GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Match Rules

How to score these 10M Benchrest targets ???

(1/3) > >>

Relentless Holiday:
I admit it... I'm just not sure how these score.  It seems I may have been doing it wrong b4...at least how I scored this target it is possible to score a 9 on one. Before this I was calling all of the nines shown as an 8.  The Mrs. pointed out that ever 9 scoring the way I'd been would cover the whole 10 spot or break the ring.

Anyone care to plz check how this was scored for me?  I don't want to learn it's not done right by sending one wrong for an actual match.

marty2:
I can't give you an official opinion because I've never shot these targets other than at the GTA off season match that was running last year.
The easiest way I interpret the scoring is to score  the shot to the lowest value ring it touches. To score a 10 you don't have a lot of wiggle room, if  the pellet touches the 9 ring in any way it's scored as a 9.
It really helps having some type of scoring gauge to accurately score these targets.
Hope this helps.

Yng@hrt:
P.O.I. you should be very pleased with the results of that shooting session. That is the toughest of all the bull targets IMO & you did a great job! Trying to get that pellet inside the bull w/o touching the 9 ring seems next to impossible so when it does happen it's quite an accomplishment. Congrats!

Hoosier Daddy:
Does this help?
  Also, to sore an "X" you have to remove every trace of the 10 bull.

Relentless Holiday:

--- Quote from: Yng@hrt on January 20, 2019, 10:44:57 AM ---P.O.I. you should be very pleased with the results of that shooting session. That is the toughest of all the bull targets IMO & you did a great job! Trying to get that pellet inside the bull w/o touching the 9 ring seems next to impossible so when it does happen it's quite an accomplishment. Congrats!

--- End quote ---

Thanks a ton marty. If I remember that was the QB78 w/ leapers 3-9x40(44?).  What a inexpensive lil tack driver that thing is...and the barrel wasn't even fully seasoned.  No other $100 gun I have wowed me like that.

But in my eyes I could do better, so that was good to hear, appreciate it greatly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version