GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Field Target Gates

ASC FT Match Notices and Results

(1/19) > >>

Cloud 9:
See info about all ASC Field Target Matches here

Cloud 9:
We held the monthly FT match at Arlington Sportsman’s Club yesterday in almost summertime conditions. The weather was overcast, very humid, with South winds 5-15mph, and a high of 88F. We had only 12 shooters on this Memorial Day weekend for the 28 target/56 shot rifle match. I changed the format this month as a test for the upcoming Republic of Texas Grand Prix match on September 23&24 by having only 2 targets per lane and using all of our 3D archery lanes in the woods. I intended to reduce the Troyer rating this month, but when accounting for wind and darkness, the average Troyer was 30 (SD 6.2). It turns out that the toughest shot was from our 12 foot elevated tower that places the shooters up in the wind; consequently I got the most complaints about the difficulty of that lane. Only 5 shooters knocked over the close target, and only 1(!) knocked over the far one. This is the only place we have that allows shooting down at any of the North Texas clubs. I think I’ll definitely keep the standing tower lane for the RoT!! (Evil MD laugh…) I continued my strategy of placing targets in natural surroundings, so I placed a few of the targets near the edges of the lanes and in places that forced shooters to shoot through openings in the underbrush. Early arrivals David Carlile and Terry Vanpool helped run the strings and setup the sight-in lanes. Thanks for the help guys. The only target issue was the tree-mounted gray koala that was DIFFICULT to reset, but fell properly when hit. After Terry and I educated the guys how to pull the string properly so it would reset, there were no other complaints. Noted for maintenance before the next match. BTW, I moved the koala for this match, but didn’t paint him hot pink as was suggested by some. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting my new-to-me Whiscombe JW50, even though I switched pellets the day before away from my tried and true H&N FTT’s. With the new pellets I had to hold 1 mil-dot high for all targets since I didn’t have time to re-zero or make a new dope chart, but they grouped MUCH better at 45+ yards. Woohoo! At the end of the match, we turned in our scorecards and tallied the scores. Paul Walker and Terry Vanpool posted the match high score of 50/56 in Hunter PCP; Paul was announced the winner after a brief discussion between the two of them. First place in Hunter Piston was David Carlile with 35/56, and first place in WFTF was Jeff Cloud with 39/56 (tie breaker based on forced position lanes). View the full list of all competitors’ scores and equipment below. Thanks to everyone who helped takedown the course after the match. The ASC club will host our next regular monthly match on June 24. Come on out and bring some friends!

Cloud 9:
Good morning everyone, I wanted to let you know about the next FT match at ASC for 2017. The match will be Saturday, June 24.  It will be a 56 shot match with targets on 10 lanes in the woods placed from 10-55 yards.
Gates will open at 7:45 for sight in and sign up.
Safety meeting at 8:45 Rifle match to start at 9:00.  All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes.
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection.  We don't have extras so remember to bring your own.
We will have free bottled water to keep you hydrated.
Members $5, non-Members $10
Please let me and Chris know if you plan to attend
Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road 525, Mansfield, TX 76063

See ya there and happy shooting!
Jeff Cloud
jeff DASH cloud AT utexas DOT edu
eight one seven-360-0611

Cloud 9:
Good evening everyone,
I wanted to let you know about the next FT match at ASC for 2017. The match will be Saturday, July 22. It will be a 56 shot match with targets on 10 lanes in the woods placed from 10-55 yards. Gates will open at 7:45 for sight in and sign up. Safety meeting at 8:45 Rifle match to start at 9:00. All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes. Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own. We will have free bottled water to keep you hydrated.
Members $5, non-Members $10
Please let me know if you plan to attend
Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road 525 (Lillian Rd), Mansfield, TX 76063 See ya there and happy shooting!
Jeff Cloud
jeff DASH cloud AT utexas DOT edu
eight one seven-360-0611

c_m_shooter:
Someone needs to remind Jentry that .22 is supposed to be a handicap in this game and springers are supposed to shoot half the score of PCPs. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version