GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Engineering- Research & Development

Adding target sights

(1/1)

woogie_man:
Hey guys

Say I am looking at yet another 10m, and still kicking myself for selling that Steyr LG-1 that I had.  But thinking about rifles I remembered I have a Daystate MK3 that I am able to adjust the power down really low.  That got me to thinking about how to put some aperture sights on the rifle.  While I have been looking around trying to find something that would work, I came across a picture of a rail epoxied to a carbon tube.  Upon looking at the MK3 after removing the shroud there is a tube over the barrel itself.  With an outer diameter of .50" that leaves a ton of options.  This also led me to find a few muzzle weights that have the dovetails cut into the end.

Is there one that you guys would think would be stronger or more reliable?  Hoping not to go crazy on price for the sights due to the price of a 10m rifle.

Is there any other ideas or thoughts that you guys would have to get this accomplished, or is this a stupid idea? 

DonC:
New England Airguns sells a peep and front sight that you clamp to the existing scope rail. Sights are only 14 inches apart BUT it works for me. I have it mounted on a Daystate CRX. In the basement at 50 feet I am deadly offhand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version