Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: New HW 80 from AOA  (Read 1965 times))

Offline limbshaker

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: New HW 80 from AOA
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2021, 05:41:23 PM »
Sorry for various reasons I cannot post pics
kindly
ron

Coincidentally enough, the other world class shooter we had here couldn't either, lol
  • Decatur, AL
A few junky old spring powered Weihrauchs, couple of precharged Weihrauchs, a couple beat up old FWBs, a smoothbore Krico, an electric Daystate and an Ataman pistol..And drawers full of pieces of all of the above...

Offline Bayman

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2021, 05:43:24 PM »
Funny I copied and pasted what he sent me on the first page here

And said in that article I linked and said in the video of there hw as well.

Once more

Weihrauch products have a limited lifetime warranty. The first year is bumper to bumper and after that everything is covered but wear parts.

Thank you,
Sales Department
Airguns of Arizona
1970 W Elliot Rd Suite 109
Gilbert, AZ 85233

www.airgunsofarizona.com

Ya buddy,. I don't think there getting my business .   New role for falling apart new in the box , tall tails on there warentee .

Don't look too honest to me right now .   Bad enough mail-order takes your money first on a sight unseen item you put all your trust in to get a honest solid product .  There not looking good right now.
You don't have much choice in selecting a quality airgun. Few places have new models. Pawn shops may have deals on used stuff but you can't really tell what condition the internals are in. Nobody will let you shoot them before buying used or new. Either way it's your choice. Big box store junk that's not worth buying but readily returnable or a gun that's 90% likely to be quality. And if you wind up with the 10% that needs some attention, you'll still wind up with a gun worth having after addressing the hiccups. Please let's not go down this road again! The hundred dollar difference between a Walmart Gamo magnum that can't hit sh^t and a 90% gamble on Weihrauch isn't worth talking about.
  • USA,  NY
Hw30- .177- Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw30 Laminate- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO. 
Hw50- .177- Vortek PG3, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
Hw50- .22 - Vortek PG2, Williams peep sights
Hw95- .177- Vortek PG2, Hawke Airmax 3-9x40
Hw97SE (Green 77 Laminate stock)-.177 Vortek PG3, Hawke 4-12x40 Airmax
P1- 0.20 now .177

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2021, 05:59:12 PM »
Wow my walmart gamo hit good real good.  I even posted it's shots in hw threads   . Just did the other day. And using the gamo packaged scope too boot.

I'm sure like any brand there's good ones and the lemons. They all got them

But you are right about availability.  100% right

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 06:01:54 PM by A moron »
  • Florida (aka lower Alabama) usa

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2021, 06:16:33 PM »
WOW, Deeco! not even in the same solar system, I will agree some of the lower end Manufactures produce a good rifle from time to time? but their nothing to compare to an HW rifle,  ::)
  • Indiana
In the words of my friend OC Bolding he told me if ur gonna Dance with DEVIL you got to wear the shoes!!!!! How true this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54 JUNKYARD AIRGUNS FORUM MEMBER!!!!!
When good men are silent only evil is heard!
Let he who is without SIN cast the first stone!

Beeman R1 carbine .20cal X2
HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

U.K. Webley Tomahawk .22cal
Diana T06 460mag .22cal
Cometa Fenix 400 compact.22cal

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2021, 06:56:52 PM »
WOW, Deeco! not even in the same solar system, I will agree some of the lower end Manufactures produce a good rifle from time to time? but their nothing to compare to an HW rifle,  ::)

Well I was just wondering who needs to come back to earth.

Compair what?  All show and no go ?    So what if a $450 hw can hit at xx yards if a 90 buck gamo is matching it  .

You and most miss the point here.   See I was going to buy this truck for the op got he beat me to it and got the last .22 (look back page 1).

The issue here is AoA.  Sending a rattle yes and I guess missing a screw they had to send him  . 
Then came up there claiming lifetime warranty they brag about in articles and in that video and just 2 days ago assured me in phone and email thanks I copied here that it's all fact

But funny this guy claims he got no paperwork on that with his and I guess called them and was told they did not know what he was talking about on any lifetime warranty.

Now you can see a issue in all this with them then keep buying from them.  Now knowing what's been said here on all that I can't in my right guy mind blindly give them my money, looking at this as a flimflam job.

Would you walk in store open the box and see loose fits and screw missing and gladly hand them your money?  Not me.

But mail order , they got your money first and too bad so sad if it ain't right you now deal with it and them.

Where is any of that good.  It's looks like buyer beware to me now.

Offline jusanothajoe

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2021, 08:42:48 PM »
kindly
ron

Coincidentally enough, the other world class shooter we had here couldn't either, lol
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • Columbiana AL
The Axis powers

Beeman R9  .177
stats - 8 squirrels - 2 crows
Beeman HW97K  .20
stats - 66 squirrels - 6 chippers - 1 crow- 1 starling
HW30 Deluxe .177
stats - 3 squirrel
HW50 .177 (The Alabama Imp)
stats - 20 squirrels - 2 chippers
HW50 .20 (The Alabama Imp Mk2)
stats - 3 squirrel - 1 crow

The Allied Powers

Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .22
stats - 82 squirrels - 15 chippers - 11 crows

The Chi-Comm Powers

XS-60 .22
stats - many, many Carpenter bees

My wife lets me buy all the guns I can hide.

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2021, 07:00:17 AM »
kindly
ron

LOL It's amusing how snarky some folks can be !! But such is life.  Perhaps . LOL never mind.  There is world class and then there is class-less.
sling more lead
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2021, 07:23:06 AM »

Well I was just wondering who needs to come back to earth.

Compair what?  All show and no go ?    So what if a $450 hw can hit at xx yards if a 90 buck gamo is matching it  .

You and most miss the point here.   See I was going to buy this truck for the op got he beat me to it and got the last .22 (look back page 1).

The issue here is AoA.  Sending a rattle yes and I guess missing a screw they had to send him  . 
Then came up there claiming lifetime warranty they brag about in articles and in that video and just 2 days ago assured me in phone and email thanks I copied here that it's all fact

But funny this guy claims he got no paperwork on that with his and I guess called them and was told they did not know what he was talking about on any lifetime warranty.

Now you can see a issue in all this with them then keep buying from them.  Now knowing what's been said here on all that I can't in my right guy mind blindly give them my money, looking at this as a flimflam job.

Would you walk in store open the box and see loose fits and screw missing and gladly hand them your money?  Not me.

But mail order , they got your money first and too bad so sad if it ain't right you now deal with it and them.

Where is any of that good.  It's looks like buyer beware to me now.

There is no free lunch. one gets what one pays for and sometimes less.  HW built a fine rifle.  The  dealer here dropped the ball. It happens all the time.  People have been laying down for so long that being screwed is the norm !
the folks who really got screwed is the maker and the dealer.  The maker got screwed because of the bad pratices of the dealer and the dealer got screwed because of the word will get out... All for a fast buck.  Just how long does it take to prep a rifle ?
We all like our toys but at some point people will get fed up.  There is no point of crying about it but we can be honest and warn others but some can not learn and that just is what it is.
Perhaps that is why I like to buy used and go to pawn shops.. Hands on inspection.  I used to have a stocking Beeman dealer but that was long ago. I loved hanging out in that shop and spent boat loads of money there.  If only we could go back to the good old days which will never happen.  It's all down hill from here folks.  Free stuff has doomed us, cause nothing is free. and if you buy cheap it's on you.  That said we all like a deal
You guys stay well, be blessed and sling more lead and in the right direction.
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline Yogi

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »
Does it bother anybody else here that when I buy stuff from Pyramided Air.  At about the time that the mechanise arrives I receive an email that everything I just bought is 10-20% cheaper now.....and would be even cheaper if I signed up for some BS marketing program. >:(

-Y

PS Don't call me, I'll call you. ;)
  • San Francisco, CA
Hatsan 95 Vortex, .22
RWS 6G, .177
RWS LP8 Magnum, .177
Diana 340 N-Tec, .22 Compact Lexus
HW 50S, .177, .20, and .22

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2021, 10:32:34 AM »
Does it bother anybody else here that when I buy stuff from Pyramided Air.  At about the time that the mechanise arrives I receive an email that everything I just bought is 10-20% cheaper now.....and would be even cheaper if I signed up for some BS marketing program. >:(

-Y

LOL...yep funny how that works...but it is what it is !!
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »
opened a fresh tin of pellets (JSB MATCH DIABOLO/EXACT JUMBO"S) 15.89 grains.  5 shots over the crony
1 727 fps
2 724 fps
3 726 fps
4 727 fps
5 728 fps

Pretty consistant and looks like it likes heavy pellets.
I am pretty happy with it thus far as this thing is not even broke in.
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2021, 03:02:17 PM »

-Y

Lol...  Not from them but like from newegg.   They were good at it too.

Buy now and save..  thanks now you tell me....lol

Ya, dude your hw is looking smooth.    I'll bet it will get better as it settles in .   

Enjoy!

P.s.

Just to add that looks right on spec. Of up to 800 fps weihroch states  at there home site on your model, Good deal ..!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:20:07 PM by A moron »

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2021, 04:37:14 PM »
I agree the stock screws should have been tightened from the factory, but this is also why u need to check them and inspect the rifle before firing it! To me lose stock screws is no big deal! AOA is supposed to test fire all rifles they sell! Unless they have changed their claim of doing so? In any case is should not have arrived to the customer in that state, If I were to blame it on anything it would be COVID19, but still no excuse, I have had a few powder burners in the past yr or show up to my door and the scope rails come lose after 30 shots, and that's never happened before from Savage on any of the rifles I have purchased in my life! My brother had the same issue on his newer rifle from them as well! so its not just air guns suffering from lose screws! :o
  • Indiana
In the words of my friend OC Bolding he told me if ur gonna Dance with DEVIL you got to wear the shoes!!!!! How true this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

Diana T06 460mag .22cal

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2021, 05:14:53 PM »
I'm sure I'm going to be took wrong again, but. How many years has loose screw been going on?  How many threads and posts to tha it's spoken of?

Now it's he year 2021 and it's like they do nothing to resolve it.

Not to brag or bad mouth. But of my games I owned I yt o have to go back and go over there screws outside checking new out of the box.

Thing is if they can figure it out on sub $200 stuff , ya know?

As a tip if you don't want to use locktight. I've used pipe teflon tape.

No strip risk and it seems to help reduce the vibration that causes the screws to back out.  Give it a try can't hurt .

If you want to use star washers use a spot of glue on a thin flat washer on the wood then add the star washer then flat then screw.
Helps prevent the star washer from digging in the wood and works as intended between metal and metal.   

Anyway I wanted to add this hw80 results to show your pellet weight vs there's for a comparison

Your looking spot on to there jbs 15.9's.

https://www.straightshooters.com/ourtake/ourtakehw80.html

Offline Bayman

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2021, 05:42:52 PM »
I'm sure I'm going to be took wrong again, but. How many years has loose screw been going on?  How many threads and posts to tha it's spoken of?

Now it's he year 2021 and it's like they do nothing to resolve it.

Not to brag or bad mouth. But of my games I owned I yt o have to go back and go over there screws outside checking new out of the box.

Thing is if they can figure it out on sub $200 stuff , ya know?

As a tip if you don't want to use locktight. I've used pipe teflon tape.

No strip risk and it seems to help reduce the vibration that causes the screws to back out.  Give it a try can't hurt .

If you want to use star washers use a spot of glue on a thin flat washer on the wood then add the star washer then flat then screw.
Helps prevent the star washer from digging in the wood and works as intended between metal and metal.   

Anyway I wanted to add this hw80 results to show your pellet weight vs there's for a comparison

Your looking spot on to there jbs 15.9's.

https://www.straightshooters.com/ourtake/ourtakehw80.html
Sometimes I just shake my head at the logic here. You don't need to tighten the screws on a Gamo because the stocks are made of cheap uncompressible plastic. Wood stocks on all guns compress and loosen over time. On springers of all brands with wooden stocks it's gonna happen more often. You need to stop running your mouth, because you have no clue. I shoot Hw's because of box store garbage Gamos. Anytime you want to compare groups (in person) of any of my 200-300 dollar 177 Weihrauchs to your Gamos at 50 yds you let me know. I will pay your airfare if you win. Just stop the stupidity. Please!
  • USA,  NY
P1- 0.20 now .177

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2021, 05:49:46 PM »
'On springers of all brands with wooden stocks it's gonna happen more often. You need to stop running your mouth, because you have no clue."

Dude !! Relax !! and do it yesterday !!. Rude people need a lesson or two !!
perhaps three.
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2021, 05:54:35 PM »
You know guy, the higher you put thing up on a pedestal the easier that get knocked off.    Did I not kinda answer to this you said a few posts up?   
 Ya , that's right wood or plastic gamo.  Get over it .  Think why Germany looses wars.   All them great advancements bit could not figure that critical next step .  Like keeping the screws tight....lol

Offline Bayman

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2021, 06:08:16 PM »
'On springers of all brands with wooden stocks it's gonna happen more often. You need to stop running your mouth, because you have no clue."

perhaps three.
kindly
ron
I'm not sure who you're implying needs the lesson. I'm willing to back up my post. I'll pay this guys airfare both ways if he'll shoot a box store Gamo better than my Weihrauchs. If I win he pays me the same amount. Or vise versa I don't care. I will agree rude people need a lesson. This guy is delusional.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:12:51 PM by Bayman »
  • USA,  NY
P1- 0.20 now .177

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »

perhaps three.
kindly
ron
I'm not sure who you're implying needs the lesson. I'm willing to back up my post. I'll pay this guys airfare both ways if he'll shoot a box store Gamo better than my Weihrauchs. If I win he pays me the same amount. Or vise versa I don't care. I will agree rude people need a lesson. This guy is delusional.

Man this is a public place.... you can think that as much as you like but it  may not be the best idea to type it out !!   But your a big boy right ? We are buds here are we not ??
If I am wrong and if this is a playground, buddy you just stepped in.
ron out.
  • usa, florida,

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2021, 07:12:07 PM »
Were all friends here! and I know from first hand experience from starting off with cheap back in the day U.S. made pumpers in the 70's and having Chinese made springers, in the early 90's to buying German made rifle from the 90's theirs no comparison, but I have had fun with all of them! Most of us are not being snobbish to other manufactures its just experience and money spent, to know the difference, I will say I have had a few Gamo's that shot really well, but their not HW made rifles! so if you think ur going to say a Gamo is as good ur just wrong! no where near the quality, yes they cost 3x as much but u get what u pay for 99% of the time! If Gamos were that good we'd be talking about them instead of HW rifles! JMO ;D This is what u get when u bring something other then a German rifle to a German Gate forum! ::)
  • Indiana

HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

Diana T06 460mag .22cal