GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Airgun Legislation Actions/Information

U.S. Airgun Laws By State

(1/5) > >>

Matt15:
Do not know if anyone has seen this before.

https://airgunlaws.wordpress.com/#:~:text=However%2C%20as%20this%20Guide%20will,Act%20of%201968%2C%2018%20U.S.C.

ezman604:
This is a good one to sticky. BUT, please be aware that even if there are no federal laws and your state may NOT have any airgun laws, a city, community, parish or township MAY have laws on their books. I found this out recently while looking for properties. Three of the four surrounding cities have ordinances on the books denying the use of airguns (or even slingshots) within the city limits. I am in the process of asking for amendment, rewrite or just the rewording of the ordinances.

Matt15:

--- Quote from: ezman604 on May 28, 2015, 06:11:34 PM ---This is a good one to sticky. BUT, please be aware that even if there are no federal laws and your state may NOT have any airgun laws, a city, community, parish or township MAY have laws on their books. I found this out recently while looking for properties. Three of the four surrounding cities have ordinances on the books denying the use of airguns (or even slingshots) within the city limits. I am in the process of asking for amendment, rewrite or just the rewording of the ordinances.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dave!

jaed.43725:
It got NC wrong. I knew something wasnt right with it.

Under G. S. § 14-316, a person may not knowingly permit a child under the age of twelve
(12) to have access to or possession, custody, or use of any gun, pistol, or other dangerous
firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, unless the person has the permission of the child's parent
or guardian and the child is under the supervision of an adult. Air rifles, air pistols, and BB guns
shall not be deemed "dangerous firearms" within the meaning of this statute except in: Caldwell,
Durham, Forsyth, Gaston, Haywood, Mecklenburg, Stokes, Union and Vance Counties.
VII. FIREARMS

mobilemail:
"In Illinois, air guns are no longer considered as firearms effective on July 13 2012. Air guns over .18 caliber must have a velocity below 700 feet per second (FPS). Air guns are prohibited in Aurora Illinois."

Poorly stated. Airguns under .18 cal and larger calibers shooting less than 700fps are not considered firearms.  Beyond that an IL Firearm Owners ID is required. And now that there are big bores that may live on the fringe of this law (think of a .50 shooting 650-699fps, and its resulting fpe), I think it's wise to live on the side of caution.  It is, after all, IL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version