GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Share Your Simple Home Projects (TRICKS-N-TIPS)

Built Two Target Frames today

(1/2) > >>

ThomasT:
Hello everyone,

I just completed building two Extra Strong Target Frames for my 25-yard and 50-yard range. The “A-frame” is made out of 1" x 1/8" wall steel square tube and the backing plate is a 2-foot square by 1/8-inch thick steel plate. The main “Target” area is in the center of the steel plate and framed on three sides with 2 x 4 wood which will deflect any stray lead and still allow for any pellet material to fall to the ground. This wood framed opening will allow a layer of cardboard to be stapled in place and then the Paper Target taped on the front. I made two “J” shaped hangers and welded them at the top of the steel backing plate so I can easily remove the backing plate for portability and also bring them indoors out of the weather. I designed this so that the center of the Paper Targets will be 42-inches above ground level and with a bare minium of required maintenance.

Be safe and have a great day,
ThomasT

Tater:
Moved to the Simple Home Projects gate. Nice looking targets Thomas.

Yogi:
You need something on the bottom to catch the lead.
They sure look robust and rugged. ;)

When they are all set up, how much do they weigh?

-Y

ThomasT:

--- Quote from: Yogi on September 25, 2022, 03:09:18 PM ---You need something on the bottom to catch the lead.
They sure look robust and rugged. ;)

When they are all set up, how much do they weigh?

-Y

--- End quote ---

Hello,
I left the bottom open to alloy the lead to fall to the ground.
The "H" Frame alone weights about 18 pounds
The Backing Plate weights 24 pounds.
When I move the Target, I remove the Backing Plate and simply move the Frame and then move the Backing Plate. Nothing to it, very easy.

ThomasT

BanjomanMI76:
Nice Build...
Wished someone could design one for the non-mechanically inclined and those who didn't go to shop/welding school.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version