Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: NEW 5M GTA BB GUN MATCH #1 & Results  (Read 464 times))

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: NEW 5M GTA BB GUN MATCH #1 & Results
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2021, 02:55:55 PM »
Sorry all, This may or may not be tmi, but I originally intended to participate with the neighbor kid Iíve been teaching to shoot however things have happened. The kidís mom is....different. Sheís also indescribably strict and protective óWonít even let him ride his bike around the block at 15 years old without an adult...

Anyways out of the blue a week and a half ago now, he tells me over the fence that heís been grounded for 3 weeks! The kid doesnít do anything except talk to me over the fence or do yard work as a HOBBY since she wonít let him do anything even when heís not grounded. Itís quite sad tbh. Anyways, I cannot even fathom what he possibly couldíve done and he also is genuinely confused at her actions, I can tell. Itís 100% unwarranted.

Although she is JUST starting chemotherapy, so maybe sheís not herself, but still...The daughter is treated like a golden child.

Anyways, not my kid so I just had to give up on doing the match with him and didnít want to do it in front of him while he watches all sad from his yard.

Maybe next time...
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22
Gen 2 Benjamin Marauder (Synrod) .22

Offline bryan123

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2021, 03:20:53 PM »
Sorry all, This may or may not be tmi, but I originally intended to participate with the neighbor kid Iíve been teaching to shoot however things have happened. The kidís mom is....different. Sheís also indescribably strict and protective óWonít even let him ride his bike around the block at 15 years old without an adult...

Anyways out of the blue a week and a half ago now, he tells me over the fence that heís been grounded for 3 weeks! The kid doesnít do anything except talk to me over the fence or do yard work as a HOBBY since she wonít let him do anything even when heís not grounded. Itís quite sad tbh. Anyways, I cannot even fathom what he possibly couldíve done and he also is genuinely confused at her actions, I can tell. Itís 100% unwarranted.

Although she is JUST starting chemotherapy, so maybe sheís not herself, but still...The daughter is treated like a golden child.

Anyways, not my kid so I just had to give up on doing the match with him and didnít want to do it in front of him while he watches all sad from his yard.

Maybe next time...

Very sorry to hear this, and to point out that your options are very limited.  A referral to the Department of Child & Family Services, even if made anonymously as a concerned neighbor,  would definitely result in more harm than good. 

In just 3 years he will reach the age of majority.

Again very sorry to hear this.  An airgun experience with you as a mentor would do him a world of good. 

Please encourage him to reach out to a favorite teacher is the best suggestion off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:23:45 PM by bryan123 »
  • Massachusetts
Bryan

Red Ryder x2
CMP 853
DT Fletcher Collection 717
P17

5, 10 m target shooter, occasional plinking

Offline Thebloodyhound90

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 05:07:39 PM »

Maybe next time...

Very sorry to hear this, and to point out that your options are very limited.  A referral to the Department of Child & Family Services, even if made anonymously as a concerned neighbor,  would definitely result in more harm than good. 

In just 3 years he will reach the age of majority.

Again very sorry to hear this.  An airgun experience with you as a mentor would do him a world of good. 

Please encourage him to reach out to a favorite teacher is the best suggestion off the top of my head.

Teacher is a good idea. Thanks.
  • USA, MI, Detroit
Gamo Hunter 440 .177
Air Venturi M1A .22
Gen 2 Benjamin Marauder (Synrod) .22