Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: New HW 80 from AOA  (Read 1964 times))

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New HW 80 from AOA
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 06:17:35 PM »
The only thing I have to say about all this talk is this, If you buy a new rifle? u test fire the rifle! if all is well? U have choices, u either shoot it as is or do like I do, if I'm happy with what I have purchased? I tear it apart clean it all out and tune it! Either with the OEM parts until I'm ready to do it right by putting a good spring kit in it and seals, Either way I know I have voided my warranty and the gun belongs to me at this point, Theirs no sending it back! So if ur not confident in what ur doing and can get the results ur after u need to send the rifle to some one who knows what their doing! I have tuned enough rifles over the yrs to know how to do it right! and yes I have had new rifles out of the box that have broke in some kind of way! with cracked stocks from screws not being tight enough or from piston seals being under sized {ETC} I have also purchased guns new that had out of round compression tubes from HW that do not show their ugly head until u try to tune them beyond their factory power! The list go's on! All I can tell someone is SPIT happens and if ur not knowledgeable of what to look for and how to work over a air rifle then all I can tell u is hope its right out of the box, if not send it back before u touch it! or eat it and be prepared to spend spend some money to make it right if u want to keep it? Just my 2ct ;)
  • Indiana
In the words of my friend OC Bolding he told me if ur gonna Dance with DEVIL you got to wear the shoes!!!!! How true this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54 JUNKYARD AIRGUNS FORUM MEMBER!!!!!
When good men are silent only evil is heard!
Let he who is without SIN cast the first stone!

Beeman R1 carbine .20cal X2
HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

U.K. Webley Tomahawk .22cal
Diana T06 460mag .22cal
Cometa Fenix 400 compact.22cal

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 07:32:29 PM »
Sounds like how it works..

Thing with mail order is you buy sight unseen . 99% of the time there 1000 miles away so it not like you running in to town to return it that day.   .  Then in a return your at there mercy if they ok it or not . Like really who are you to them 1000 away , right .  Your not going to show up and face them like a local store buy. On top of the shipping and email  chase.   They got your money and it's being shipped more the I you hands.

Like the op if he went in and looked at that80 picked it up and found it like he got it would he buy it then ?  I doubt it.  And there you sit.

Heck a 90 buck gamo ain't falling apart in the he box , may not shoot straight, but it's tight and ready.  And walmart is local same day return . Not track ups for a week or 2 .

Lol.....

Like I said I'm king of the lemon and  already got one mail order rifle with that fine german workmanship, but seems like a guy pretty much got no choice if he wants one today it's mail order or nothing.

Thing with the hw is you got something you can build on  like you said above it maybe simple to grab a part  yourself and make it right  if it don't exceed 10 or 20% of the new guns cost.

• Florida (aka lower Alabama) usa

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2021, 03:08:56 PM »
Got a few more shots down the pipe and installed the screw cups from AOA.  This 22 barrel is great and very accurate with several different pellets as are all my HW springers in 22 cal.  Just the smallest hint of spring noise.  I think its a keeper.  AOA should of done better but too late now. I am glad the rifle is mine.
Bear in mind this is a old school springer.  Very simple stock but it speaks to me in a manner I cannot put into words  Out at 50 yard range it is shooting great. Miesters, small glover leaf maybe over half and inch, slight brezze 73 degrees outside.  Great bench rest rifle.
Getting smother with each shot.
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2021, 03:19:46 PM »
Sounds great.

Dad thing is you made me scared to order from them now . Lol....

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2021, 03:32:55 PM »
Sounds great.

they have none in stock anyway...
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2021, 03:57:20 PM »
opened up the HW80.. pretty dry inside just a bit of J.M moly on the piston seal, and just behind the seal on the piston and on the rear of the piston and a tad on the spring and guide. Lubed the trigger and closed her up.. Very sweet may not need a kit.. time will tell
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2021, 05:06:17 PM »
Sounds great.

they have none in stock anyway...
kindly
ron

Lol... That's ok,. My luck as king of the lemon  is get the rifle they took the screw out of to send to you...lol...

Offline Mark 611

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 05:40:03 PM »
Good to hear Ron! I'm big fan of the 80/R1 plat from! in .20calor .22cal, what pellets are u shooting? ;D
  • Indiana
In the words of my friend OC Bolding he told me if ur gonna Dance with DEVIL you got to wear the shoes!!!!! How true this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54 JUNKYARD AIRGUNS FORUM MEMBER!!!!!
When good men are silent only evil is heard!
Let he who is without SIN cast the first stone!

Beeman R1 carbine .20cal X2
HW95 .22cal
HW50 .20cal X2
HW50 .22cal
HW35 .177cal

U.K. Webley Tomahawk .22cal
Diana T06 460mag .22cal
Cometa Fenix 400 compact.22cal

Offline SpiralGroove

• Ruminating Perfectionist !!!
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • >The gun's gotta look good and shoot straight ->
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2021, 07:35:39 PM »
Got a few more shots down the pipe and installed the screw cups from AOA.  This 22 barrel is great and very accurate with several different pellets as are all my HW springers in 22 cal.  Just the smallest hint of spring noise.  I think its a keeper.  AOA should of done better but too late now. I am glad the rifle is mine.
Bear in mind this is a old school springer.  Very simple stock but it speaks to me in a manner I cannot put into words  Out at 50 yard range it is shooting great. Miesters, small glover leaf maybe over half and inch, slight brezze 73 degrees outside.  Great bench rest rifle.
kindly ron
Glad you got a good one Airgun - Enjoy 8).
  • Bothell, WA
PCP's:
BSA R10 (.177) Regulated
AR2079A-HPA (.177)
AR2079A-HPA (.22)
QB79-HPA (.22)
RAW HM1000x LRT Camo - (.22)

Pumper's:
1973 Benjamin Franklin 342
1984 Benjamin Franklin 347

Springer's:
Beeman R9   (.20) - Circa 2019
Beeman R10 (.20) - Circa 1988
HW30S (.177)
HW35E (2) (.177)
HW35E (.177) Nickel
HW50S (.177)
HW50S Nickel (.177)
HW80 (.20)
HW95 Hybrid (.177)

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 09:15:24 PM »
Good to hear Ron! I'm big fan of the 80/R1 plat from! in .20calor .22cal, what pellets are u shooting? ;D

Miesters, JSB jumbo exact. and H&N field target from years ago... This thing is not pellet fussy... Folks rag on 22 HW barrel and there are problem barrels back in the day. Today in my experience not so much... BUT that is just my experience !! Other folks with their arms may differ. I love that wack when a 22 cal pellet connects. Then again I am just a big kid and not afraid to say so.... LOL !!
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2021, 09:17:49 PM »
kindly ron
Glad you got a good one Airgun - Enjoy 8).

Thanks !! always nice to get an arm which does what it is built to do !! and then some !!
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline tjk

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »

Miesters, JSB jumbo exact. and H&N field target from years ago... This thing is not pellet fussy... Folks rag on 22 HW barrel and there are problem barrels back in the day. Today in my experience not so much... BUT that is just my experience !! Other folks with their arms may differ. I love that wack when a 22 cal pellet connects. Then again I am just a big kid and not afraid to say so.... LOL !!
kindly
ron
Funny you should mention that. I have owned and still own a few .22HW rifles and never experienced sub par performance with any of them. I still prefer .20/5.0mm, but .22 is a great choice for more powerful guns  like an 80, 77, 95, etc. 
  • South Carolina.
HWs & FWBs & Dianas oh my!!

Offline limbshaker

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 10:24:48 AM »
kindly
ron

Cloverleaf groups at 50 yards, with wadcutters? Is that what you are telling me?

Thanks for the review on the experience with AoA. Water under the bridge, long as it's good now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 10:41:29 AM by limbshaker »
  • Decatur, AL
A few junky old spring powered Weihrauchs, couple of precharged Weihrauchs, a couple beat up old FWBs, a smoothbore Krico, an electric Daystate and an Ataman pistol..And drawers full of pieces of all of the above...

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2021, 01:49:27 PM »
only one group was with wadcutters and that was the miesters the others were domed
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »

kindly
ron

I like the sound of that.    It gives a bit more wallop .  I prefer .22 for what I do here.  Matter of fact I gave away all my .177 but 1 co2 pistol.  Few years s back before I went off on a 2 year mill refit.

Sure cut down the overhead Sticking to just .22 as well

Only bad thing here local there keeping .177 on the shelves more then .22.  sometimes there hard to get.

P.s...

How bout a nice picture of that new 80 ... Love to see it

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2021, 03:05:21 PM »
Sorry for various reasons I cannot post pics
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2021, 03:08:19 PM »
I was very impressed when I had this HW 80 apart.  Very clean and almost no tool marks internally or outside.  Nice craftsmanship for this day and age.  Once again I am impressed Not so much with AOA but I am stoked to have this arm
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »
So what about that aoa lifetime warranty?

Did you get paperwork from aoa on that or anything showing they exceed wiehrunch limited 1 year.

Offline airgunbuff

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2021, 04:28:19 PM »
No lifetime anything The guy (Dennis ) I dealt with did not know anything about a lifetime W.
Sorry !!
kindly
ron
  • usa, florida,

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2021, 05:15:03 PM »
Funny I copied and pasted what he sent me on the first page here

And said in that article I linked and said in the video of there hw as well.

Once more

Weihrauch products have a limited lifetime warranty. The first year is bumper to bumper and after that everything is covered but wear parts.

Thank you,
Sales Department
Airguns of Arizona
1970 W Elliot Rd Suite 109
Gilbert, AZ 85233

www.airgunsofarizona.com

Ya buddy,. I don't think there getting my business .   New role for falling apart new in the box , tall tails on there warentee .

Don't look too honest to me right now .   Bad enough mail-order takes your money first on a sight unseen item you put all your trust in to get a honest solid product .  There not looking good right now.