Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Wear your masks  (Read 2327 times - 1 votes) 
)

Offline Steveoh

• Expert
  • yes
Wear your masks
« on: December 06, 2020, 11:56:55 AM »
Wear your masks, avoid crowds and confined public spaces, political rallies, restaurants, etc. The pandemic is getting much worse.

It is not a political  issue, rather it is a public health crisis as hospitals are overwhelmed with the sick and dying.
  • Benicia, CA
AirGun Safety
Sumatra Carbine .25
Tolman Skiff
Airgun Guild
Marauder .25
Quackenbush .458 LA Outlaw
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw Pistol
Quackenbush .58 LA Outlaw
Citrus .257
Airforce Texan .257
Bunch of Crosman Pistols

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Wear your masks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 12:27:44 PM »
Done. Don't end up in a reefer truck in the hospital parking lot.

Too many guns left to own and shoot.

Offline wolverine

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »
neighbor across the street was taken out by ambulance last week (not covid related) and had to be admitted 80 miles away because there aren't any beds available closer.
  • U.S.A.  North Carolina,  Oriental
Crosman 2240
Crosman 2260 (lefthanded)-Mountain Air tuned / UTG 4x32 AO
.22 Benjamin NP2 / Centerpoint 3-9x40 AO
.22 Brocock Contour S6 / Discovery VT-2 8x44 SF
.177 Custom Shop 2400KT "Avian Assassin" / BSA Red Dot
.177 HW30s Deluxe / Motorhead tuned / Hammers 3-9x32 AO
.22 Daystate Huntsman Regal XL  (lefthanded) / Barra FT 3-15x50 SF
.177 HW100 BP-K (lefthanded) / Arken SH4 4-14x44 FFP
.177 Benjamin 397 / Williams peep sight
Daisy Red Ryder (who doesn't own one?)

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 12:52:54 PM »
neighbor across the street was taken out by ambulance last week (not covid related) and had to be admitted 80 miles away because there aren't any beds available closer.

...and, then there is that! 

Wash your hands, take your temperature, wear your mask and avoid crowds.
  • Pineywoods of east Texas
Gittin' old beats not gittin' old!

On the map!

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »
Stopped by the Dollar General to pick up some watch type batteries for the temp gauge on the compressor. 8 1/2 x 11 paper signs throughout the store read "Masks Required". Both store employees approached to give me assistance. Neither had a mask on. I pointed THEIR sign out to them. Their response was.... we put a mask on if a customer asks us to. I said..... well, my wife and I have been sick for the past 3 weeks but, not to worry, we'll wear ours masks for you.
SMH   :-\
Got back to the truck and grabbed the hand sanitizer.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline JuryRigger

• Expert
  • NUAH Club member 11/12/2020 Diana 350 N-Tec Mag.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
Another thought to consider-make sure that your mask fits your face well; to often I see folks wearing them hanging off of their nose or with a big gap between the bridge of their nose and their face. Commercial N-95 respirators have a metal strip embedded in the bridge of the nose area for that reason; the higher rated full-face respirators for workplace use can actually require an OSHA fit test for hazardous location use....
Remember; the virus will be all over your clothing and hair, too. Take a shower when you get home, put the laundry directly in to wash and beware the frozen goods. All bets on time limits for surface contamination are off when a surface is cold; refrigeration preserves the virus.
Jesse
  • Buckeye State
If you think about it long enough, there's a way to build almost anything out of almost anything.
(whether or not it works is another story...)-Me
Genius errs, if possible, more badly than pedantry. Mathematics, properly directed, cannot fail.-Captain Nemo
Diana N-Tec Panther 350 Magnum .22; and lots of ideas...
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Online Rick67

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 03:01:15 PM »
I have seen so many out-of-towners not wearing masks here in Albuquerque.

They go to restaurants and act surprised when they are told to don their mask.

Not so long ago I gave an old couple 2 masks because the restaurant would not let them enter the establishment--they had Texas plates.

I do DoorDash as my sideline, so I see the non-wearers all the time.

NM is quite disciplined when it comes to masking up  ;D

I get irritated when I see people displaying their dismay when they are not allowed to enter establishments due to not wearing one.

Masks right now are already part of your garb, like an underwear is.

• Abq., NM, USA

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »
  This won't make me popular  it appears but many sound fearful?

Mask won't  save you.  The  virus  is microscopic  and will easily  fit through  the holes in the mask people  are wearing.  They will reduce  the oxygen  and increase  the carbon dioxide  in your blood thought.   

It's not very  deadly and it's not as contagious  as they are claiming. Unless your very  old and have a lot of health  problems  you will likely be just fine.

Now before you get all worked up let me explain  my personal  experience.   My mother in law had covid. She is 60 has copd, heart condition, and smoked 2 + packes a day.  In about a week she was fine.  My FATHER-IN-LAw coughed  a little but was fine.

My mother also on her 60s always wore her mask and stayed locked  in her condo out of fear because  she was on chemotherapy and radiation compromised  her immune  system still caught  covid.   With in a week she was fine also.   
     I stay at my moms and inlaws 3-4 days a week when I'm working.  I had close direct  contact both times for hours  for days the day before  they both were diagnosed.  I quarantined 14 days and got tested  each time yet I never caught  it.

It currently  making its round through  my plant in multiple  departments.  We have over 50 currently  out now. People  I work in close  contact  with each day.  No one wears mask at work.  Only one has been put on the hospital  all the others say it a mild  irritation  and the flu is worse.  But they all enjoyed  the paid time off work especially  during  hunting season.

Sure take precautions  same as you would during  every flu season but live your lifes.  You will get it and you will 99.7% survive.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:12:07 PM by Duce »
  • U.S, Charlestown IN

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 03:28:54 PM »
There's about 280,000 Americans that definitely cannot argue with you, anymore.

Offline Matchstickshooter

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 03:34:11 PM »
 Hmmm, I'm going to look at this like...

If I need to go into an operating room for any surgery I'm sure NOT going to tell them they don't need masks....
  • Lyndon,Vt.

Offline Nomadic Pirate

• Hog Seeker
  • News and entertainment
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 03:42:23 PM »
Wait, wait what ? ?

Edited for ,....smart @$$ comment  ;D ;D ;D that would probably get me into trubble
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:47:22 PM by Nomadic Pirate »
  • North Shore Oahu Hawaii
Evanix REX Carbine         .357  180 FPE
Evanix REX Mini-Carbine    .357  150 FPE
Evanix REX Mini-Carbine II  .357  150 FPE
Evanix RainStorm  II            .30  100 FPE
Evanix RainStorm  II           .30   85  FPE
Evanix Storm Mini-Carbine  .30   70  FPE
Evanix Storm II Carbine     .25   70  FPE
Evanix MAX-ML                 .25   65  FPE
Evanix Storm II Model 70   .25   50  FPE

Offline Blutroop

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 03:49:14 PM »
If making a joke about uspo loosing mail because they thought it was ballots is called political then talking about masks and people that should/shouldn’t wear them is just as political..

some people have service connected disabilities that make it hard to wear a mask.

Some people refuse to let others make medical decisions for them.

Some people chose to hold on to their liberty.

• Alaska kenai

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 03:50:51 PM »
Wait, wait what ? ?

Edited for ,....smart @$$ comment  ;D ;D ;D that would probably get me into trubble

I'll do it for you...

Next time he goes in for surgery ask the surgeon, anesthesiologist and nurses to not wear a mask.

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »
Wearing a mask is like being a team player (USA winning) and being a patriotic citizen. Too many flag wavers enjoying The Rights without upholding The Responsibilities of US Citizenship.

Offline Frank in Fairfield

• "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2020, 03:55:50 PM »
Absolutely
  • Fairfield, CA, USA
AA TX200, .177
Avanti 499B
Baikal IZH46M
Beeman P17
Beeman R1, .177
Benjamin Marauder, Gen I, .177
Benjamin Marauder, Gen I, .22
Benjamin Marauder, Gen I, .25
Crosman 1720T
Crosman 2300S
Daisy Model 25, Variant 7
FWB 300S
Diana 52, .177
Sheridan C9a
Weihrauch HW35e, .177

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 03:57:00 PM »

I'm not arguing just stating facts and my personal  experience.  I will go with my personal  experience  over agenda  driven news any day. 
      I also don't believe  that after decades  of testing  and researching  they  only have a 30% effective  flu shot but in 10 months  have a 90% effective  covid vaccine.   
        I'm not trying  to persuade  anyone  of anything or do I care if you hide in your bunker the next 10 years. 
      People die, and a lot more will die due to the poor  handling  of covid.  Hundreds  of thousands  more than convex will kill.
     Suicide  rates are way up due to the mental  strains of lock downs and loss of access to mental  health  services  available  due to covid.
    People  are avoiding  getting  needed care and appointments  out of fear of catching  covid.
     Many are not getting  the screening  that will save their life  because they are being  canceled. 
    The economic  losses  and closing  of small businesses  by the thousands can not be measured.
      Its multi dimensional  and takes critical  thinking .  Funny  none of it's in the news.

• U.S, Charlestown IN

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »

I'm not arguing just stating facts and my personal  experience.  I will go with my personal  experience  over agenda  driven news any day. 
      I also don't believe  that after decades  of testing  and researching  they  only have a 30% effective  flu shot but in 10 months  have a 90% effective  covid vaccine.   
        I'm not trying  to persuade  anyone  of anything or do I care if you hide in your bunker the next 10 years. 
      People die, and a lot more will die due to the poor  handling  of covid.  Hundreds  of thousands  more than convex will kill.
     Suicide  rates are way up due to the mental  strains of lock downs and loss of access to mental  health  services  available  due to covid.
    People  are avoiding  getting  needed care and appointments  out of fear of catching  covid.
     Many are not getting  the screening  that will save their life  because they are being  canceled. 
    The economic  losses  and closing  of small businesses  by the thousands can not be measured.
      Its multi dimensional  and takes critical  thinking .  Funny  none of it's in the news.

You are reasonable and have a belief. I do too.

Merry Christmas

Offline shibumei

• To shoot or not to shoot. That is the question...
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 04:21:35 PM »
It's documented that 80% of new infections are from those that wear masks all the time or most of the time?    Masks do protect others but not so much the wearer.  People do not wear mask properly and touch their masks with unwashed hands potentially putting the virus directly on the mask.  Don't touch the mask ever...   If you do, odds are you are better off without... 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 04:24:40 PM by shibumei »
  • USA, GA, Town of Forsyth

Offline Duce

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »

You are reasonable and have a belief. I do too.

Merry Christmas
     Thanks and I respect  your beliefs and rights to them.    If we dont cross paths on another thread before  then happy Holliday's Johnny
  • U.S, Charlestown IN

Offline Blowpipe Sam

• An ignorant doofus with no business being called a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Luddite and 21st century hunter gatherer
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 04:28:28 PM »
I'll say it.  WEAR A MASK.  If you don't believe in masks, please, grin and bear it.  It's about being considerate of your fellow Americans, especially those who are at the greatest risk.  It ain't about expressing your rugged individuality.  Thanks to everyone for expressing their opinions and thanks to our founding fathers for the right to express them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 04:42:12 PM by Blowpipe Sam »
  • Rustic Camp Weownit by the banks of the pellucid Sopchoppy River, Florida
My Battery
Hatsan 1000 Striker .25  (Thanks to SteveP-52)
Hatsan 125 .22
Ruger Impact Max .22
FDAR Xisico XS60c .22 
Crosman 1400 .22.  2nd model
Crosman 1400 .22.  1st. Model
Crosman 2240XL .22
Crosman 2100 .177
Crosman 1377 .177
Winchester 1100s .177
Industry B-3 .177

“None but the shades of Cavalrymen dismount at Fiddler’s Green”.