Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Rifle (22Cal) - A Forest Hunters Evaluation  (Read 29203 times))

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
Hello my name is Tom. I am a Forest Hunter and I Hunt Small Game in the North Woods of Minnesota. If you hunt rugged country in extreme weather conditions like I do, then you may want to take a look at this Well Designed, Gas Ram Hunting Rifle. I ordered this gun in 22 Cal. from PA on 10/29/2017  I  received it, on Nov 5th.  It shot well, right out of the box ( after barrel clean-up). It is a good hunting type gun but it is Not a Looker with a Walnut Stock. The open sights are all metal and no plastic. The gun is fairly rugged and does very well in a difficult hunting terrain. Sleet, snow, ice and rain haven't bothered this rifle much. If you shatter a scope on a rock, you still have the open sights to hunt with until you can get the broken scope replaced. The muzzle break unscrews for a threaded barrel, in case you decide to add a moderator or air stripper.. The gun comes un-scoped and weighs about 7 Lbs. My gun weighs around 7/12 to 8 pounds scoped. It handles well in heavy cover and the Clean Break Trigger is a big improvement over past Crosman triggers. I have taken several squirrels with this gun so far. ( Nov 13th) It was 18 degrees out that morning. I shot three squirrels out of trees at about 30 yards. It was "Lights Out & Dead Right There" on these squirrels with one shot to the center chest on each. This would be a good Field Grade Hunting gun but Not a Show Gun. This one has the NP #2 Gas Ram in it and cocks fairly easy.  It Hits Hard and Shoots Straight. No Barrel Droop at all. Since I got the gun Nov 5th, I have only shot about 85 shots thru this gun. It is not broken in yet and it already shot a dime sized grout at 25 yards  The gun's shot groups are improving even more as it is getting broken in.  My gun has not been pellet picky and is not hold sensitive either. Every pellet that I have shot through this Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 rifle has shot fairly well out to 25 yards. I don't have to re-adjust the scope much. I have shot Crosman Piranhas, Gamo Red Fires, Crosman Destroyers, H&N Terminators and others.  Some... but not much... variation in POI out to 25 yards. I don't have a clue why...that is just the way it is on this particular gun.  ???  ???       

If you wish you can go to PA's or AGD's Web Site Links that I have listed below and see what they they have for yourself.   The Price is $159.95 and Shipping May be Free.   

Type in GATEWAY-PYRAMYD for the 10% GTA Discount at PA.                     Type in AGDFB10 for 10% GTA Discount at AGD.

Rockbiter 25/125 AirgunsOhio Published on Feb 4, 2018
Shooting a 12 Yard Group-177 Cal. - You Tube Video Link : >
  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwiw86_ZlLXaAhVrneAKHTYQDQ8QtwIITzAF&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEO4f4M0KprA&usg=AOvVaw0gMGWslzEMa_fHm8i3jSh2

My Best Wishes to All  -  Tom   

PA's Web Site on Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Rifle
Click Here  >  . https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjbkcrKpYzZAhWvpFkKHa2WCAkQFggqMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pyramydair.com%2Fs%2Fm%2FCrosman_Summit_Ranger_NP2_Air_Rifle%2F4321&usg=AOvVaw1L6qOPHs44YdNI4_gu-pQe

AGD's Web Site on Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Rifle
Click Here  >  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj1-PT8IvZAhWDjlkKHZBsBCQQFggqMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.airgundepot.com%2Fcrosman-summit-ranger-np2.html&usg=AOvVaw3mpef1RJ1pOjinsckC6MBg

RE: GTA Post  -  Need Help Picking a Springer For Hunting
Click Here  > https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=134574.msg1342724#msg1342724 

Re: GTA Post  -  Cold Weather Springer or Gas Ram Under $300 ? Which is Best ?
Click Here  >  https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=136226.msg1371640#msg1371640
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:47:34 PM by A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods
I Have Seven Hunting Rifles:

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump
In Calibers .25  .22  .177 
Made By Hatsan, Crosman & Umarex

Offline Bryan Heimann

• GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Rifle (22Cal) - A Forest Hunters Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »
Glad to finally see a review of this rifle.  I do wish they would make it available with a plain wood stock, with no funky geometric designs.  Still tempting though, i like this better than any of the other NP2 offerings.  Good steel sights are always a plus!

Thanks for taking the time, great review brother.
  • Knob Noster, MO
regularguy11B/ regular guy/ laid over

Offline SteveP-52

• I just lurk, I'm no longer a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:28:02 AM »
Excellent review, my friend! If I ever get around to building the rifle I have pictured in my head, I'm sending it to you to put to the test and give your thoughts on. I know I'll get an honest opinion on what I got right and what I didn't.
  • Buffalo, NY, USA

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
Glad to finally see a review of this rifle.  I do wish they would make it available with a plain wood stock, with no funky geometric designs.  Still tempting though, i like this better than any of the other NP2 offerings.  Good steel sights are always a plus!

Thanks for taking the time, great review brother.

Bryan....any of the NP2 wood stocks should fit this rifle, I think.  Crosman does not list this one on their web site any more.  I don't think that they are making this one any longer. They only had it on their web site for around 12 months.  It just came out about a year ago last Fall.  What ever the vendors like PA and AGD have in stock is all that is left, on this rifle. Too bad because it shoots real well and can be made to look a lot nicer if one desires.     Thank You for your reply.  I am glad you liked this review.

Best Wishes - Tom

Here is a List of Reviews on the Crosman Summit Ranger from Pyramid Air's web site:

The most helpful favorable review
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
Overall rating: 5
Value for money:
Accuracy:
By Benjamin from USA on 2017-08-19 04:29:21
Things I liked: This gun is everything I expected and hoped it would be. Being a new Crosman product, there were no reviews when I decided to go for it. I figured though that it would combine the best of other rifles in a lower priced package. Spot on! Weight and balance are very good - light enough to carry around, with enough heft to steady the aiming. The synthetic stock is light and rugged and looks really cool. Crosman rates the FPS at 1150, but PA places it at 1400. I think the PA rating is more correct - it packs a lot of power, and that makes for a level trajectory at longer distances. The rifle is zeroed out of the box. I like that the gun comes without a scope, which is very easy to attach, the Winchester 4x32 AO in my case. Sighting in with the Sightmark Triple Duty Universal Bore Sight was surprisingly easy. It took only 3 adjustments of the scope to hit the bullseye.
Things I would have changed: A sling would have been a bonus.
What others should know: The muzzle break can be unscrewed, and the front sight pulled off, in order to attach the Sightmark bore sight magnetically to the barrel. Reattaching the muzzle break and front sight, however, means the rifle will have to be sighted in if the open sights are to be used. This rifle is powerful enough to hunt small game at 40-60 yards, at which distances I would consistently use a scope, so that's not an issue at all.

The most helpful critical review
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful:
Overall rating: 3
Value for money:
Accuracy:
By Calvin from USA on 2019-01-17 11:11:28
Things I liked: accuracy with open sights.
Things I would have changed: although the trigger isn't to bad, It is hard to tell when it is going to fire. The rear sight has a lot of play in it making it move up and down a lot. If you use open sights it will have to be shimmed. After shimming mine and a slow steady trigger pull I can hit tin cans at 50 yards.

Sort by:   Date   Helpfulness   Rating
Overall rating 4.0
Value for money 5.0
Accuracy 5.0
By Gerald w. from USA on 2019-01-21
See all my reviewsWas this review helpful?
0 ratings
Verified Purchase
Things I liked: I like the power but the pin on the rear sight keeps trying to fall out I put a scope on it anyway.
Things I would have changed: different pin for the rear sight.
What others should know: its a great gun like it a lot.  Add comment to this review

Overall rating 3.0
Value for money 3.0
Accuracy 4.0
By Calvin from USA on 2019-01-17
0 ratings
Verified Purchase
Things I liked: accuracy with open sights.
Things I would have changed: although the trigger isn't to bad, It is hard to tell when it is going to fire. The rear sight has a lot of play in it making it move up and down a lot. If you use open sights it will have to be shimmed. After shimming mine and a slow steady trigger pull I can hit tin cans at 50 yards.  Add comment to this review

Overall rating 5.0
Value for money 5.0
Accuracy 5.0
By Will on 2018-12-31
Was this review helpful?
0 ratings
Things I liked: I have the Crosman Optimus as well. And this rifle will out shoot it every day of the week. By far more accurate and much more powerful. It is lightweight and the synthetic stock will holdup well in the field. While the scope is okay I shoot it with the iron sights and these sights are actually metal. It also seems to like a variety of pellets. I have used JSB, Crosman, RWS, and H&N and they all group well.
Things I would have changed: While I love the metal sights I wish the front blade was not as high.
What others should know: If you are looking for a great inexpensive.177 that is accurate and can take a beating this is a great choice.  Add comment to this review

Overall rating 5.0
Value for money 5.0
Accuracy 5.0
By Kurt from USA on 2018-12-06
0 ratings
Verified Purchase
Things I liked: I bought first, the .22cal,because of Tom's reveiw.I have both now,the .177 & .22. They are very accurate.Has metal sights..Basic ,Good, Powerful gun. I scoped both of them now >Old Eyes..Both guns shoot different kinds of pellets well /what Tom said.
Things I would have changed: nothing
What others should know: I bought these for rat shooting in the winter .I live in the NW Wa,rain and mist.I own HW,RWS,Beeman and didn't want to abuse them with the weather....I am very happy with the Summit Ranger.IT will Stack 22cal. RWS HP at 15 yards..Stock has a "Hollow Chonk" sound when fired..Easy fix for that..1 inch thick, furniture foam from hardware store.. Step1>Remove rubber butt pad(2 phillips head screws) 2>Lay rifle butt stock on foam. .3>with sharpy pen, trace stock. 4.>Cut out foam.,stuff foam in stock. 5>.replace butt pad (careful/steel coarse thread screws going into plastic).6.>Try gun out = no more "Chonk" sound.  Add comment to this review

Overall rating 5.0
Value for money 5.0
Accuracy 5.0
By James from USA on 2018-09-29
0 ratings
Verified Purchase
Things I liked: The NP2 is a powerful, low recoil, quiet, smooth cocking and very accurate air gun. This rifle is not a back yard friendly air gun. It is a serious hunting rifle. Every bit as dangerous a .22 LR powder burner. It is light weight, steel front and rear open sights, nice trigger, sling mounts, and you pick out the scope. It does not like light weight pellets (14.3 gr. or 14.66 gr.). It is that powerful. Loved JSB Exact 18.3 gr. pellets. Crosman has a real sleeper in the Summit Ranger at a very affordable price from Pyramyd Air. A + A + A +
Things I would have changed: Rear sight is weird.  Add comment to this review

Overall rating 5.0
Value for money 5.0
By clarence from USA on 2018-09-02
0 ratings
Verified Purchase
Things I liked: Great value power and accuracy
Things I would have changed: nothing

Overall rating 4.0
Value for money 4.0
Accuracy 4.0
By Steven from USA on 2018-02-01
2 ratings
Verified Purchase
Things I liked: I've been interested in an inexpensive breakbarrel, what flipped my buy switch on this is that it is Crosman 's cheapest np2 air rifle with metal sights and a non-thumbhole stock.the front metal sight appears to be held on by a perforated metal nut that I haven't tried to remove.The rear sight is all metal, a bit crude, but functional, and looks like it can be completely removed.The stock is sturdy but hollow sounding. The trigger blade is plastic but seems plenty strong. It shoots with a solid "thok". The 10 for 10 test.showed velocities around 900fps with 11g hobby pellets. The trigger has a lot of creepy slack for the first stage but I can feel the second stage and it breaks pretty clean if not light. I've only shot about 80 pellets. My best casually rested 25 yard group was 1 1/4". Too soon to say if it will be accurate, but so far I'm encouraged.
Things I would have changed: Shape of the pistol grip.
What others should know: Durability is a question, but I've found Crosman easy and helpful to deal with in the past which is an important point for me.

By Chevota from USA on 2018-07-19   
0         Comments
Plastic trigger? It should be what appears to be powdered metal. It is also non-magnetic... Let us know. Btw, what are your thoughts on that rear sight-onna-block? Looks like a redneck lift kit... I don't understand why, do you have any idea? Also, does it appear that it could simply be cut down to normal height?
Add comment to this review

Overall rating 5.0
Value for money 5.0
Accuracy 5.0
By Benjamin from USA on 2017-08-19
2 ratings
Things I liked: This gun is everything I expected and hoped it would be. Being a new Crosman product, there were no reviews when I decided to go for it. I figured though that it would combine the best of other rifles in a lower priced package. Spot on! Weight and balance are very good - light enough to carry around, with enough heft to steady the aiming. The synthetic stock is light and rugged and looks really cool. Crosman rates the FPS at 1150, but PA places it at 1400. I think the PA rating is more correct - it packs a lot of power, and that makes for a level trajectory at longer distances. The rifle is zeroed out of the box. I like that the gun comes without a scope, which is very easy to attach, the Winchester 4x32 AO in my case. Sighting in with the Sightmark Triple Duty Universal Bore Sight was surprisingly easy. It took only 3 adjustments of the scope to hit the bullseye.
Things I would have changed: A sling would have been a bonus.
What others should know: The muzzle break can be unscrewed, and the front sight pulled off, in order to attach the Sightmark bore sight magnetically to the barrel. Reattaching the muzzle break and front sight, however, means the rifle will have to be sighted in if the open sights are to be used. This rifle is powerful enough to hunt small game at 40-60 yards, at which distances I would consistently use a scope, so that's not an issue at all.

By Chevota from USA on 2018-07-19   
0         Comments
PA says 1150 now. Seems more realistic considering it's short barrel. Steve; thanks for posting the thread specs, which is the same as the shrouded version so I'm guessing it's the same barrel minus shroud? Btw, is that rear sight screwed on or did they solder/braze that thing??? It has that brazed look like the Pic rail on the scoped guns. I was hoping for screwed b/c lots of people are looking for a metal one to use on other Cros/Benj guns that have plastic or none at all.
By steve from USA on 2018-03-22   
1         Comments

Some corporate politics I do believe, like the wrong fps... thread count 1/4 x 20 the hatsan air stripper is a a go!
By Paul from USA on 2017-10-03   
3         Comments

Finally got a scope. Still need a better one but yeah it's just a great rifle. Every weekend I take it to the field for distance (I have a great shorter range setup too for the daily itch. The infamous gamo big cat 1400. Also great and once mastered stupid accurate but not quite as powerful, not as tough etc. I'm glad to have gotten the 1400 for $63, even after this my summit ranger's the favorite. It does get the range doesn't it? Lol. I can't believe that more people aren't buying it. Worth every red cent!
Add comment to this review

Overall rating 4.0
Value for money 5.0
Accuracy 4.0
By Paul from USA on 2017-08-01
1 rating
Things I liked: The feel,function (steel sights etc) and undeniable power (mine clocks in at 1200fps avg with LEAD crosman 7.4g pointed .177. At 15yds I can stack pellets and dime a 10+ group so far with steel sights. It gets a minimum of 23fpe! (I may have been lucky I don't know but mine is a keeper!) Artillery hold isn't necessary, sling mounts, np2 gas piston. ...no barrel droop, full rifled barrel, good crown and faux compensator/break for further protection plus it's threaded. ... Really for me, quite a bit to like with very little not to. I'm seriously considering the 22 instead of another model too I like it that much.
Things I would have changed: Nothing so far save maybe some dots on the sights but I covered that myself on mine. The trigger is heavy but very easily adjustable to be crisp with 1mm first stage. Feels like the firstthe stage is about a lb with about 5lb clean break second stage as I set it. I actually prefer a single stage so this is not bad. Doesn't hurt my accuracy or enjoyment at all for the purpose. I'm physically disabled too so it's all very usable. I didn't like the safety concept at first but once I started using it in the field it became very much appreciated. I took a mental note of the design in practical applications and now give it a B easily. Really no complaints once you use it as intended but it's a great pinker too. A little bit loud for tight suburban backyard MAYBE but I expected that. I got it as a good all around gun that has power and it's definitely that! Sks in an airgun but for a break barrel it's right in the ultra magnum range.
What others should know: It's worth it if you buy it knowing that you picked out the right rifle for you. This is not a child's toy (most people likely know that here but there's always a chance someone missed every other notice on it lol). Buy two, it's a great rifle if you want power and function over form (though I like the form too). I think they did good by taking a design change and making it a crosman as opposed to Benjamin. Benjamins side need backup sights. The scope only trend made my options quite limited there and this used to be no different lol. Great gun. For the money it's a steal so DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THE FUNCTION,POWER AND PRICE CROSMAN! :)   Add comment to this review

Overall rating 4.0
Value for money 5.0
Accuracy 5.0
By Paul from USA on 2017-07-29
1 rating
Things I liked: Steel sights, power,accuracy,feel, cocking effort is smooth at about 32lbs with the np2. Not overly hold sensitive. Tight in shoulder and everything else is fair game. There's a few minor design quirks but nothing to worry about. It's a great gun for the money. It takes game humanely and quickly however none of the power ratings are ever right. Even the box differs from the sights etc lol
Things I would have changed: Add a scope, 3-9x32 that works and drill the rear sight to sit snug. Hybrid version of this without the npxl and. 25 cal. I'd buy all three calibers. I like it that much.
What others should know: The rear sight is drilled 1mm too loose. It functions fine but I think people should be aware. Power is close to the box. 1195fps/177 down. Not 1400 with alloy. Definitely worth it. I love it. Powerful, comfortable, durable, accurate, no barrel droop, crown or missed rifling etc. Great target hunter. It has minor quirks for the blind. As such, I painted fluorescent dots on the steel and it's a tack driver. Blows through about 1200 pages easily. 1inch plywood? Butter meet hot knife. It's a great fun and hunting rifle for big boys and girls :)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:36:55 PM by A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:37:44 PM »
Excellent review, my friend! If I ever get around to building the rifle I have pictured in my head, I'm sending it to you to put to the test and give your thoughts on. I know I'll get an honest opinion on what I got right and what I didn't.

Steve...I would be more than happy to test anything that you send me.    I am quite sure that anything you might build would be Great with little or no flaws.   Thank You for your reply. I am glad you liked this review.

Best Wishes my Friend   -   Tom
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:58:56 PM by twood69 - A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 01:45:06 AM »
Dear Reader :

The more I shoot this rifle the more I like it.       So far I have found no flaws in it's performance.      I have taken small game with this rifle in the Fall and Winter.   This rifle has worked out, really well, as a hunting gun.

Sincerely My Best Wishes to You  -  Tom

Here is a review from AirGun Depot :

100% Recommend this product (2 of 2 responses)

By Jim
Lafayette Indiana
June 1, 2018
Not perfect, but very good for the price
I've had this gun (.22 version) for only three days, so maybe a review is premature, but I've already spent several hours sighting it in, setting the trigger, and practicing with it, and these are my first impressions.

The gun's power is impressive. It strikes with authority, no question. I'd have no qualms hunting small game with it once I learn to hit my mark consistently.

I can't say this NP2 gun is really much quieter than a spring piston gun, but the sound is smoother, if that makes sense.

Breaking the barrel to load is heavier than I'd come to expect after reading other people's reviews, but closing the barrel is smooth and effortless.

The sights overall are pretty good, but the rear sight has an annoying back and forth play caused by a gap where the sight plate is pinned into two front prongs at the front of the sight base. This can be fixed though, with shims, or maybe building up the sides of the sight plate or base prongs with JB Weld, or gently tapping the two prongs on the sight base closer together with a light hammer. It's a pity this is left to the end user, but it is what is, and it is nevertheless better than many other sights I've seen.

The trigger is good once you get it adjusted to the briefest second stage possible. It is as advertised very crisp and light, and the lengthy first stage is an entirely acceptable trade-off to get it to that point. And a light, crisp trigger pull does make a huge difference in accuracy.

Hold sensitivity I don't know that I can really comment on too much at this point, except to say that I'm starting to believe that some shooters may be over emphasizing the forearm hold while ignoring stock weld, which is at least as important. Good and consistent placement of your cheek on the comb when sighting in translates into good, consistent shots. So far I've only shot off the bench with the fore end resting on a pad, but I have noticed some significant variation in shot placement while trying to get a decent stock weld. Which isn't easy with this gun, you really have to cant your head and lay your cheek as hard as possible into the comb to get a decent sight picture. (Some relief might be possible though by going old school and filing the generously tall front sight down far enough to allow lifting the rear sight up a little higher.)

And that leads us to stock design and ergonomics. Clearly this stock was designed to be used with a scope instead of open sights. In fact, this is the same stock used for the scope only Benjamin Summit. It looks like basicly what Crosman did was retrofit the Benjamin Summit with open sights.

The other ergonomic deficiency with this design owes much to the beefy stock fore end and hollow plastic butt. The balance point with an artillery hold is a little forward of the end of the scope rails, a good hands width forward of the trigger guard, which makes the gun unwieldy for shooting offhand. Overall the gun's weight is currently acceptable, it's just front heavy, but I'm reluctant to add any more weight to it in the butt to bring the balance point back. Again though, I strongly suspect that since this stock was designed for a scoped gun this problem will be solved once I mount a scope.

So overall, I would say this gun is solid, well made, and a very good step in the right direction, and it was certainly worth what I paid for it, though for want of more refinement in the rear sight and a better stock more suited to open sights it's not as good as it could be.
Pros
Price point, solid construction, powerful, accurate, trigger and sights are better than most at this price point.
Cons
Stock poorly designed for open sights.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:57:09 PM by A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline Horatio

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Us Italians build important stuff.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 12:30:34 AM »
Thank you Tom for review. The Gas Spring B19 I got 2 years ago was garbage. Thank you for for testing the waters on this one.
  • Lakewood CA
No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy.

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 02:54:37 AM »
Thank you Tom for review. The Gas Spring B19 I got 2 years ago was garbage. Thank you for for testing the waters on this one.
Sam...I thank You for your Reply.  I was in unknown territory when I first received this rifle.  I had read a lot of good things about the NP2 gas ram and the CBT trigger but I really did not have any first hand experience with them.   My wife surprised me by ordering this rifle and giving it to me as a surprise gift.   The more I shoot this gun, the better I like it.    It is now my number one "go to gun" for small game hunting.       

My Best Wishes - Tom
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:37:30 PM by A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Online mobilehomer

• Trained proffesional. Do not try this at home without adult supervision and trained medical staff on site.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 06:39:06 PM »
Tom, you might be able to use this guide. It makes for a really good trigger.
  • White House, TN
Christmas Synrod .22
UTG 4-16X56

Trail NP2 .22
UTG 10X50 Glass Reticle

Fortitude Gen 2 .22
Challenger Trigger

Maximus Hunter .22
3-12X44 Centerpoint PLR
TKO

2400KT .22 18"
HiPac w/extension
Bushnell AR223 3-12X40
TKO
Prod Trigger group

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=962067

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 06:46:57 PM »
Tom, you might be able to use this guide. It makes for a really good trigger.

Thank You Ken !     I saved all of this !     I had originally doused my trigger with a slight amount of Mac 1 Secret Sauce.   I'll look in to his information that you sent me.... just as soon as this Big Snow Storm/Blizzard I am in.. is over with on Monday.
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline Relentless Holiday

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
Nice hunting gun group for sure Tom,  Too bad they stopped production on them. sounds like a fine weatherproof hunter.
  • USA New England
The member formerly known as P. O. I.

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »
Nice hunting gun group for sure Tom,  Too bad they stopped production on them. sounds like a fine weatherproof hunter.
Gee P.O.I.  I did not know that Crosman stopped production on this model.   AGD and PA still have them for sale.  I might order another one.  I have a 2017 Crosman catalog that received last November and they were still advertising the Summit Ranger in it.  This gun was ready to go right out of the box.  The only thing I had to do with it was clean out the barrel.  Very strange to come out with it then stop after one year or less.  At any rate, it is a Very Good Hunting Rifle.   All Terrain & All Weather Capable.   Very Accurate no Barrel Droop and Not Pellet Picky.  Powerful & Tough too.   You can take this gun into places and situations that you would never dream of taking a rifle with a Nice Hard Wood Stock into and It will preform Flawlessly for you.   I know, I have three guns with nice hard wood stocks too.   All the small game that I have taken with this gun have been one shot kills.  This rifle is my #1 go-to rifle for all hunting situations. This gun is very Quiet just as it is, stock from the factory.    I have other guns with moderators on them.  The Summit Ranger is just as quiet as my Moderated 22Cal. Crosman Red Tail & 22 Cal. Legacy, and that is with out an LCD on it.  It has a barrel that is threaded for 1/2 20 fine thread.  If I put a LCD on it the Summit Ranger will be Absolutely Dead Quiet. 

My Best Wishes  -  Tom
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:00:36 PM by T. Wood - A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline Relentless Holiday

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 12:27:37 PM »
....Sorry Tom, I must have misunderstood. I was traveling and using a notepad small screen when I read this thread.  I'd though on post #3 you meant it was out of production when ya said it was gone from Crosman's site...my bad...
  • USA New England
The member formerly known as P. O. I.

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 12:50:05 PM »
....Sorry Tom, I must have misunderstood. I was traveling and using a notepad small screen when I read this thread.  I'd though on post #3 you meant it was out of production when ya said it was gone from Crosman's site...my bad...
You Could Be Right P.O.I. This Gun IS Gone From Crosman's Web Site and It May NO Longer Be In Production !

This Gun was probably going to KILL sales on their more expensive SBD Guns.  It was just Too Good.

AGD and PA are still selling them but... they just MAY be the last ones out there

If anyone is sitting on the fence on this rifle, this may be a good time to buy.  Who knows how much longer AGD and PA will have them.   

Best Wishes - Tom
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:30:42 PM by T. Wood - A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
Dear All...Here are some Questions and Answers from Pyramid Air's Web Site on the Crosman Summit Ranger NP 2 Air Rifle.

Best Wishes to All   -   Tom

Paul from USA asked:
What is the weight of trigger pull and is it adjustable?

Tyler from USA:
The CBT trigger is adjustable but usually comes out of the box in the 4-5 lbs range
Answer this Question

Mary from USA asked:
what is the cocking load for this rifle?

Tyler from USA:
About 35 lbs
Answer this Question

Frank from USA asked:
I like this gun because it has open sights. Does it have any baffles, or will it be louder then the scoped versions of the nitro 2, with the thicker barrel/shroud?

Tyler from USA:
It does not have any baffles. It may be slightly louder, but the majority of the noise from a gas piston/spring gun, comes from the action itself, so the noise increase shouldn't be extreme
Answer this Question

Thomas from USA asked:
Does this airgun have a "CREEP STOP HOLE" drilled in the receiver top?

Shawn from USA:
Yes it does have a scope stop hole.
Stanley from USA:
No .
Answer this Question

Bong from USA asked:
Would like to know if the muzzle break is removable\threaded and can be replaced with an aftermarket suppressor\silencer, will appreciate any feedback :)

Stanley from USA:
Yes it can be removed . Unknown thread size ?
steve from USA:
1/2x20
Answer this Question

• The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
Here is a Poasting on the Crosman Summit Ranger fro Amazon's web site on the Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Rifle.  Amazon gets them from Pyramid Air and they state that there only 5 left in stock.     Better order one if you want this one, they will be gone soon !

Best Wishes   -   Tom

Sports & Outdoors Sports & Fitness Hunting & Fishing Shooting Air Guns & Accessories Air Guns Air Rifles
Share  Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Qty:
$149.95 + $12.28 shipping
Only 5 left in stock - order soon. Sold by Pyramyd Air

Add to Cart
Turn on 1-Click ordering for this browser
Deliver to forestlake 55025‌

Add to List
Have one to sell?
Sell on Amazon

Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Air Rifle air rifle
Click image to open expanded view
Crosman
Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Air Rifle air rifle
Be the first to review this item 
Price:   $149.95 + $12.28 shipping
Only 5 left in stock - order soon.
Get it as soon as May 2 - 7 when you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Ships from and sold by Pyramyd Air.
Size: 0.177 cal.Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 Air Rifle..
caliber: 0.177
velocity: 1150.00 ft/sec
Built in America
New (1) from $149.95 + $12.28 shipping
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
eBay is now sold out of the Crosman Summit Ranger !

If you want this one, you better buy one soon.  Pyramid Air only has 5 left and they are selling fast !

Best Wishes - Tom

eBay
Shop by category
Enter your search keyword

Notification
eBay>Sporting Goods>Outdoor Sports>Air Guns & Slingshots>Air RiflesShare
CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
NITRO Piston 2 Crosman Summit Ranger .22 Caliber Np2 Break Barrel Air Rifle Gun

About this product
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
I don't know anything about this place but they have the Crosman Summit Ranger on Sale !

Best Wishes - Tom

$127.50 for the 117 Cal. >>  Link to 117 Cal Rifle : > https://www.bigboreairgunshop.com/product/py-4321-8344-crosman-0-177-crosman-summit-ranger-np2-air-rifle/

$134.64 for the 22 Cal.  >>  Link to 22 Cal Rifle : > https://www.bigboreairgunshop.com/product/py-4321-8455-crosman-0-22-crosman-summit-ranger-np2-air-rifle/

• The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
Ammo Gear.com has the  22 Cal. Crosman Summit Ranger in stock and selling for $159.00     I don't know anything about this place.

Check Out Their Web site !                   Best Wishes - Tom

Click Here : >  http://www.ammogear.com/_5/6/3/Crosman_Summit_Ranger_22_Caliber_NP2_Breakbarrel_Air_Rifle_950fps_55465365.htm
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:35:56 AM by T. Wood - A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• A Jack Pine Savage &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Small Game Hunter
I was out shooting the 22 Cal Crosman Summit Ranger NP2. I was shooting at a 3 inch spinner set out at 75 yards.  I was shooting Crosman Piranha 22 Cal 14.3 Gr Pellets.     I took 30 shots and all were hits on the spinner.         Best Wishes - Tom
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:09:03 AM by T. Wood - A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • The North Woods

Six Are Breakbarrels
One Is A Multi Pump