Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Synthetic mRNA Covid vaccines: A Risk-Benefit Analysis  (Read 2674 times - 2 votes) 
)

Offline subscriber

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: Synthetic mRNA Covid vaccines: A Risk-Benefit Analysis
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2021, 12:16:41 PM »
Elon Musk took four covid-19 tests in one day, back to back.  Two came back positive; two negative.  How does one react to that?

Below first set of links:  Musk said he won't take the vaccine; and why.

Selection of links should cover the reflex urge to utter "fake news", should the source be too right/left:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/musk-says-took-four-covid-19-tests-two-were-positive-two-negative.html#:~:text=Tesla%20Chief%20Executive%20Officer%20Elon,negative%2C%20two%20came%20back%20positive.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-elon-musk-says-something-extremely-bogus-going-on-after-he-tests-positive-and-negative-for-coronavirus-12131504

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/elon-musk-questions-covid-tests-after-getting-conflicting-results-1.4408290

Musk said he won't take the vaccine:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/29/business/elon-musk-nyt-podcast-covid-vaccine/index.html

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/elon-musk-says-he-wont-get-coronavirus-vaccine

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/361210

My opinion about the vaccine is that I don't think a nuke is the right tool for a mouse in the kitchen.  Not when you can get Ivermectin (I have).  If you aren't getting enough sun, take vitamin D3 supplements, along with vitamin C, if you aren't eating enough fresh food that contains it.  Keep zinc supplements on hand and take them immediately if you have any flue or cold-like symptoms. 

Or you can let them inject you with experimental gene therapy.  Your body; your choice...

When there have been so many lies surrounding covid-19, I simply don't trust anyone involved in delivering the lies; then pushing vaccines - and denouncing any other treatment they would not stand to profit from personally.  This, when other treatments are known to work.  Ones with risks that are small and very well documented and understood.

I am posting this despite being on Robert's ignore list.    He is motivated by a sincere desire to provide info that will enable you to make better choices.  Even if some of his links are suspect, there is a much broader picture to what is going on.  I am not going to attempt at proving anything because then this thread will get locked.  I did not come here for that.  Just to state that Robert is not crazy; even if that makes me look crazy.

• USA

Offline Chris USA

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2021, 12:42:54 PM »
Well, the lady sure had a strong opinion. :o Probably 1000 more videos saying just the same. And,.. probably 1000 more saying just the opposite.

I do not like misreporting #'s. That right there draws suspicion across the (whole) topic.

For now,... I will just be standing on the sidelines watching the mud fight.
  • Ohio
Daystate Red Wolf HP/FAC in .25, 8-34x56 Athlon Argos
Maximus "hunter" in .22, 4-12x44 UTG
Barra 1866
Avanti 499
75th anniversary Red Ryder

Offline Longbob

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2021, 12:57:25 PM »

If you really cared, you would prove your point in a calm; intelligent, and open fashion-Mole2017 has done an excellent job of actually fact-checking your own copy-pastes; and it would seem that you are deliberately being misleading with your carefully extracted quotes...

In other words; it very much would seem that you are not on a crusade to spread the truth, but rather one where winning at all cost is the quota. You say that you serve as a "news" source on your own media page; if this is an example of your "reporting" than I fail to see how you can call yourself a news source-you do not report on stories; you merely puppet your chosen lines in ways that distort the actual stories that you link too. That is not reporting; it is pushing your own narrative.
Jesse

No, actually mole did not do any kind of fact checking and hasn't. He expressed opinions based on emotion. Not facts. Have you read the article that is the topic of the OP?

Mole claimed to have read it; but, he didn't.  He read just enough to be able to create a strawman argument. He was using the 4th Rule of Disinformation.

4. Use a straw man. Find or create a seeming element of your opponent’s argument which you can easily knock down to make yourself look good and the opponent to look bad. Either make up an issue you may safely imply exists based on your interpretation of the opponent/opponent arguments/situation, or select the weakest aspect of the weakest charges. Amplify their significance and destroy them in a way which appears to debunk all the charges, real and fabricated alike, while actually avoiding discussion of the real issues.

Jesse, it appears to me that you are projecting; i.e. using displacement.
DISPLACEMENT: The act of taking your own action & accusing others of it, to draw attention away from your own actions.

Before you accused me of:

"Seems to me that this whole thread is argumentative by design; after all-who asked for anyone's opinion on the shots to begin with? I don't recall seeing anyone ask for advice".

You're entitled to your opinion, Jesse ... you're not entitled to create your own facts and then use the facts you created out of thin air to attack me. It appears to me you are also using elements of the 4th Rule of Disinfo.

Either make up an issue you may safely imply exists based on your interpretation of the opponent/opponent arguments/situation, or select the weakest aspect of the weakest charges.

The logical fallacy you are making is called argumentum ad hominem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Aka "Shooting the messenger" which is is a metaphoric phrase used to describe the act of blaming the bearer of bad news.

I'm not going to argue w/ you. If you do not like the topic of this thread or the links I have posted, or the information contained therein, then please boycott this thread.

If you cannot contribute in a positive way, then I have to ask you to stay away.
Thank you.
  • United States, Lufkin, Texas
Crosman modded .22 Summit Ranger NP2 Gas Piston w/ Tasco 2.5-10x42AO & Geo LDC
Crosman modded .177 Optimus Spring Piston w/ Hatsan 3-9X40AO
Crosman modded 1322 Backpacker Multi Pump w/ Tasco 2-7X32AO & Geo LDC
Crosman modded 1377 Multi Pump w/ NcStar 2.5x30
Crosman modded 1322 Multi Pump w/ CP 2x20
Benjamin slightly modded 392 Multi Pump w/ Williams 5D-SH
Winchester modded multi pump .177 1977XS w/ Barska 4X32AO & Geo LDC
Beeman slightly modded P-17 Single Pump w/ RWS 1.7x20
Daisy modded 408 CO2 w/ Pinty reflex dot sight
Daisy 415 CO2
Daisy 426 CO2
Gamo P-23 CO2

Offline subscriber

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2021, 01:09:46 PM »
Well, Jesse.  Now you see how I got onto Robert's ignore list.  :)

I support his mission in this thread; but not his argument style, anywhere.
  • USA

Offline Sfttailrdr46

• Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
  • GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Me at Devil's Tower Wyoming August 2000
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2021, 01:10:20 PM »
I am locking this topic for administrative review it hovers way too close to becoming a mud sling contest. Along with many opinions suggesting to be the facts
  • Long Island N.Y.
AA S510 Xtra Fac .177 RH Walnut FS
Rainstorm II .22
Air Speed .25 Smile Machine
FX Crown .25 w/600 mm Barrel
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
Marauder GenII .30  Boyd's TH 100+ fpe
RWS D34 .22
RWS D460  .177  
PP700 SA ,22 PCP pistol W/Rocker1 LDC & Red Dot
CP2 .22 Pistol/Carbine
SPA Varmint .177
Freedom 8 & Guppy CF Tank & 45 min SCBA

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
A lot a red flags went up as I read that article and to sum up, I don't believe them. Too much hysteria to me. Besides, off-guardian.org is not a highly rated source of good information. A couple links I followed from their article both went to another hysteria site. Quote some medical journals and I'll think about it.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/offguardian/

I didn't see anything 'hysterical about that article, and it's not so much the site where it was posted, as it is the author and her research works and history that I would tend to pay more attention to than the site where it was posted. On looking at her history, it appears that she is a cited researcher and author, so I would give some credence to that. Also, it's been my observation that in the US, the narrative is dictated generally by the CDC, and since this was not research done in the US (to my knowledge), I would not expect to see much in our US publications giving her work any credence.

We have seen throughout this past year, completely opposing opinions and points of view, both being given credence at one time or another. So.......much is a matter of who one believes, but as I said, the article itself did not appear to have any elements of hysteria, and the article/ author/ research is what matters....not the source where it was published.
  • USA, TX, DFW
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -anonymous

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2021, 06:42:54 PM »
Gentlemen.....you all know the rules here. So far, it's going okay as far as keeping the politics out, but I will remind you that this is not a debate site (there are plenty of them out there if you want to participate in formal or informal debate, pointing out logical fallacies and there are no "winners" in our threads. This is the back room,, which is for off-topic discussions, and we need to keep it informal, friendly, and fun. Pretend you are sitting around the Thanksgiving dinner table with your friends and family- people that you LOVE- and react or respond as you would in that situation. If you must, then just walk away shaking your head, but keep the personal attacks, including attacking style, the honesty and integrity of other posters, or any other commentary intended to insult, OUT of the discussion.

We (admin and mods) will be monitoring the thread, and if you can't play nice, and you either take it political or start insulting your friends here, your post will be either deleted, or at the very least, edited to remove offensive content, and if you persist with other posts, there will be unpaid vacations given.

• USA, TX, DFW
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -anonymous

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2021, 06:45:54 PM »
Do we really need to flood this site with controversial non air gun topics?

This is the back room where non-air gun topics are supposed to be. As far as controversial....it has the potential to be, and warnings have been given.
  • USA, TX, DFW

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2021, 06:53:01 PM »
Chris, Have you read the article that is the subject of the OP?

It's a LONG read, but well worth the time spent. Plus many of the statements are backed up w/ hyperlinks to where the info was obtained. Were I you, I'd bookmark it for future reference.

Here's another link for it.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/synthetic-mrna-covid-vaccines-risk-benefit-analysis/5738270

The hyperlinks at that website are more obvious than the link used in the OP.

To be honest, I have not. I assume,.. we,.. as a bunch here,.. are not a bunch of blithering idiots and can thus make intelligent statements (with or without links). [I start from that.] What I do see is people firmly on both sides. How does that happen? Where does that come from? How is that possible? Is a fact not a fact? What is skewed? What is not?

Thus my original question as to what can you trust (in a search) these days?

When it comes to medical issues, I try to find the original research done, look at who the authors were, and base thoughts on that. If you look at the site which publishes the info, you may very well get some strange or odd sites, but it's the validity of the information that matters, and not the website who put the information "out there".
  • USA, TX, DFW

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2021, 06:54:18 PM »
Well, the lady sure had a strong opinion. :o Probably 1000 more videos saying just the same. And,.. probably 1000 more saying just the opposite.

I do not like misreporting #'s. That right there draws suspicion across the (whole) topic.

If the mud keeps flying, the thread will disappear. :)
  • USA, TX, DFW

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2021, 06:59:41 PM »

CDC admits COVID-19 ‘positive result’ just means you’ve previously contracted the “common cold”
https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/cdc-admits-covid-19-positive-result-just-means-youve-previously-contracted-the-common-cold/270529

Frankly, that has been one of my primary questions throughout this virus....this coronavirus is obviously worse than the coronavirus which causes the common cold, but otoh, immunity to the common cold also reportedly helps prevent one from contracting covid. There is also the matter of SARS and MERS, which appear to be closely enough related that it leads me to wonder why we didn't have a vaccine even earlier than we did.
  • USA, TX, DFW

Offline Longbob

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2021, 07:01:31 PM »

This is the back room where non-air gun topics are supposed to be. As far as controversial....it has the potential to be, and warnings have been given.

Thanks Lizzie. Here's something that's a little off topic; but still germane as it pertains to Big Pharma, (I almost started a separate thread about this & still might).

A Social Analgesic? Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) Reduces Positive Empathy
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6455058/
Abstract
Acetaminophen – a potent physical painkiller that also reduces empathy for other people’s suffering – blunts physical and social pain by reducing activation in brain areas (i.e. anterior insula and anterior cingulate) thought to be related to emotional awareness and motivation.

These findings suggest that (1) acetaminophen reduces affective reactivity to other people’s positive experiences and (2) the experience of physical pain and positive empathy may have a more similar neurochemical basis than previously assumed. Because the experience of positive empathy is related to prosocial behavior, our findings also raise questions about the societal impact of excessive acetaminophen consumption.
--
JMO, ... Might be a good idea for folks to use aspirin or ibuprofen for their headaches and/or general body aches & pains. Acetaminophen can also do a J-O-B on the liver.
Daisy 415 CO2
Daisy 426 CO2
Gamo P-23 CO2

Offline Chris USA

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »

If the mud keeps flying, the thread will disappear. :)

No problem here. I am too dazed and confused to have an affirmative opinion. Like I said 1000 opinions this way,.. and 1000 the direct opposite,... where does that leave anyone?

I will start and and (end) with miscounting in any form. That is a non-starter for me right out of the gate.
  • Ohio
Barra 1866
Avanti 499

Offline Longbob

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2021, 07:20:09 PM »

CDC admits COVID-19 ‘positive result’ just means you’ve previously contracted the “common cold”
https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/cdc-admits-covid-19-positive-result-just-means-youve-previously-contracted-the-common-cold/270529

Frankly, that has been one of my primary questions throughout this virus....this coronavirus is obviously worse than the coronavirus which causes the common cold, but otoh, immunity to the common cold also reportedly helps prevent one from contracting covid. There is also the matter of SARS and MERS, which appear to be closely enough related that it leads me to wonder why we didn't have a vaccine even earlier than we did.

Right. And, the CDC admitted it. Get a cold and you will test positive for Covid. Is there anyone around who has never caught a cold in their entire life?

We all have. That means when and if we take the Covid test, it will be a positive result.

I don't think anyone can have 100% immunity against the common cold. I do know that if one takes 10,000 IU of Vitamin D daily, then their immune system can fight off a cold or even shrug it off. Plenty of sunshine gets us the best dosage of Vitamin D and most of us get plenty of that from practicing outside w/ our airguns.

Except for me, I have to practice at night. *Shrugs*

I take plenty of Vit D and I couldn't tell you the last time I had a cold or the flu.

There's some evidence Vit D can even help against Covid.

Can vitamin D protect against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/expert-answers/coronavirus-and-vitamin-d/faq-20493088

Vitamin D can help reduce coronavirus risk by 54%: Boston University doctor
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/vitamin-d-can-help-reduce-coronavirus-risk-by-54-boston-university-doctor/ar-BB199vhH
Daisy 415 CO2
Daisy 426 CO2
Gamo P-23 CO2

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2021, 07:31:26 PM »

Right. And, the CDC admitted it. Get a cold and you will test positive for Covid. Is there anyone around who has never caught a cold in their entire life?

We all have. That means when and if we take the Covid test, it will be a positive result.

I don't think anyone can have 100% immunity against the common cold. I do know that if one takes 10,000 IU of Vitamin D daily, then their immune system can fight off a cold or even shrug it off. Plenty of sunshine gets us the best dosage of Vitamin D and most of us get plenty of that from practicing outside w/ our airguns.

I take plenty of Vit D and I couldn't tell you the last time I had a cold or the flu.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/expert-answers/coronavirus-and-vitamin-d/faq-20493088

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/vitamin-d-can-help-reduce-coronavirus-risk-by-54-boston-university-doctor/ar-BB199vhH
Sorry... I have to dispute this...
Late last year I got sicker than I ever remember being in my life.... was sick for 2 weeks. I had all the symptoms except for fever and loss of taste/smell.  I tested 3 times, all negative. I was sure I had Coivd.
I might add... all three tests were from different locations.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2021, 07:31:52 PM »

Thanks Lizzie. Here's something that's a little off topic; but still germane as it pertains to Big Pharma, (I almost started a separate thread about this & still might).

A Social Analgesic? Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) Reduces Positive Empathy
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6455058/
Abstract
Acetaminophen – a potent physical painkiller that also reduces empathy for other people’s suffering – blunts physical and social pain by reducing activation in brain areas (i.e. anterior insula and anterior cingulate) thought to be related to emotional awareness and motivation.

These findings suggest that (1) acetaminophen reduces affective reactivity to other people’s positive experiences and (2) the experience of physical pain and positive empathy may have a more similar neurochemical basis than previously assumed. Because the experience of positive empathy is related to prosocial behavior, our findings also raise questions about the societal impact of excessive acetaminophen consumption.
--
JMO, ... Might be a good idea for folks to use aspirin or ibuprofen for their headaches and/or general body aches & pains. Acetaminophen can also do a J-O-B on the liver.

That information has been out for quite awhile now, that I am aware of (the mental/emotional/ liver effects), but docs usually specify (in hospital practice) a total amount of acetaminophen a patient can have per 24 hour period. Frankly, I have seen exceptionally good results with tylenol....it's been a great addition to the specific areas of medicine I have worked in.
  • USA, TX, DFW

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2021, 07:33:51 PM »

Sorry... I have to dispute this...
Late last year I got sicker than I ever remember being in my life.... was sick for 2 weeks. I had all the symptoms except for fever and loss of taste/smell.  I tested 3 times, all negative. I was sure I had Coivd.

I have been working with and around covid patients since last spring, and I get tested twice weekly- always negative. That may possibly be attributable to immunity to the common cold, and we must all remember....the symptoms of covid are the very same symptoms of a wide range of illnesses, bacterial and viral.
  • USA, TX, DFW

Offline Chris USA

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2021, 07:38:05 PM »
Lizzie,

I think that drinking and Tylenol should not be mixed. As I recall,... it can be big trouble,.. real quick. Worth a quick mention for anyone it may apply to.
  • Ohio
Barra 1866
Avanti 499

Offline Chris USA

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »
Lizzie,..... good to see you jumping in.   
  • Ohio
Barra 1866
Avanti 499

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2021, 07:50:10 PM »
Lizzie,

I think that drinking and Tylenol should not be mixed. As I recall,... it can be big trouble,.. real quick. Worth a quick mention for anyone it may apply to.

I didn't mention drinking....I was referring to the use of tylenol in the hospital setting. Docs will usually specify a limit on the mg a patient may have daily.
  • USA, TX, DFW