GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Air gun Entertainment and reviews > Hajimoto Productions

Umarex Gauntlet Air Gauge

(1/1)

longislandhunter:
The other day I removed my .177 Gauntlet from the gun safe and noticed the air gauge was at zero "0".  I attempted to air it up only to hear that wonderful sound of air rapidly escaping from somewhere.  Long story short....... I found that the air gauge was leaking.  I removed it, took off what was left of the factory installed sealing tape, installed new sealant tape and screwed the gauge back in.  I filled it to 3000 psi and it appears to be holding air just fine now.   But here's my question..... when I removed the gauge there was no 0-ring under the gauge, it had been installed with just the sealing tape.   Is there supposed to be an 0-ring under the gauge?   

Thanks. 

Jeff

Hajimoto:

--- Quote from: longislandhunter on December 03, 2022, 05:31:46 PM ---The other day I removed my .177 Gauntlet from the gun safe and noticed the air gauge was at zero "0".  I attempted to air it up only to hear that wonderful sound of air rapidly escaping from somewhere.  Long story short....... I found that the air gauge was leaking.  I removed it, took off what was left of the factory installed sealing tape, installed new sealant tape and screwed the gauge back in.  I filled it to 3000 psi and it appears to be holding air just fine now.   But here's my question..... when I removed the gauge there was no 0-ring under the gauge, it had been installed with just the sealing tape.   Is there supposed to be an 0-ring under the gauge?   

Thanks. 

Jeff

--- End quote ---

Gauntlets are made with two different types of Regulators. One is made in the US by Ninja Paintball and the other is a Taiwan made regulator.
The Ninja from that era is a tapered pipe thread and does not require and o-ring or PTFE gasket the other is proprietary and may have/require it.

THE TOP IS TAIWAN AND THE BOTTOM IS NINJA

Regards,

longislandhunter:
Mine is identical to the top tank in the picture you posted.   Thank you very much for the quick response and information, I really appreciate it.   I'll just leave it the way I have it now and see if it continues to hold air.   

After I re-installed the gauge it seems to now be stuck on zero, but I know it's full and holding air from the gauge on my compressor.   If the gauge doesn't start working I guess I'll eventually install a new one. 

Thanks again for the info  :)

Jeff

Madd Hatter:
You might have gotten some of the tfe tape over the hole that sense the air pressure.

longislandhunter:
I never thought of that.  Thanks, I'll check.  :)

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version