PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles

Author Topic: Freezer clean-out  (Read 2144 times))

Offline Missed-Em

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Freezer clean-out
« on: June 01, 2018, 07:45:42 PM »
The frig was acting up so pulled all the "stuff" out of the freezer so Mr. Fixer could work on it.  Found 7 or 8 bags of last years squirrels so I set them aside to thaw.  This afternoon I pulled the thawed squacks out, dusted with Weber Kicken Chicken and put it in the pressure cooker.  One cup water and 1/4 cup beer (found buried against back wall of frig - born date 2013!) and cooked for 12 minutes.  Had to try one and - alright! 

Fried up 8 or 9 pieces and guess what?  I'll do it again!  Remainder bagged and in the freezer for lunch spread or more frying. Next time maybe I'll have the ingredients for Limb Chicken a la Crow Feather but till then this will do.
  • SW Missouri
Old man, my ^&*

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Freezer clean-out
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 09:32:33 PM »
Yeah, buddy! 

SWMBO pulled the last of ours out a couple weeks ago and we had a nice meal.

Need more skwerill.....

I thought about getting an out of state license for Missouri.  ;D
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

Online lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »
I guess that one of these days, I'm gonna have to break down and try shooting (and cooking) one!
  • USA, TX, DFW
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -anonymous

Offline wolverine

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 10:28:00 PM »
every weekend i say i'm going to do the same and i get called into work. 

i still have 9 squirrels and 5 rabbits from last season.

on a somewhat like note,  some years back i decided to expand my wood shop in the basement and needed to do some wiring.  i shut off the breakers and forgot to switch them back on.  3 days later while in the storage room i open the deep freeze and...thaw!

inside and starting to thaw was a processed deer, 28 quail, about a dozen pheasants, about half a dozen squirrels, some rabbits, and over 60 pounds of lake trout, crappie, and bluegill.

we called all our family and friends and asked if they would want some game that had to be consumed soon.

trucks and vehicles pulled up to our house and i ran out boxes of meat to all of them. 

neighbors came over and we had a huge cook out.

nothing went to waste, but i had to start all over filling the freezer.
  • U.S.A.  North Carolina,  Oriental
Crosman 2240
Crosman 2260 (lefthanded)-Mountain Air tuned / UTG 4x32 AO
.22 Benjamin NP2 / Centerpoint 3-9x40 AO
.22 Brocock Contour S6 / Discovery VT-2 8x44 SF
.177 Custom Shop 2400KT "Avian Assassin" / BSA Red Dot
.177 HW30s Deluxe / Motorhead tuned / Hammers 3-9x32 AO
.22 Daystate Huntsman Regal XL  (lefthanded) / Barra FT 3-15x50 SF
.177 HW100 BP-K (lefthanded) / Arken SH4 4-14x44 FFP
.177 Benjamin 397 / Williams peep sight
Daisy Red Ryder (who doesn't own one?)

Offline only1harry

• One of the original 3 GTA Musketeers (per Gene Curtis)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! (come and get them)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 12:09:09 AM »
Sounds tasty.  Enjoy the meals!

BTW, moved your thread to the Hunting child gate:  Wild Game Preparation.

Harry
  • Hudson Valley, NY
Pro-tuned guns:

AF Condor .25 #1,  Condor .25 #2
Condor .22,  Marauder .25,  Disco .22 camo
RWS Diana 350 .22,  RWS Diana 48 .22,
RWS 34K .20 Premium #17 of 30 custom built by Diana
RWS Diana 36 .177  (Gene & Bob tuned)

Factory stock & home tuned:

Gauntlet .22,  Disco .22 #2,
Fortitude .22, Prod .22
RWS 350 .177,  RWS 5G .177
Hammerli 850 .22,  Crosman 2240KT
Remington NPSS .22, Umarex M&P 45
Crosman 66,  Crosman 760, Beeman P17
Crosman Air17,  Crosman 38T
Several other Umarex & Crosman CO2 pistols

Offline Missed-Em

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
Yeah, buddy! 

SWMBO pulled the last of ours out a couple weeks ago and we had a nice meal.

Need more skwerill.....

I thought about getting an out of state license for Missouri.  ;D

Yep, Missouri non-res isn't too bad, think it was $85 for small game.  Turkey and deer get real expensive thou.   Long drive fr a one day hunt but lots of camping opportunities.
  • SW Missouri
Old man, my ^&*