Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: My new Model 35  (Read 131 times))

Offline birdmove

• Expert
  • yes
My new Model 35
« on: June 27, 2022, 11:55:39 PM »
    After reading threads here about the Daisy Model 35, I decided to give this model another try. Got a black one from Amazon. I have tried a small selection of pellets and bbs in it. I really like the gun. The trigger is way nicer than the one I had years ago. I stuck a 4x32 AO Leapers scope on it and sighted it in with pellets. So far, I have an unlikely winner. That is the Gamo Match flat nose wadcuter. I'm shooting the smooth bore at 7 yards, as that is he distance I pick off rats in our chicken coop at night. I am pumping it 6 times, and it is making more power than my Remington Airmaster 77, which is a 2100 Crosman, also with a metal receiver. A makes at 8 pumps.
    I tried some bbs today, also at 6 pumps, without any promising results. I have not tried the top of the line Daisy bbs yet, and have only tried 6 pumps.
    Easy to pump the short stroke, nice trigger, very nice accuracy, goof power. What I REALLY appreciate is, with this gun and scope, I finish a shooting session tight on target, and the next time I pick this gun up, the thing is still slamming those Gamo pellets dead on, right where I left off. So many of my airguns, I have to do some fine tuning to get the poi back to dead center every time I o to shoot them.
    I have not given up on bbs, and will try again and vary the number of pumps. I also have not tried the 35 as a 3 bb shotgun. But for now, money well spent.
  • Keaau, Hawaii
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Crosman F4, Phantom, 1377, 1322,  Custom Shop 2400KT, 2240, C11, CO2 revolver, Hatsan Alpha, Daisy Winchester 1100S, Daisy Red Ryder, Daisy Buck, Daisy 880,

Offline EdinGa

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: My new Model 35
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 12:20:47 AM »
    After reading threads here about the Daisy Model 35, I decided to give this model another try. Got a black one from Amazon. I have tried a small selection of pellets and bbs in it. I really like the gun. The trigger is way nicer than the one I had years ago. I stuck a 4x32 AO Leapers scope on it and sighted it in with pellets. So far, I have an unlikely winner. That is the Gamo Match flat nose wadcuter. I'm shooting the smooth bore at 7 yards, as that is he distance I pick off rats in our chicken coop at night. I am pumping it 6 times, and it is making more power than my Remington Airmaster 77, which is a 2100 Crosman, also with a metal receiver. A makes at 8 pumps.
    I tried some bbs today, also at 6 pumps, without any promising results. I have not tried the top of the line Daisy bbs yet, and have only tried 6 pumps.
    Easy to pump the short stroke, nice trigger, very nice accuracy, goof power. What I REALLY appreciate is, with this gun and scope, I finish a shooting session tight on target, and the next time I pick this gun up, the thing is still slamming those Gamo pellets dead on, right where I left off. So many of my airguns, I have to do some fine tuning to get the poi back to dead center every time I o to shoot them.
    I have not given up on bbs, and will try again and vary the number of pumps. I also have not tried the 35 as a 3 bb shotgun. But for now, money well spent.

I'm glad it's working out for you. I only shoot BBs between 1 and 3 pumps. The Daisy Precision Max from Walmart work great for me.
  • Gray, Ga