GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Barrel Porting

(1/5) > >>

YEMX:
Maybe a weird idea, but it's not new...

I'd like to drill ports along the length of my barrel, but was wondering how to debur the inside of the barrel without ruining the rifling?  Is it even possible? 

OTmachine:
What about Chem-milling to remove the burrs?

Motorhead:
Such as MAGNA-PORTING ?

Those get done via EDM and leave to burr, just the shape of port/s electrically eroded threw the steel.

HunterWhite:
I considered this last year. I had decided to drill ports the last two inches at the muzzle.  My plan was to fill the last three or four inches with cerrosafe / cerrometal to minimize burrs. After drilling the ports simply hold the barrel in 200° oil to melt the cerrometal.
The ports would only be drilled in the lands so that it would be easier to polish the area to be ported.
I had other things going on at that time so I never tried it.
What do you think?

Hunter

sb327:

--- Quote from: OTmachine on October 09, 2022, 06:45:08 PM ---What about Chem-milling to remove the burrs?

--- End quote ---

I’ve considered something like this. I need to study on what kind of mask and etchant would be effective. I thought of only using it for removing the burr after machining the port.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version