Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Weihrauch air rifles, are they that good?  (Read 5250 times))

Offline ER00z

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: Weihrauch air rifles, are they that good?
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2021, 10:39:44 PM »
What gun was that???

Lizzie, I do think they're magnums. Plenty of power anyways  ;D

Well, I done did it. The biggest issue I have is weather here in NY state. We get like 3 weeks of good weather a year, lol. Maybe a few more, but you get the point. I watched a few more reviews while having a night cap, and figured why not. It might not be a shiny thing, lol, but a nice thing.
  • USA, NY, Wolcott

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2021, 10:44:05 PM »
What gun was that???

Lizzie, I do think they're magnums. Plenty of power anyways  ;D

True! Plenty of Power!

Good point! They just don't have the same velocity as what I usually consider a "magum" gun.
  • USA, TX, DFW
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -anonymous

Offline Cslinger

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2021, 11:13:03 PM »
Have you ever seen one of those fire. The ROF is mind boggling. Just like quick brrrp. I managed to come across a bunch of APG videos some years back.   The action is wicked cool in almost steampunk way with that whole rotating / wind up chamber.

Neat gun. Far too complex a mechanism and far to fragile of ammo but wicked cool. Also Iím not sure any case less ammo firearm has adequately worked out a way to manage the heat. That is one of the benefits of the ejecting case it sheds some heat with it. 

Back to the question at hand. I am in the laminate camp. I just really like laminate colored wood stocks for no practical reason then........well again oooo shiny ....... monkey brain. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:16:47 PM by Cslinger »

Offline Cslinger

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2021, 11:19:30 PM »
. What gun was that??? 

Sorry just saw this.  Itís an HK G11.  Itís got one mag loaded and neither of the spares shown/locked into place. 

Offline ER00z

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2021, 02:24:53 AM »
I may have ended up with more than one Weihrauch.  :o

Synthetic HW97KT .177
Blue Laminated HW97k .22

Now the waiting game...
  • USA, NY, Wolcott

Offline Cslinger

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2021, 10:40:58 AM »
See you did it exactly the proper way. You got the model you really wanted, but you got a radically different model in a different caliber in order to widen your experience the most.  Seems to me you couldnít have done better.

In case your wife is like mine she may be throwing words around like Buddd. Jet or something to that effect sounds made up so I just ignore it.  :)

Take care, shoot them in good health.

Offline ER00z

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2021, 03:23:15 PM »
I have to say WOW, Weihrauch guns are that good. Lol.

My first HW97K came in, the .22 in Blue laminated stock. Did a barrel cleaning, didn't have a big enough Allen key for the "air stripper", so used a straw to draw my bore whips and patches  through.

This gun has a tight bore!!!, lol. One worrie gone. Using CPHP 14.3's, I shot two groups at an honest 25 yards (26.3 via laser range finder). The first was initial sight in and second was 10 shots, which shifted as the bore "seasoned".
  • USA, NY, Wolcott

Offline Cslinger

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2021, 03:48:04 PM »
Awesome. Glad you are happy. Sometimes there is that worry when you recommend a ďrestaurantĒ that has always been great for you and your friends but then the person recommended has the worst experience ever.

Very happy you both got what you wanted and it seems as if it will live up to the hype.  Hella good shooting straight out of the box. :)

Take care, shoot safe,
Chris

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2021, 04:54:15 PM »
If you think that's impressive try some H&N FTT's 5.53mm you'll turn that group into 1 hole! ;)
  • Indiana
In the words of my friend OC Bolding he told me if ur gonna Dance with DEVIL you got to wear the shoes!!!!! How true this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54 JUNKYARD AIRGUNS FORUM MEMBER!!!!!
When good men are silent only evil is heard!
Let he who is without SIN cast the first stone!

Beeman R1 carbine .20cal X2
HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

U.K. Webley Tomahawk .22cal
Diana T06 460mag .22cal
Cometa Fenix 400 compact.22cal

Offline nced

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2021, 05:23:34 PM »
A few years ago I had issues with 4.52mm H&N FTTs shot from my .177 R9 which has a "looser bore" than my newer .177 HW95. Well......I ordered 4 tins of 4.52mm FTTs to revisit the pellet for my "tighter bore" HW95. I'm hoping that they work out OK, perhaps as a replacement of the .177 boxed Crosman Premiers that have become "un-obtanium". Where were you able to find 4.53 FTTs because Trenier didn't list that size.
  • USA, North Carolina, Rougemont

Offline ER00z

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2021, 07:04:16 PM »
I have a tin and partial of FTT 5.54& two tins of 5.55 for my loose bore guns. I may try the 5.54's, if too tight I see if 5.53's are available. My .22 stash mainly consists of A.A. 16gr. pellets and CPHP's with a veriety of JSB and H&N. I wish the sniper's were available.

I have 8 tins of H&N FTT 4.52's and a good  assortment of JSB/A.A. 4.52's for the .177 barrels. Most recently found in back of closet was a batch of undersized A.A. 10.3gr. "4.52's".  Haven't seen FTT 4.53's available in a while. I think PA carried them at one point but shows currently unavailable.

Hopefully the synthetic HW97KT I'm awaiting on isn't "over bored". But I'm thankfull the .22 HW97K does have a tight bore, those CPHP's were tight, usually they are just snug to loose in a veriety of my guns.
  • USA, NY, Wolcott

Offline ER00z

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2021, 07:40:59 PM »
After a bit more shooting, some 50 yard spinners for fun I'm truly impresed. This gun is just as accurate as some of my others, but much easier in the loading department and don't have to concentrate as hard. I can shoot longer without getting worn out, a big plus. I did add a 30mm scope that is over magnified, (6-24X50AO) but the Etched glass recticle makes reaching out very easy. Can't wait to find "the pellet" and push this guns limits. Of course it shoots a bit slower than my others, but the benefits in cocking effort and shot cycle out way the fact that there's a bit more drop at distance.

I foresee more HW's in the future, but I'm keeping my Diana's. The HW95 and HW30 are definitely next. Thanks everyone.

Take it easy.
  • USA, NY, Wolcott

Offline lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2021, 07:46:14 PM »
Congrats Zach!.... On a beautiful gun and some great shooting!
  • USA, TX, DFW
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -anonymous

Offline nced

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2021, 08:01:14 PM »
I have a tin and partial of FTT 5.54& two tins of 5.55 for my loose bore guns. I may try the 5.54's, if too tight I see if 5.53's are available. My .22 stash mainly consists of A.A. 16gr. pellets and CPHP's with a veriety of JSB and H&N. I wish the sniper's were available.

I have 8 tins of H&N FTT 4.52's and a good  assortment of JSB/A.A. 4.52's for the .177 barrels. Most recently found in back of closet was a batch of undersized A.A. 10.3gr. "4.52's".  Haven't seen FTT 4.53's available in a while. I think PA carried them at one point but shows currently unavailable.

Hopefully the synthetic HW97KT I'm awaiting on isn't "over bored". But I'm thankfull the .22 HW97K does have a tight bore, those CPHP's were tight, usually they are just snug to loose in a veriety of my guns.

"Hopefully the synthetic HW97KT I'm awaiting on isn't "over bored""
I'm wondering is HW has changed their .177 bore specs. I never had "tight fit issues" with unsized boxed Crosman Premiers with and of their springers until I bought my most recent one, a .177 HW95. With the HW95 loading unsized CPLs into the leade was a "sore loading finger affair" due to the tight fit. I later bought a .177 HW95 barrel from SSSO (a canadian retailer) that was liquidating their stock of HW parts and found that it had a similar "tigher bore" as the barrel that came with my .177 HW95.

Anywhoo.......let us know how the bore of your new HW97TK fits the pellet.
  • USA, North Carolina, Rougemont

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2021, 04:47:23 AM »
Those AA fields 16gn should shoot as well! all my .22cal HW barrels love them! ;)
  • Indiana
In the words of my friend OC Bolding he told me if ur gonna Dance with DEVIL you got to wear the shoes!!!!! How true this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

Diana T06 460mag .22cal

Offline Bayman

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2021, 07:09:49 AM »

I foresee more HW's in the future, but I'm keeping my Diana's. The HW95 and HW30 are definitely next. Thanks everyone.

Take it easy.

Congrats on the new guns. Sounds like you're a happy customer. You won't be any less happy with Hw95 or Hw30. They were my first and second quality airguns respectively. I eventually got a Hw97. They all shoot well but I shoot the Hw30s at least twice as much the others. If you think you're having fun now wait until you get the 30 in hand.
Best wishes and congratulations
Ron
  • USA,  NY
Hw30- .177- Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw30 Laminate- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO. 
Hw50- .177- Vortek PG3, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
Hw50- .22 - Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw95- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40
Hw97SE (Green 77 Laminate stock)-.177 Vortek PG3, Hawke 4-12x40 Airmax
P1- 0.20 now .177

Offline north country gal

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2021, 12:31:38 PM »
I'll second what Ron says. I do tend to be a bit OCD about group size, but my favorite shooting sessions are actually playing with the HW30 and plinking at steel targets. Pure air gun shooting pleasure.
  • Rhinelander, Wi

Offline Yogi

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »
I'll second what Ron says. I do tend to be a bit OCD about group size, but my favorite shooting sessions are actually playing with the HW30 and plinking at steel targets. Pure air gun shooting pleasure.

So that is how you got to such an excellent marksperson!? :D
You once said that buzz/twang does not bother you.  You have concentration powers well beyond mine. :-[
Thanks for sharing your shooting tips. ;)

-Yogi
  • San Francisco, CA
Hatsan 95 Vortex, .22
RWS 6G, .177
RWS LP8 Magnum, .177
Diana 340 N-Tec, .22 Compact Lexus
HW 50S, .177, .20, and .22

Offline Cslinger

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2021, 01:22:44 PM »
. You once said that buzz/twang does not bother you.   

Never really bothered me either.  Just part of the charm of a spring gun.  I mean heck I’ve run AR15s with more buffer spring  “twang” then some airguns.

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2021, 05:11:05 PM »
I hate spring twang! from a springer or an AR, I find ways to get rid of that noise!!! 8)
  • Indiana

HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

Diana T06 460mag .22cal