Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Krale has HW77 HW77K HW97K in stock again HW77K is $521 delivered to NOLA  (Read 696 times))

Offline phoebeisis

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
I have been eyeballing Krale stock of underlever HW-77 77k 97 97k

2 months  or so ago they were in stock-but I dawdled-probably waiting for a more favorable EURO DOLLAR rate-went out of stock

4 years ago I bought a HW97K-but I just did not like it as much as I did my Diana 460(both in 22)-

Nothing bad about it-but the 460 just "looked more right" and pointed more naturally for standing freehand shooting-so I sold it

But always regreted it a bit-

$521 went to the Netherlands last night- $461 for HW77K and about $60 shipping

Currently they have both .177  .22 in most  underlever styles-and even .25 in the 97k I think

Charlie

PS 4 years ago it took just 5 actual days to arrive-to NOLA-actually 4 days 20 hrs-amazing

• river ridge LOUISIANA  new orleans suburb

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor
Yep.  I sent money to Krale for an HW30S and 10 tins of .177 JSB pellets last night as well. 
  • Pineywoods of east Texas
Gittin' old beats not gittin' old!

On the map!

Offline ER00z

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
A laminated HW97K (.22) is in route to the states also ;D

• USA, NY, Wolcott

Offline Struckat

• Sharp Shooter
  • The red dog is always watching
Do the current 97s have threaded barrels?
  • In the basement, Illinois
1377, 1986

Offline ER00z

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes

Not a threaded barrel that I know of, BUT there's an end cap on the air stripper that can be unscrewed via Allen wrench and a moderator can be screwed in. That's for the HW97's only, I believe.

*EDIT* There's also a 1/2" UNF adapter that can be bought that screws into the factory air stripper.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:05:21 PM by ER00z »
  • USA, NY, Wolcott

Offline Bayman

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes

Not a threaded barrel that I know of, BUT there's an end cap on the air stripper that can be unscrewed via Allen wrench and a moderator can be screwed in. That's for the HW97's only, I believe.

*EDIT* There's also a 1/2" UNF adapter that can be bought that screws into the factory air stripper.
This is correct. Fwiw the 97 "air stripper" does actually quiet the gun a bit. Without its as loud as a Hw95 with it, it's quieter than a Hw50. At least in 177 on my guns.
  • USA,  NY
Hw30- .177- Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw30 Laminate- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO. 
Hw50- .177- Vortek PG3, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
Hw50- .22 - Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw95- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40
Hw97SE (Green 77 Laminate stock)-.177 Vortek PG3, Hawke 4-12x40 Airmax
P1- 0.20 now .177

Online Cslinger

• Marksman
  • yes
I canít speak to the HW50 but I can definitely say the HW97s are fairly quiet for the power.   My 97s are fairly old so I have no idea if their have been changes between now and 5 or 10 years ago.

Offline Struckat

• Sharp Shooter
Tempting, but I think the extra weight of the blue lam would only aid my wifeís efforts at damaging my skull.

I must wait. Next major purchase will be pellets.
1377, 1986

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor
Yep.  I sent money to Krale for an HW30S and 10 tins of .177 JSB pellets last night as well.

I have a Tracking Number! 

On the map!

Offline Struckat

• Sharp Shooter
Greg, is that #4 HW30?
1377, 1986

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor
Greg, is that #4 HW30?

If one counts the R7, yes.  I'm getting older and more fond of my 50 & 30S' each passing day.  I mowed today, tomorrow I must clean the truck and will then start shooting FWB Sport.

On the map!

Offline Struckat

• Sharp Shooter
I havenít shot for the last week, but I just put 40 or so through the 95 from the table and 20 or so off hand with the 30. These two do everything I need, which makes it hard to figure what the next one will be. A 50 makes the most sense for my next.

The end goal is two scoped and two with peeps. I enjoy my 95 22 with peeps as much or more than scoped. That opens the door for a heavier 22 to put under the scope.

The 50 would be the scoped 177. Maybe by fall I will add one more.
1377, 1986

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor

She has arrived this date from Krale, both rifle and pellets, very securely packaged.  What amazes me is that I'm hitting my 25 & 30 yard spinner spoons, with open sights, right out of the box before cleaning or anything.  Amazing, I tell you, flat out amazing!

On the map!

Online Cslinger

• Marksman
  • yes

She has arrived this date from Krale, both rifle and pellets, very securely packaged.  What amazes me is that I'm hitting my 25 & 30 yard spinner spoons, with open sights, right out of the box before cleaning or anything.  Amazing, I tell you, flat out amazing!

Not discounting your skill but what is amazing is that is just a regular HW30......they all just plain shoot.  There is something zen like about them.

Enjoy it.
Chris

Offline phoebeisis

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Amazing

5 days-actual calendar days-and it is here-and shooting! To TX Old Gringo Greg and to South Louisiana-me  AMAZING!

5000 miles and an ocean-5 days!

GOOD THING it was double boxed-there was a tear rip completely through the outer box-and part way into the inner box

Not sure exactly why I did not like the HW97K-maybe the no open sights-meaning it HAD to weigh almost 11 lbs(the HW77K is a tiny bit under 9lbs-I have a good scale/balance

The sound suppressing device on the 97K made it "look funny" and requiring a scope meant it was HEAVY for standing freehand shooting-so I never warmed up to it

The 77 shoots dead on right out of the box

The trigger-as set at factory is perfect for me-not as twitchy as the TX 200 was on arrival

Glad I dumped the 97K-had no love for that rifle-this rifle agrees with me-like the Diana 460 agrees with me-

The TX 200 is sooooo pretty I forgive it its Brit QC-(shooting itself loose -and arriving with the pin that holds the cocking levers 8mm short of fully driven in-so cocking lever was cockeyed)

but soooo pretty-bluing and walnut-I forgive it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:07:34 PM by phoebeisis »
  • river ridge LOUISIANA  new orleans suburb

Offline Struckat

• Sharp Shooter
I waver from day to day. One day itís a HW50 and the next itís a 97k. I shooting my 95 .22 as much as my 30 with open sights. The extra wight of the 97 wouldnít bother me as it would always be rested when shooting.

And then another 30 wouldnít be bad either. But the money will most likely go to a root canal....Dream on, with opioids.
1377, 1986

Offline Alphonse

• Shooter
  • yes
I am in the market for a HW97K and have looked at Krale.  Looks like you add $60 to the price for shipping.  It also appears they are quick to ship.

Looks like ordering from Krale gives you a savings of $45 to $100 over the buying here in the US.  This assumes that are available from the US suppliers.

I am concerned about the risk of damage in an international shipment.  Is this risk worth the savings?   
  • LA (Lower Alabama)
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you haven't done before!

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor
I am in the market for a HW97K and have looked at Krale.  Looks like you add Hi$60 to the price for shipping.  It also appears they are quick to ship.

Looks like ordering from Krale gives you a savings of $45 to $100 over the buying here in the US.  This assumes that are available from the US suppliers.

I am concerned about the risk of damage in an international shipment.  Is this risk worth the savings?

I've purchased 6 air rifles from Krale over time.  They have all arrived safely and in a very timely manner.  While you're at it, you might also want to add a bunch of pellets in the same box as the rifle at the same shipping charge.

On the map!

Offline Obankenobi

• Shooter
  • yes
Oh man, I didn't need to see this.  I don't *need* any more but the prices and ease of ordering from Krale....   its the old N+1 syndrome
  • Santa Rosa California
RX1 .20 | R1 .22 | HW98 .177 | R10 .22 | HW85 .177 | '72 Sheridan Blue Streak

Offline Bayman

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
I am in the market for a HW97K and have looked at Krale.  Looks like you add Hi$60 to the price for shipping.  It also appears they are quick to ship.

I've purchased 6 air rifles from Krale over time.  They have all arrived safely and in a very timely manner.  While you're at it, you might also want to add a bunch of pellets in the same box as the rifle at the same shipping charge.
Yeah this! Three rifles all arrived in TWO DAYS! The only issue I had with ordering from them was my credit card company flagged it with a fraud alert and I had to verify with them it was legit. This is self inflicted became I have tightened security on my credit because my identity was stolen back in December.
  • USA,  NY
Hw30- .177- Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw30 Laminate- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO. 
Hw50- .177- Vortek PG3, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
Hw50- .22 - Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw95- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40
Hw97SE (Green 77 Laminate stock)-.177 Vortek PG3, Hawke 4-12x40 Airmax
P1- 0.20 now .177