GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Engineering- Research & Development

016 or 113 O-ring for Piston

(1/2) > >>

Ronno6:
In my idyll musings at 0300, my mind came back around to the thought of making a double O-ring pump piston for Daisy 880 series guns.

Daisy uses the 113 O-ring  (single) from the factory.
If going with a double O-ring setup , should I stay with the 113 or go the smaller cross section 016??

What would be the advantages/disadvantages ??

rsterne:
Double O-rings are a waste of time, machining, and space.... O-rings seal because of the pressure differential across them....

Bob

Rick67:
The 016 seems flimsy as a piston ring.

Incidentally, Duro 70 016 and 113 are the O-rings that I use on my custom Disco and 17xx guns—-well, they are OEM on these guns for gauge blocks, fill ports, and valves.

Ronno6:

--- Quote from: rsterne on January 03, 2022, 03:40:19 PM ---Double O-rings are a waste of time, machining, and space.... O-rings seal because of the pressure differential across them....

Bob

--- End quote ---

Well, that pretty much takes the wind out of my sails.........
Daisy uses a double O-ring piston on the high-performance Winnie 1977
That is what I was using as my model.

Thanks.

Ronno6:

--- Quote from: Rick67 on January 03, 2022, 03:52:46 PM ---The 016 seems flimsy as a piston ring.

Incidentally, Duro 70 016 and 113 are the O-rings that I use on my custom Disco and 17xx guns—-well, they are OEM on these guns for gauge blocks, fill ports, and valves.

--- End quote ---

Thaks.
Those are static applications. The pump piston use is dynamic....
Dunno if that is a factor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version