GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Show Off Your Air Guns With Mods (SHOW and TELL)

.32 cal MRod work

(1/5) > >>

Privateer:
Thanks to Lloyd-ss and Rocker1 I'm doing my first custom one off build.
Now Lloyd sent me a hulk of a .32 barrel! I'm talking you could beat Superman to death with this thing!
Rocker1? Well he sold me a really nice lathe with some cool stuff to go with it!
1st thing I needed to do was take some metal off the barrel. Some metal don't even come close to what has to go!
That would be like saying I need to remove some stuff to make a BattleShip into a row boat!
I did take a few pics that I'll up load later but I have an old friend coming over to give me some advice on what to do as I'm out of practice with lathes.

Privateer:
Need to take a few parts for the lathe in to town and get some stuff.
Barrel wobbles a bit as is so need to correct for that.
Not that I'm worried about what it looks like. I want it heavy and have no plans to try to quite it down.
I actually want it kind of ugly.
 ;D

Wayne52:
Jeff I'm sure that when you're done with this gun it'll be way cool, can't wait to see the finished product 8)

Privateer:
You can see what the breech end looked like to start.

And what I'm still cutting it down to.

I need to get a consistent diameter so it passes through the lathe for further work.
Down fall of a small lathe I guess. Rocker is lucky he suckered me into this lathe before he shoots me!
 ;D

shorty:
Same Lathe I have. I did a .357 barrel just like this. It took so long (couple nights) to get it to .505". Told myself I will never do that again. Good luck and can't wait to see the results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version