Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: JSAR's Flex Regulator meets the Gauntlet  (Read 2013 times))

Offline Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... Stand em up Shoot em down
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 2019 Hall Of Fame Recipient
Re: JSAR's Flex Regulator meets the Gauntlet
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »
1/8-27 NPT
  • Northern California ... Old Hangtown
** Home of MOTORHEADS AG Tuning Services **
        ** PM me for further contact & tuning info.

Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
#https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/

Offline scion19801

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »
  • USA, NY, Ithaca
Umarex Gauntlet .25, Hawke vantage 3-12x44 sf, jsar super tune kit, adjustable flex regulator, .38l bottle, rocker1 LDC

Airforce Condor .25 cal, Custom LDC. .145" tophat, power wheel 10, 24-2500 psi fills. 3d printed bipod adapter. Nikko mountmaster 3-12x50AO

FX Impact MK2 700mm .25 cal, element helix 6-24x50, slug kit, both superior liners, slug A liner, carbon fiber barrel liners.

3d printing services as well. just send me an PM

Offline Hajimoto

• Tweak Geek Shooter'er
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 06:14:01 AM »
ok so my new larger bottle will be here in the next few days. Looking over the flex regulator. i noticed a big issue with these setups. the output gauge reads to 6k psi. this is senseless. should only have a 3k psi gauge on the output for better resolution when setting out put. the way they are currently one would have to have a an external tester to dial in as the resolution is not fine enough as is. One would basically be guessing on the output set point.
I'm sure its a micro gauge. but what size and thread would i need to find to replace the 6k gauge with a 3k gauge so it would work and adjustments can be made more precise?
I could not agree with you more and in very detailed conversations with Ray at Ninja I requested 3k gauges from day one. They started importing large quantities of these gauges but were hit by the huge delays associated with COVID-19 and China.
The manufacturer/exporter shut down and there were shipments going out. So because I sell so many Flex Regulators and while my need for 3K gauges was real, my quantities are far less than that of Ninja.

I found the perfect black faced 3K gauges and ordered 30 or so and that was over 2 months ago  :(
I am in contact with the vendor but am losing faith that they will ever arrive. On my personal Flex Reg configurations, I have out fitted them with EDGUN EDMU's

The final piece to this puzzle is the follow up with customers who already own the 6K gauges and educating them on the final to arrive 3K gauges. We all know that will be met with "Well if I send you back the 6K, can you just swap for the 3K?"
While Ninja would still have use for the 6K gauge, Hajimoto Productions would not so I'm waiting for COVID-19 to back off, Ninja to get back up and running and then trying to close the 3K/6K gap.

• Western Massachusetts, USA

Offline scion19801

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 10:40:31 AM »
sounds logical with all the delays covid-19 is causing. the gauge i found came in. but it slightly larger than the ninja one. i haven't swapped it in yet as i'm concerned it may hit the guard. wasn't sure and thank you for the background info on the gauge with the 6k gauges. I just thought i'd point it out ans it didn't make sense to me being that way.
  • USA, NY, Ithaca
Umarex Gauntlet .25, Hawke vantage 3-12x44 sf, jsar super tune kit, adjustable flex regulator, .38l bottle, rocker1 LDC

Airforce Condor .25 cal, Custom LDC. .145" tophat, power wheel 10, 24-2500 psi fills. 3d printed bipod adapter. Nikko mountmaster 3-12x50AO

FX Impact MK2 700mm .25 cal, element helix 6-24x50, slug kit, both superior liners, slug A liner, carbon fiber barrel liners.

Offline Bunyboyz

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2020, 06:30:18 AM »
Following this thread.

I hope Everyone is doing the best they can given this virus mess.

• USA, MD, Baltimore
F1 and Airguns

GhostWolf Talondor .257 .22 .25
Tuned Flash .25 camo and hot rodded
Gauntlet .25
Gauntlet .22
Urban .22
Suppressed Sortie .22
Flash .22 Flash .25 x2
QB78 heavily modded .177
A bunch of springers and CO2 pistols

Offline scion19801

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 06:17:22 PM »
just found an issue with my foster fitting on my flex reg leaking. it is from the inside of this fitting, not where the fitting goes into the regulator. i went to put a few drops of oil in and noticed bubbles. can these be rebuilt of does the foster fill fitting need to be replaced altogether?
i thought i was losing air, but thought it was just my imagination. low and behold it is. kinda odd, as i fill from a yung heng compressor. so top offs are no issue for me.
  • USA, NY, Ithaca

Offline YEMX

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 07:02:26 PM »
just found an issue with my foster fitting on my flex reg leaking. it is from the inside of this fitting, not where the fitting goes into the regulator. i went to put a few drops of oil in and noticed bubbles. can these be rebuilt of does the foster fill fitting need to be replaced altogether?
i thought i was losing air, but thought it was just my imagination. low and behold it is. kinda odd, as i fill from a yung heng compressor. so top offs are no issue for me.

I could be wrong, but I think there's an o-ring in the fill nipple...
  • Silver Spring Md

Offline scion19801

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 11:06:13 PM »
should be. As it is basically a one way check valve fill fitting.
  • USA, NY, Ithaca

Offline Hajimoto

• Tweak Geek Shooter'er
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »
Here is a trick I use a lot. Take a hard 1 1/2" to 3" rod that is about 1/8"  in diameter like a nail, pop rivet or section of drill rod. Place the rod inside the foster fitting so it is all the way in take something hard but but not heavy. Something like a 3/4" wrench or you can use a pair of channel lock pliers.

While the rod is in the foster fitting you just tap the rod end with the wrench or pliers and and you will hear the poppet in the fost fitting snap some air and typically it will align correctly and stop leaking.
  • Western Massachusetts, USA

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
Here is a trick I use a lot. Take a hard 1 1/2" to 3" rod that is about 1/8"  in diameter like a nail, pop rivet or section of drill rod. Place the rod inside the foster fitting so it is all the way in take something hard but but not heavy. Something like a 3/4" wrench or you can use a pair of channel lock pliers.

While the rod is in the foster fitting you just tap the rod end with the wrench or pliers and and you will hear the poppet in the fost fitting snap some air and typically it will align correctly and stop leaking.

Cool fix, Thank You.