GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Anyone know of plans to machine your own HPA compressor?

(1/7) > >>

WobblyHand:
I know I can buy a compressor.  An off the shelf compressor (at the cost I can afford) doesn't have the capacity {SCFM) I would like. 

Does anyone know of a set of drawings for DIY machining a high pressure air compressor with higher SCFM?  Curious if such a thing exists.

It would be better if it could supply some decent SCFM, rather than just barely filling one's PCP.  Actually, if it was lowish SCFM, I would use it for that, but I have a different idea for the compressed air.  Anyways, don't tell me it is hard, or non trivial, because I understand that going in.  It would probably take a year to build, that's ok.  I have a small mill and a 10x22 lathe. If you have some leads, or ideas that I could look at, I'd appreciate it.  Even if the leads convince me my idea is nuts. 

You know how you get a odd idea in your head, and it won't let go?  Not telling you the idea just yet, because you all would laugh (I think).  Thanks for humoring me.

Rob M:
were it me , Id copy a shoebox and double the cylinders ( 2 low side 2 high side ) .. Yes, still a slow compressor , but over the years the shoebox has proven to be the most reliable of designs.

Madd Hatter:

--- Quote from: Rob M on September 23, 2022, 07:58:37 PM ---were it me , Id copy a shoebox and double the cylinders ( 2 low side 2 high side ) .. Yes, still a slow compressor , but over the years the shoebox has proven to be the most reliable of designs.

--- End quote ---
+1 My f10 shoebox has never given me any problems over the 3 1/2 years I've owned it except blowing a fuse which was my fault.

sb327:
Scaling up a shoebox is all I’m aware that would be a good starting point. Of course feeding it with a home shop compressor for a first stage.

Dave

Wayne52:
I've had my F10 for four years in October this year and it's still running just like new.  When I first got it the low pressure cylinder was cocked from shipment and I had to replace the o rings in that cylinder but not the high pressure one.
I haven't replaced anything on it since, still the same set of o rings since then.  Yes they are a very reliable compressor for sure, after all if they weren't NASA would'nt be using them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version