GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Hunter Class Field Target

New budget rifle options for 2018

<< < (2/3) > >>

c_m_shooter:
Mauraders are as good as anything. A single shot tray is a good idea to avoid messing with magazines. Many local guys know how to work on them if you have problems.

I started with a Discovery and no longer use it.  It has many issues out of the box and will turn into a science project. Maximus is basically the same gun.  The Fortitude took so long to get to market I had cancelled my preorder and moved on.  Still haven't seen one.

The Gamo Urban is basically the same as my BSA Scorpion but with a plastic trigger.  Plenty accurate but the low shot count can be distracting during a match.  It is loud and you will get flak for that.

HunterWhite:
Thanks Cliff for the input on the Maximus, I almost clicked on one a dozen times in the past week.
I may just mod my 25 caliber SynRod, it's a shame because I like it just the way it is.

It's too bad that the event for Saturday, December 14 was canceled. I was fully prepared to extract as much information as possible.  Maybe I will have a pea shooter in time for the next one.

Hunter

c_m_shooter:
You are better off shooting someone else's well set up rifle the first time.  You will actually knock down some targets and have a better idea how to set yours up.  Most of us who shot our own guns the first match only knocked down a handful of targets.  Guests who shoot borrowed rifles do much better.

JBinCO:
That is GREAT ADVICE!
I shot an 18 out of 50 twice over two days!.....with my first time set up....still tons of fun and at least my improved scores this spring will be something to be proud of LOL

HunterWhite:

--- Quote from: c_m_shooter on December 13, 2019, 10:30:14 AM ---You are better off shooting someone else's well set up rifle the first time.  You will actually knock down some targets and have a better idea how to set yours up.  Most of us who shot our own guns the first match only knocked down a handful of targets.  Guests who shoot borrowed rifles do much better.

--- End quote ---

I don't expect to hit the target, I just hope that I don't get the contest shut down!
😅😁😉🤗😎

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version