GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Show us your Custom Airgun Parts (TRICKS-N-TIPS)

Installing a piston seal - The Super Easy Way

(1/3) > >>

jfrey:
Found this idea on youtube.   It works!!!!   Piston seals just snap in place.  No soap, no boiling water, no problem.   They guy in the video uses the cap from a bottle of locktite which I didn't have so I searched around my house and ended up using the cap from a standard Sharpie permanent marker to install the piston seal on my air hawk.   The Sharpie cap is just a little to small to be perfect but worked well enough that I stopped looking for something better.

Booger:

--- Quote from: jfrey on July 23, 2014, 09:03:04 AM ---Found this idea on youtube.   It works!!!!   Piston seals just snap in place.  No soap, no boiling water, no problem.   They guy in the video uses the cap from a bottle of locktite which I didn't have so I searched around my house and ended up using the cap from a standard Sharpie permanent marker to install the piston seal on my air hawk.   The Sharpie cap is just a little to small to be perfect but worked well enough that I stopped looking for something better.

--- End quote ---

Nice video, simple, short, & sweet.

ptpalpha:
That's brilliant.  Worth buying a bottle of Lock-tite just to get the cap.
Seems like someone with a lathe and some delrin could fab up something pretty easily.
Thanks for posting that...extremely useful trick.
-Paul

cryptoad:
Very resourceful!  I have a bottle of locktite and will save it for such an occasion!

Nod:
That is fantastic !!  It should be made a "Sticky".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version