GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Crosman 101 Reseal - No luck with alcohol flush

(1/3) > >>

Glasstomb:
Tried the alcohol flush on my 101. No luck. So now doing a reseal. Have the valve and parts out but the schematic shows a spring retainer 101-62. It does not have that part.
 Watched the NorthWestAirgun video and it doesn't show retainer. My gun has the 5-grove cocking knob so I'm thinking that maybe newer models do not have the spring retainer?
Can anyone verify that retainer is not needed?

Glasstomb:
one more note. My 101 has a football shaped check valve spring. Maybe that's why there's no spring retainer? Could be they just simplified the manufacture and eliminated the part.

xcalibur:
The spring guide was used in conjunction with a straight spring which was an update. Yours is the earlier setup which used the barrel shaped valve spring. Does your rifle have the conical valve seal or washer on the exhaust side?

Glasstomb:

--- Quote from: xcalibur on March 24, 2024, 05:54:39 PM ---The spring guide was used in conjunction with a straight spring which was an update. Yours is the earlier setup which used the barrel shaped valve spring. Does your rifle have the conical valve seal or washer on the exhaust side?

--- End quote ---

It has the conical valve seal on the exhaust.

xcalibur:

--- Quote from: Glasstomb on March 24, 2024, 06:54:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: xcalibur on March 24, 2024, 05:54:39 PM ---The spring guide was used in conjunction with a straight spring which was an update. Yours is the earlier setup which used the barrel shaped valve spring. Does your rifle have the conical valve seal or washer on the exhaust side?

--- End quote ---

It has the conical valve seal on the exhaust.

--- End quote ---

Attached pic shows a basic breakdown of the changes made to the 100 series valve parts. If yours is original, then it will take a small washer for the intake valve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version