mileage and undue stress will cause things to fail.

Me, on the other hand, have declined to vaccinate.  I'm a front line worker too.

Ben participating in a genetic and blood study through INOVA health in the DC region.  Type O- blood and have a cell genetic defect (CCR 5 Delta 32) that makes me immune to many if not most strains of HIV and AIDS; doctors want to learn more if there is perhaps a reason why I test with the antibody so often.  Have to give blood again next month for testing.

Well done sir !!  Thank you for doing what you do !!  Makes me proud to know there are guys like you !!
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline skyowa

• persona non grata
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 01:41:27 PM »
Over half a million have died from the virus. I haven't heard of any deaths from the vaccine.

So when the vaccine ends up harming people, as it already has in some cases, ya'll going to cough up the money to pay their medical bills or just say sorry and thank some deity it wasn;t you?

Or is it expected that we willingly sacrifice our own selves for the greater good of Pfizer?
  • Iowa
Benjamin Armada .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Hatsan Flash Wood QE
Gamo Swarm Magnum G2 .22
Benjamin 342

Online avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 01:51:06 PM »
Over half a million have died from the virus. I haven't heard of any deaths from the vaccine.

So when the vaccine ends up harming people, as it already has in some cases, ya'll going to cough up the money to pay their medical bills or just say sorry and thank some deity it wasn;t you?

Or is it expected that we willingly sacrifice our own selves for the greater good of Pfizer?
Nope, like I said, we are each free to make our own choice. Why should mine matter to anyone else? What others decide certainly don't matter to me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 01:53:20 PM by avator »
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline RichH

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 02:21:48 PM »

Nope, like I said, we are each free to make our own choice. Why should mine matter to anyone else? What others decide certainly don't matter to me.

Looks like some on this forum think its a "social responsibility to others".
  • USA, PA, YORK

Online avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2021, 03:15:02 PM »

Looks like some on this forum think its a "social responsibility to others".
And they are free to think that as well.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline skyowa

• persona non grata
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2021, 06:58:53 PM »

Too bad you're the minority opinion in that regard, I watched the entire country go moon bat over COVID and we're going to pay dearly for it for generations to come.
  • Iowa
Benjamin Armada .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Hatsan Flash Wood QE
Gamo Swarm Magnum G2 .22
Benjamin 342

Offline Duane38

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2021, 07:36:44 PM »

To expand upon the quote you selected....  I'm a statistics guy and wrote for the FBI UCR (Uniform Crime Reports) statistics once upon a time. Wife is a medical doctor...

I've been tracking U.S. death rate data for the past decade since this thing popped off, out of curiosity.

Looking at data for each year the causes, total deaths, etc., etc.

Want to know what I learned?  Surprisingly, every single category for the causes of death have went down drastically.  Three categories sky rocketed.  Those are: suicide, murder, Covid related (new category). 

The hard reality? We were up 68,240 deaths in the year on average over the decade spread.  How is this possible with so many proclaimed Covid deaths?

The tell is in the documented Covid death figures stated.  Taking the proclaimed figures and repopulating those values to fill in the seemingly missing causes of death data in the decade of historical data set averages per 100,000 with the given Covid year, we get an alarmingly much smaller number than what we have been told. 

In short, it is impossible to have primary causes of death (heart related, cancers, etc) diverge so far from the historical data. 
  • Stafford, Va

Offline jmoronic

• Trust me, I'm no
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2021, 07:44:04 PM »
Being a first responder I was lucky to be in the front of the line.
I would have given my spot to my parents, but we don't get that choice.
My wife and I are both in the pricked twice club now, so lets see what happens in the future.
Please be safe, whatever your choice.
  • USA, DE, Newark
Life as I know it, in Dog years

Offline jmoronic

• Trust me, I'm no
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 07:53:00 PM »

Are you referring to factor 5 in your blood work?
  • USA, DE, Newark
Life as I know it, in Dog years

Offline Duane38

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2021, 08:38:52 PM »
Are you referring to factor 5 in your blood work?
[/quote]

No sir.  This is a white blood cell mutation that is directly associated with a protein, chemokine, that assists the immune system. 

This is not new to me under Covid.  Seven plus years ago my wife and I underwent a gene study while pregnant with our second child;  wife was considered a geriatric pregnancy (40 years old).  Her doctor recommended the study to rule out possible birth defects that may be triggered due to her age.  We both had the study along with our baby son in her tummy.  They took a really long needle and carefully took a sample from him. 

Factor 5 is a blood clot forming condition. 
  • Stafford, Va

Offline skyowa

• persona non grata
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2021, 01:31:43 AM »
I've watched two warring parties of dishonest children use every trick in the book and their army of propagandists to promote their false narrative and use COVID as political fodder, excuse and profit motive without regard to the long term consequences, just as children would.

Common sense would have been a big help from the start, we got a cascading series of knee jerks from both knees instead.

• Iowa
Benjamin Armada .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Hatsan Flash Wood QE
Gamo Swarm Magnum G2 .22
Benjamin 342

Offline jimbo

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2021, 09:18:09 AM »
Well I got my second shot yesterday, so far no side effects from either shot. I really don't know if I should have done it but after really thinking hard about it I decided to get it. Hopefully down the road there will be no regrets.
  • Highland, Indiana United states

Offline Duane38

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2021, 10:44:31 AM »
Well I got my second shot yesterday, so far no side effects from either shot. I really don't know if I should have done it but after really thinking hard about it I decided to get it. Hopefully down the road there will be no regrets.

Overwhelmingly data suggests you will be just fine.
  • Stafford, Va