GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Hunter Class Field Target

16X for Field Target Hunter Class?

<< < (6/6)

uncle paulie:
Got here late to the party.... Here is the mod I did to eliminate the movement of the Gen II trigger stick legs. Used 1/2"-8 machine screws.  Easy to adjust. Works great!

pv

ReedOH:
Paul,

I wish you had posted that picture a couple of weeks ago.  Your modification is a lot simpler than the one that I made.  I had the scrap end of a pressure treated 4"x4" lying around, and used it to cut a couple of shim blocks that I glued into the gap where your machine screw is placed.  It took a little filing to match the bevel at the bottom of the hinge gap.  I roughed up the surface of the plastic with some sandpaper, and glued the block in with medium super glue/cyanoacrylate.  After the glue dried, I painted the outside of the shim blocks with the super glue to seal it from moisture.  The gen 3 sticks that I got are the short model that are about 27.5" tall to the bottom of the fork when they are folded up.  In the shortest configuration the feet open up 15" wide, center to center.  They are a lot more stable to shoot from now.  I did lose the flexibility of adjustment that your mod has.
If I had seen your mod first, I would have gone with it.
Thanks for posting it.

uncle paulie:
If your mod works..... it works! As they say, "There's more than one way to skin a .........rabbit! I will say I was a bit nervous before doing this as I had no idea what I may run into inside the fitting or if it was hollow and would not have any screw retention to speak of.  As it turned out, it is solid.

pv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version