GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

GTA directory > Dealer Area

New! Immersive Optics

<< < (2/8) > >>

bigHUN:
I have the IO 14x50, mounted on my Leshiy2.
From my long years of photography perspective these lenses are prime wide angle glass, bright sharp and crisp, something like a F1.8-2.8 35mm objective.
I am very surprised and pleased for a glass quality packed into that price tag.

Back several months ago when I ordered my Edgun I started researching the specs on a single focus - prizmatic scopes.
My eyes were wide open to a WorldWide and I was searching for anything other then US exports (I got really emotional with the ITAR regulations especially when re-branding the Asian Imports)
The MTC was brought to my attention from a EU airgunner fella, I inquired the scope but do to NATO regulations MTC could not send it to Canada. Along the communications it was also called to my attention the MTC - IO relationship, so this how I ended up with Immersion Optics 14x50 for a half a price shipped by a third party, back in July.

I like the high power scopes (it is really beyond me who or why would people get a scope - any scope, let say 3x or 5x power, but again this is my own opinion only).
I have the Falcon x50 on my Impact, this is my BR rifle for long ranges 100 and beyond, and my Leshiy2 is dedicated for playing silhouettes and timed games up to 60.
Both my airguns are setup for specific target shooting at my gun club, no backyard plinking or hunting with these.

WesBob:
 Nice wide angle on these, for sure! And nice glass.
A tip for guys like me that tend to not read the manual: you need to press and hold the brightness selection button to turn off the illuminated reticle. Just putting at the lowest setting won't turn it off, even if it looks like it in daylight.  :D

subscriber:

--- Quote from: bigHUN on October 23, 2021, 11:22:58 PM ---I like the high power scopes (it is really beyond me who or why would people get a scope - any scope, let say 3x or 5x power, but again this is my own opinion only).

--- End quote ---

I understand your point of view.  After all, if a 20X scope cost the same as a 2X scope, then the 20X scope might seem like a bargain; and the 2X one might seem almost pointless.

However, if your primary reason for using a scope is to help old eyes see even near targets clearly, then even a 1X can make sense.  I like variables that go down to a true 1X for shooting from a standing unsupported position.  If I have full support, then 10X would obviously offer more precision for far away targets.

WesBob:
Hi! Just wanted to let you guys know that the new shipment arrived of Immersive scopes.
https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/immersive-optics/

subscriber:
Wes,

How does the size of the "eye-box" compare between these prismatic scopes and regular ones of similar magnifications and objective size?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version