GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Open Class Field Target

Why not....

(1/2) > >>

barcabarca:
Today we had a new shooter at our local FT match. She did quite well with a low power 3-9x scope and a QB78 .177 rifle that was our loaner.  She shot a 21/56, having never shot the rifle, or a match before..

This led many of us in the springer group  to a discussion...Why couldn't we shoot FT with our Diana 34's?   We were all experienced FT campaigners and all pretty much agreed: none of us could "outshoot" our current rifles; TX200's, R9's, R11's, etc... and all of us had purchased many different springers in an effort to find "the right one"  and all of had an experience with a Diana 34 that was "exceptionally accurate" in our airgun histories.    Aside from the t-05 vs Rekord trigger debate, we agreed that with good glass, ( Bushnell, Hawke, etc..) There is no reason why we couldn't conceive of taking to the National's next year with a Diana 34.... with thousands of pellets downrange before hand. 

I am thinking that this might be a "fun" idea...  :o   Why not the Diana 34?? In 2014??

SciGuy:
If I remember right, a Chinese R9 clone won the hunter division a few years ago.  No reason an accurate 34 couldn't do very well.

barcabarca:
I will keep y'all posted.  This sounds like a fun challenge for 2014...

Dockey 454:
The to5 can be made into a great trigger with the addition of the second screw. I used a screw from my factory TX trigger. s10gto showed me how to do it.
Tom

barcabarca:
Dockey,

What size screw?  How did you drill/tap and make sure the angle was correct?  Thanks.  for the info.  That seems much more reasonable than buying a new t06 piston/trigger block.. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version