Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Wear your masks  (Read 2326 times - 1 votes) 
)

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Wear your masks
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2020, 09:20:48 PM »
We are talking,  that is good.

Merry Christmas Brothers

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2020, 09:22:57 PM »
You do not get the correlation between you having others in your car and spreading Covid?  ???
That was a creative way of asking you whether or not you recognize the similarity?
Do the rest of us have a choice with Covid?
Or not?
Jesse
  Sure you can stay home where it's safe.  At least until you run out of food, lose your job and house becuse you had no income.

Me I'm currently  at work im on my 3 rd 16 hr day in a roll in a small both with  the only guy out of 6 on this end on this crew (not my crew in on ot) that's not off due to covid.  He is also the only one that has not been tested.   I'm obvious  not concerned  nor will I live in fear.  God is in charge.
  • U.S, Charlestown IN

Offline screwwork

• N.U.A.H. Marksman
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »
I work & travel for my company to do essential work, I see many people that don't wear masks at all or properly. That is your choice, live WFO open. Stay away from me, my home, and don't take the chance to infect others.
I am not a tree hugger, I believe we have the right to express ourselves and protect our own.
I have grandkids I would like to see, my grandson has Cerebral Palsy and my granddaughter has breast cancer.
My family takes the most care to try not to get sick or contract covid to protect our family.
Best wishes to you living WFO open, I hope no-one that you love dies for your freedom of expression.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:33:19 PM by screwwork »
  • Nor-Cal
177. Airmax MK II pistol
22. 1322, pistol/carbine 
177. P-rod, double tubed, SS valve, 177. Mrod barrel NSA slugger Plus .22 MM HF barrel
22. Prod, LW barrel, SS valve (House Pest eliminator)
25. Mini-rod, 13cu tank
      Second breech - Arrow gun
.25 cal Raptor Mini
.25 Sumatra Carbine
357 Slayer

Offline Mr.P

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2020, 09:32:59 PM »
"I do not mean to sound condescending; but protecting yourself completely is that complicated. Before that sounds impossible, remember that viral load plays a huge part in the severity of the disease. If you pick up only one little speck; you are much more like;y to get mild illness.  Pick up a handful, your outcome don't look so grand... Remember that the less interaction there is out in public, the less ink is spread around. The better chance the virus will not mutate, allowing herd immunity through natural infection and immunizations a chance to work. Please folks, let's not allow the prophecy of an unstoppable virus fulfill itself through lack of self-control!
Jesse"

There is a lot of wisdom in that passage.  Thank you.
  • USA, OR, Portland

Offline Mr.P

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2020, 09:38:32 PM »
"Mask won't  save you.  The  virus  is microscopic  and will easily  fit through  the holes in the mask people  are wearing." and this misses the entire point of the previous quote.  Dangerous misinformation taking a fact (virus isn't small) and using it reach an inference (masks don't work).  Wrong my friend. 

Do a little research - you see the news in Germany with mask mandates and Covid spread?   Huge obvious measurable effect. 

New Zealand... South Korea, they can do it.  If they can, we should be able to.  Seems minimally patriotic to try to follow the science on this in the real sense of patriotic.  I have enough faith in this country to assume we can do it, even if misinformation campaigns make it slow to sink in.  Hard to be patient when you have at-risk loved ones but that's what we have to do while trying to get the message through. 
  • USA, OR, Portland

Offline screwwork

• N.U.A.H. Marksman
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2020, 10:00:19 PM »
Mr P, please feel free to use your real name in your profile. My name is Randy.

I know that masks are not the saving grace or holy grail, but the people that use them slow down the spread of germs. If I cough without a mask my germs fly everywhere, if I wear a mask and cough my germs are in the mask, same for sneezing. feel free to tell me I am wrong. If you wear a single layer mask you having a great risk of infection, if you wear the mask improperly, touch anything anywhere in life you can contaminate your hands, no kidding.
Who do you care in life & don't want to lose in life for not wearing a mask? I love my grandkids, great-grandkids and I don't need this in my family's life. This is a good discussion, I have much to lose, and people in my family that have high-risk problems. No sugar coating required.

• Nor-Cal
177. Airmax MK II pistol
22. 1322, pistol/carbine 
177. P-rod, double tubed, SS valve, 177. Mrod barrel NSA slugger Plus .22 MM HF barrel
25. Mini-rod, 13cu tank
.25 cal Raptor Mini
.25 Sumatra Carbine
357 Slayer

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2020, 10:31:37 PM »
"Mask won't  save you.  The  virus  is microscopic  and will easily  fit through  the holes in the mask people  are wearing." and this misses the entire point of the previous quote.  Dangerous misinformation taking a fact (virus isn't small) and using it reach an inference (masks don't work).  Wrong my friend. 

Do a little research - you see the news in Germany with mask mandates and Covid spread?   Huge obvious measurable effect. 

New Zealand... South Korea, they can do it.  If they can, we should be able to.  Seems minimally patriotic to try to follow the science on this in the real sense of patriotic.  I have enough faith in this country to assume we can do it, even if misinformation campaigns make it slow to sink in.  Hard to be patient when you have at-risk loved ones but that's what we have to do while trying to get the message through.

My at risk  loved ones  already  contracted covid and are quite fine.   As posted mom had it while in chemo and radiation,  my in laws had it with their heart and lung issues. 
   The message may get through  that it is not as bad as made out to be with time.  I'm hoping  so.
  • U.S, Charlestown IN

Online Rick67

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2020, 10:33:42 PM »

I know that masks are not the saving grace or holy grail, but the people that use them slow down the spread of germs. If I cough without a mask my germs fly everywhere, if I wear a mask and cough my germs are in the mask, same for sneezing. feel free to tell me I am wrong. If you wear a single layer mask you having a great risk of infection, if you wear the mask improperly, touch anything anywhere in life you can contaminate your hands, no kidding.
Who do you care in life & don't want to lose in life for not wearing a mask? I love my grandkids, great-grandkids and I don't need this in my family's life. This is a good discussion, I have much to lose, and people in my family that have high-risk problems. No sugar coating required.

I think you would like to address your statement to Duce, Mr. Randy, the gent who is not a pro mask person  ;D

Mr. P sounds like he is all for donning a mask.
  • Abq., NM, USA

Offline JuryRigger

• Expert
  • NUAH Club member 11/12/2020 Diana 350 N-Tec Mag.
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2020, 10:43:36 PM »

My at risk  loved ones  already  contracted covid and are quite fine.   As posted mom had it while in chemo and radiation,  my in laws had it with their heart and lung issues. 
   The message may get through  that it is not as bad as made out to be with time.  I'm hoping  so.
I am glad your loved ones came through just fine.. And I know that there is some unknown cause not researched nor understood as to why some folks get mild illness, and others severe. There is emerging research that the MMR vaccines (specifically the mumps part) may have a role in that.. The only thing that I would point out-while your loved ones came out fine (despite being prime for severe illness according to current knowledge) there are still freezer trucks full of bodies all over the country... Obviously for some, for whatever reason yet to be determined (possibly the overwhelming of the hospitals with the flood of cases, resulting in poorer care) the virus is more deadly than you have been blessed with experiencing.
Remember the season folks, life is precious.
Jesse
  • Buckeye State
If you think about it long enough, there's a way to build almost anything out of almost anything.
(whether or not it works is another story...)-Me
Genius errs, if possible, more badly than pedantry. Mathematics, properly directed, cannot fail.-Captain Nemo
Diana N-Tec Panther 350 Magnum .22; and lots of ideas...
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline screwwork

• N.U.A.H. Marksman
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2020, 10:49:38 PM »

Matthew,
This gives me hope, thanks for posting.
It isn't always about the weak ones that die. I know of 3 people that passed away because of covid, two of them were friends of a coworker of mine and one was a close friend of mine for 8 years. May he rest in peace although he didn't die in peace. A lot of people have been killed for years from cancer, auto accidents, common flu, and covid is just a new thing and if wearing a mask saves one life of a friend or family member.
I would thank you for being so kind and thinking of them over the BS about wearing a mask.
  • Nor-Cal
177. Airmax MK II pistol
22. 1322, pistol/carbine 
25. Mini-rod, 13cu tank
.25 cal Raptor Mini
.25 Sumatra Carbine
357 Slayer

Offline screwwork

• N.U.A.H. Marksman
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2020, 10:56:26 PM »

I think you would like to address your statement to Duce, Mr. Randy, the gent who is not a pro mask person  ;D

Mr. P sounds like he is all for donning a mask.

Thank you for pointing out my misunderstanding!
My apologies Mr P, I can own it and can move past my mistakes.
Randy
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 11:04:17 PM by screwwork »
  • Nor-Cal
177. Airmax MK II pistol
22. 1322, pistol/carbine 
25. Mini-rod, 13cu tank
.25 cal Raptor Mini
.25 Sumatra Carbine
357 Slayer

Offline GumpIsrael

• Eye Sea Yoo
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2020, 11:02:49 PM »
The masks work. Even the flimsy procedural masks. I know firsthand.

Until the 24th I worked in a mental health facility. Patients were tested and quarantined before being allowed into gen pop unit (if negative). Positive cases were isolated and cared for by staff who were suited and booted (bunny suit, n95 respirator, face shields, gloves). We had zero gen pop infections for a long time.

What ended this was unclear, what is known is that an asymptomatic person infected a gen pop unit and the spread was very fast in the patient population since patients donít have to wear masks.

Before it was known that the patients were positive I had a work-order in a patient room... I was unknowingly in direct contact with multiple Positive cases with only a paper procedural mask and safety glasses and using hand sanitizer after our departure. Turned out all patients on that unit tested positive... My helper and I tested negative.

Even after things started getting bad, no one who was wearing proper PPE has tested positive.

The masks dramatically reduce not only the chance of you being infected but also of you spreading the disease. 

Iíve done a fair amount of research into this subject and I donít pretend to know everything. But what Iíve read (medical journals, technical virology data, and experiment data) suggests that the virus is as contagious as the common cold (which is a coronavirus) and affects people differently with severity of symptoms varying wildly from person to person. The virus has a lifespan that varies from surface to surface, typically the more porous the surface, the shorter the lifespan. Most of the reports Iíve read say that it lives in aerosol droplets (from coughing and sneezing) and can live for hours if the air is undisturbed. Iím not aware of any cases of transmission from touching a surface, but there is plenty of data to suggest close contact with the infected in an area with uncirculated air can get you sick.
The worst thing about this virus is that unlike SARS, SARS-COV-2 can be completely asymptomatic in a person. Most of the time you are most contagious 24-48 hrs before the symptoms even start.  What this means is that you spread the disease before you even know youíre sick (if you ever even know).

Iím willing to bet money that the severity of the virus is genetically determined.

Okay, Iím done with my soapbox now.
  • Austin, Texas
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life."

Mine
Benjamin 312
Hatsan 135 Carnivore QE .30
Daisy Model 99
Daisy Model 99
Stoeger  X10

John's
Benjamin 252
Daisy Buck
Daisy Red Ryder
Crosman 2100

Kendraís
1962 Sheridan Bluestreak

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2020, 11:08:13 PM »

Matthew,
It isn't always about the weak ones that die. I know of 3 people that passed away because of covid, two of them were friends of a coworker of mine and one was a close friend of mine for 8 years. May he rest in peace although he didn't die in peace. A lot of people have been killed for years from cancer, auto accidents, common flu, and covid is just a new thing and if wearing a mask saves one life of a friend or family member.
I would thank you for being so kind and thinking of them over the BS about wearing a mask.

I never said I don't wear a mask in stores or the gas station I do to be courteous .   II only  said it's not going to save anyone.

Maybe they should ban guns after all if it only  saves just one life.   Just think of the children. 
  • U.S, Charlestown IN

Offline screwwork

• N.U.A.H. Marksman
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2020, 11:10:27 PM »
Thanks for chiming in Austin!
I appreciate your comments, those are first-hand experiences and no BS news reports. 
I hope you get back to work soon.
  • Nor-Cal
177. Airmax MK II pistol
22. 1322, pistol/carbine 
25. Mini-rod, 13cu tank
.25 cal Raptor Mini
.25 Sumatra Carbine
357 Slayer

Offline GumpIsrael

• Eye Sea Yoo
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2020, 11:16:11 PM »
Thanks for chiming in Austin!
I appreciate your comments, those are first-hand experiences and no BS news reports. 
I hope you get back to work soon.

Thnx, hopefully tomorrow will be the day, I bid a job call for a stadium. I never in my life thought Iíd feel safer on a job site than in a medical facility.
  • Austin, Texas
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life."

Mine
Benjamin 312
Hatsan 135 Carnivore QE .30
Daisy Model 99
Daisy Model 99
Stoeger  X10

John's
Benjamin 252
Daisy Buck
Daisy Red Ryder
Crosman 2100

Kendraís
1962 Sheridan Bluestreak

Offline screwwork

• N.U.A.H. Marksman
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2020, 11:20:33 PM »

Matthew,

I never said I don't wear a mask in stores or the gas station I do to be courteous .   II only  said it's not going to save anyone.

Maybe they should ban guns after all if it only saves just one life.   Just think of the children. 
Matthew,
Legal guns and respectful owners I don't worry about, illegal guns and or the people that use them are totally another matter. Thanks for clarifying that you wear a mask, that means a lot to me. I apologize for my misunderstanding that you do not wear a mask while working or out and about.
Randy
  • Nor-Cal
177. Airmax MK II pistol
22. 1322, pistol/carbine 
25. Mini-rod, 13cu tank
.25 cal Raptor Mini
.25 Sumatra Carbine
357 Slayer

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2020, 11:31:28 PM »
 O I dont wear one at work. No one dose. I do as a courtesy  when out and about. ( thats seldom  who has time for that when working  16 hr days, running a farm and taking the kids hunting and trapping.)

What's an illegal gun?   I understand  using a firearm in the comission  of a crime but not what an illegal gun is. 
  • U.S, Charlestown IN

Offline Nomadic Pirate

• Hog Seeker
  • News and entertainment
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2020, 12:11:19 AM »
The masks work. Even the flimsy procedural masks. I know firsthand.

Until the 24th I worked in a mental health facility. Patients were tested and quarantined before being allowed into gen pop unit (if negative). Positive cases were isolated and cared for by staff who were suited and booted (bunny suit, n95 respirator, face shields, gloves). We had zero gen pop infections for a long time.

What ended this was unclear, what is known is that an asymptomatic person infected a gen pop unit and the spread was very fast in the patient population since patients donít have to wear masks.

Before it was known that the patients were positive I had a work-order in a patient room... I was unknowingly in direct contact with multiple Positive cases with only a paper procedural mask and safety glasses and using hand sanitizer after our departure. Turned out all patients on that unit tested positive... My helper and I tested negative.

Even after things started getting bad, no one who was wearing proper PPE has tested positive.

The masks dramatically reduce not only the chance of you being infected but also of you spreading the disease. 

Iíve done a fair amount of research into this subject and I donít pretend to know everything. But what Iíve read (medical journals, technical virology data, and experiment data) suggests that the virus is as contagious as the common cold (which is a coronavirus) and affects people differently with severity of symptoms varying wildly from person to person. The virus has a lifespan that varies from surface to surface, typically the more porous the surface, the shorter the lifespan. Most of the reports Iíve read say that it lives in aerosol droplets (from coughing and sneezing) and can live for hours if the air is undisturbed. Iím not aware of any cases of transmission from touching a surface, but there is plenty of data to suggest close contact with the infected in an area with uncirculated air can get you sick.
The worst thing about this virus is that unlike SARS, SARS-COV-2 can be completely asymptomatic in a person. Most of the time you are most contagious 24-48 hrs before the symptoms even start.  What this means is that you spread the disease before you even know youíre sick (if you ever even know).

Iím willing to bet money that the severity of the virus is genetically determined.

Okay, Iím done with my soapbox now.

Thank you brother for giving some real life data.

....Cutting through the propaganda driven argument, that really only works if you are into the cult.
  • North Shore Oahu Hawaii
Evanix REX Carbine         .357  180 FPE
Evanix REX Mini-Carbine    .357  150 FPE
Evanix REX Mini-Carbine II  .357  150 FPE
Evanix RainStorm  II            .30  100 FPE
Evanix RainStorm  II           .30   85  FPE
Evanix Storm Mini-Carbine  .30   70  FPE
Evanix Storm II Carbine     .25   70  FPE
Evanix MAX-ML                 .25   65  FPE
Evanix Storm II Model 70   .25   50  FPE

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 12:54:18 AM »
 Correlation  dose not equal  confirmation.  I had close contact for days with my mom and I in laws for days before they tested positive.   I didn't  wear a mask yet tested  negative  both times. 
   Some people  are going to die that are healthy.  Some  have minor discomfort, others  will be immune ( I have read up to 30%).  Not a symptomatic  but completely  immune.  It effect people  differently. 
  • U.S, Charlestown IN

Offline Bentong

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 12:54:46 AM »
Well some will die of old age and some will eventually die from COVID-19. Take care.
  • B3c👀l Oragon