Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Adjustable regs for original Raptors?  (Read 1532 times))

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
Re: Adjustable regs for original Raptors?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2020, 01:06:13 PM »
Most online reviews that are done by the 'online review gurus' are done when they receive the gun.... not 6 months down the road.
It's typical here on the GTA that we give our personal reviews of guns we receive in short order.... the great thing about our reviews are, they get updated 6 months down the road... and many times before and after 6 months.
None of us want to get online and post 'boy' did I mess up when I bought this $1500 piece of junk'... and many of us won't. We'll return it, exchange it or deal with it, if we are capable.
Personally, I'm not one to preorder anything... especially not a custom shop gun for a number of reasons... some mentioned above. (future spare parts)
I prefer to let others drop that $1500 and see how they feel about it 6 months down the road... if it's worth it's weight in salt... it will still be available. And just maybe that price will come down some...  ;)
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline cootertwo

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 01:13:15 PM »
When I talked to Travis last time, and was asking about the newer trigger group, adjustable reg, and "O" rings, he asked me to wait till the first part of February and email him with my request. There was no BS, just fact. He/They are pretty busy trying to get rifles out, and prepare for the shot show. I'm pretty sure his phone rings off the hook all day, every day. I mean come on, they are a tiny company, compared to what most of us are used to. Can you call FX, and have Fredrick answer the phone? NO WAY. Same with any other larger manufacturer. I'm lucky enough to have quite a few PCP's, and I can wait till things settle down at JSAR, and I'm proud to support an American company. :D :D :D :D :D
  • USA Labelle FL
FX Wildcat 22 cal X2
FX Wildcat MKll 30 cal
Air Force Texan 45 cal
Hatsan Bullboss 22 cal X2
Hatsan Bullmaster 22 cal
Hatsan Barrage 22 cal
Hatsan Bully 35 cal
Hatsan Sortie pistol 22 cal
Hatsan ATP1 pistol 22 cal
Hatsan AT44S-10 22 cal
Hatsan Blitz 30 cal
Crosman Bulldog 357 cal
Crosman M-rod 22 cal
Crosman P-rod 22 cal
Evanix Air Speed 22 cal
Huben K1 gen 5 22 cal
JSAR RAPTOR 30 cal
LCS SK19 22 cal

Offline JBinCO

• N.U.A.H Master @ 100 Yards
  • Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 01:44:26 PM »
+1 and yes...you do have a very nice stable of top of the line rifles!
That has to help LOL!
  • Front Range, Colorado, USA
Made in the USA  F10 Shoebox Boost Compressor
.25 Haji Prod Gauntlet
.22 Aspen
.30 JSAR Raptor EZ Edition Adj Reg EdGun Gauge
.177 JSAR Hawk LW Barrel Adj Reg EdGun Gauge

Offline PoolDoc

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 02:18:36 PM »
Just want to reiterate that I started this because and only because of the regs. Travis has been available when I needed to talk to him. I like my Raptor and part of my frustration is due to I feel it would be way better with the reg. Supporting USA made product is/was a key part in placing my order way back. Im sure its not a easy venture to get involved in. I also believe that the early purchasers should have received the regs first. I wish nothing but success for JSAR . I also know not speaking up usually gets one nowhere.
As far as reviews go.....  with so few out there and most without the adjustable reg its really not fair IMHO to pre determine the ability's of the gun. I have had trouble with vertical stringing and i'm certain I can eliminate some or most of that issue with the reg.
  • VT, USA
Hatsan Flash 25
Hatsan Flashpup 22
2400kt bottle gun
1322 modded
1377 phase2 modded
RWS 350 22
RWS 36 177
Diana chaser 177
Vevor comressor
JSAR Raptor 30

Offline Luis Leon

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2020, 02:18:36 PM »
I could buy "shotshow" but that is no excuse IMHO. The regs IMHO should have been sent to the people who Paid for them first. Its been months and its also pretty well known the raptors won't perform properly without them?????
FRUSTRATED >:(
Everyone has been gushing over them, no negative reviews whatsoever. Lots of glossing over of any issues with them. I personally thought it risky to accept delivery of a gun that is “supposed” to come with an adjustable regulator. With it (the adjustable regulator) being delivered at some future date? Better to just wait for certain products to prove themselves over time. And as fellow PCP users we owe it to the rest of us to report on our PCPs “warts and all”. Lots, and lots and I mean lots of recommendations from people who haven’t even own the gun 6 months... always makes me wary.

Do you go by LLeon over on AGN?

Cuz that guy bought a Brocock Sniper HR in September (that'd be about 5 months ago) and less than 3 weeks later was "gushing over it" with descriptions including phrases and words like, "love," "very pleased with how it shoots," "HR standard for home run" "feels solid" so quiet it doesn't need a moderator",  etc."

Just wondering cuz that same guy them made a post about fanboys that I felt was directed at my initial responses to my Raptor, responses that happened to be within a few weeks of ownership also.
Yes I’m that guy, gushing only after having shot my Compatto .22 for over a year and half, hundreds of critters down. Awesome, accuracy, running right out the box to this day. Which led me to the Bantam Sniper which is the offspring of the Compatto. Which is a proven platform. So, yes I AM that guy gushing over a proven platform on AGN. Fanboys and girls, that’s another story...

Time of ownership of the Sniper HR was the relevant detail. I guess you get to make quick assessments of guns but others can't.

Now, if we're doing comparisons to things were familiar with (like you and the OTHER Brocock gun you now cite) I've shots tens of thousands of pellets (kept all the empties) from LW barrels from various guns and been very happy with the accuracy results, winning many of our monthly FT matches.  I was able to see, in the first few weeks, that the LW barrel Travis machined for my Raptor was/is exceptional. I guess that makes me an accuracy fanboy.
Frank I never called you a fanboy. Just posted my observations of them. As for time of ownership on the Bantam? The Compatto has been around since 2015 and is the direct parent of the Bantam. So it the Bantam evolved from a proven, parent gun. Its lineage is apparent in its accuracy, handling, etc. I apologize that you are taking it so personally.
  • USA, NY, Hudson Valley
N.U.A.H. Club - Master
Brocock Compatto .22
PP700SA .22
Bantam Sniper HR .22

Offline Franklink

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2020, 03:27:59 PM »
I could buy "shotshow" but that is no excuse IMHO. The regs IMHO should have been sent to the people who Paid for them first. Its been months and its also pretty well known the raptors won't perform properly without them?????
FRUSTRATED >:(
Everyone has been gushing over them, no negative reviews whatsoever. Lots of glossing over of any issues with them. I personally thought it risky to accept delivery of a gun that is “supposed” to come with an adjustable regulator. With it (the adjustable regulator) being delivered at some future date? Better to just wait for certain products to prove themselves over time. And as fellow PCP users we owe it to the rest of us to report on our PCPs “warts and all”. Lots, and lots and I mean lots of recommendations from people who haven’t even own the gun 6 months... always makes me wary.

Do you go by LLeon over on AGN?

Cuz that guy bought a Brocock Sniper HR in September (that'd be about 5 months ago) and less than 3 weeks later was "gushing over it" with descriptions including phrases and words like, "love," "very pleased with how it shoots," "HR standard for home run" "feels solid" so quiet it doesn't need a moderator",  etc."

Just wondering cuz that same guy them made a post about fanboys that I felt was directed at my initial responses to my Raptor, responses that happened to be within a few weeks of ownership also.
Yes I’m that guy, gushing only after having shot my Compatto .22 for over a year and half, hundreds of critters down. Awesome, accuracy, running right out the box to this day. Which led me to the Bantam Sniper which is the offspring of the Compatto. Which is a proven platform. So, yes I AM that guy gushing over a proven platform on AGN. Fanboys and girls, that’s another story...

Time of ownership of the Sniper HR was the relevant detail. I guess you get to make quick assessments of guns but others can't.

Now, if we're doing comparisons to things were familiar with (like you and the OTHER Brocock gun you now cite) I've shots tens of thousands of pellets (kept all the empties) from LW barrels from various guns and been very happy with the accuracy results, winning many of our monthly FT matches.  I was able to see, in the first few weeks, that the LW barrel Travis machined for my Raptor was/is exceptional. I guess that makes me an accuracy fanboy.
Frank I never called you a fanboy. Just posted my observations of them. As for time of ownership on the Bantam? The Compatto has been around since 2015 and is the direct parent of the Bantam. So it the Bantam evolved from a proven, parent gun. Its lineage is apparent in its accuracy, handling, etc. I apologize that you are taking it so personally.

Your disparaging observations of "fanboys" are a pretty good description of your own history of forum posts that chronicle your < 6 months worth of ownership of the Bantam Sniper HR.

My bone to pick here is that we all get excited when we get a new gun, and want to share the (hopefully) positive results. Now, that includes yourself, as easily evidenced by your own post history. So, somehow it's okay for you to do it but not others. A good aspect of the forums is getting to read and experience not only initial impressions a gun makes on a new owner, but subsequent and continued impressions.  My Raptor ownership process has been fully shared on the forums. If I had any additional negative to report on the Raptor, I would do it.

A bigger point to make here might be why you have made a handful of negative comments about a gun (and manufacturer) whose products you own none of. My "sharing of observations" makes we wary of someone trying so hard to undo a reputation as it is being built.

I own an earlier generation of a Brocock, the Concept Elite. It is a fine gun and I have posted such in various places on the forums in the couple years that I have owned it. Wanna guess how many personal opinions I have shared about the Bantam Sniper HR (That I don't own)? Absolutely zero.

While I've seen many of these type of spats between members on the forums, this is my first personal experience with one. I don't think that anybody wins in these situations.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:31:30 PM by Franklink »
  • Arizona

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 03:43:14 PM »
Gentlemen..... take this to private PM.
First and final warning.

Offline cootertwo

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 04:11:20 PM »
dummm da dummm dummm ;)
  • USA Labelle FL
FX Wildcat 22 cal X2
FX Wildcat MKll 30 cal
Air Force Texan 45 cal
Hatsan Bullboss 22 cal X2
Hatsan Bullmaster 22 cal
Hatsan Barrage 22 cal
Hatsan Bully 35 cal
Hatsan Sortie pistol 22 cal
Hatsan ATP1 pistol 22 cal
Hatsan AT44S-10 22 cal
Hatsan Blitz 30 cal
Crosman Bulldog 357 cal
Crosman M-rod 22 cal
Crosman P-rod 22 cal
Evanix Air Speed 22 cal
Huben K1 gen 5 22 cal
JSAR RAPTOR 30 cal
LCS SK19 22 cal

Offline Luis Leon

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2020, 04:14:29 PM »
dummm da dummm dummm ;)
Quaking in my boots. @Frank PM sent.
  • USA, NY, Hudson Valley
N.U.A.H. Club - Master
Brocock Compatto .22
PP700SA .22
Bantam Sniper HR .22

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 04:18:00 PM »
Locked for admin review.