GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Hunter Class Field Target

Bipod Regulations

(1/2) > >>

Elo76:
Just wondering if adding a front bag to the top of the bipod, like a caldwell varmint, and ditching the plastic "U" or "V" is legal?

I shot like this and the added weight alone seemed to help with stability.  It has my wheels turning now.

I read the regs and it doesnt say to much about modifications other than it cant be attached to the gun or driven into the ground.

Motorhead:
yes legal way i read it ??? .... the rule states that there can be no permanent  connection and bi-pod must fall away if gun is lifted.
Custom YOKE saddles while not common, are out there and used.  ( I have done them as well )

Elo76:
What's you opinion on them when shooting a spring gun?

I was using the standard "U" on the bogpod with a sock folded for cushion.  I did pretty well like that but wanted to try something else. I only have around 25 shots with the Caldwell on it so only time will tell.  I'm thinking that some of the stability is from the weight of the bag.  Otherwise the caldwell creates the same "cradle" as the "U + Sock" combo.

Also the sock is also slicker and the caldwell has more grip to it.

DHunter:
Legal for what?  Is this referring to some kind of competition shooting, where it's a matter of contest rules rather than local, state, or federal law?

Elo76:

--- Quote from: DHunter on January 11, 2019, 05:30:58 AM ---Legal for what?  Is this referring to some kind of competition shooting, where it's a matter of contest rules rather than local, state, or federal law?

--- End quote ---

Legal for Hunter Field Target.

http://aafta.org/Assets/handbook/2018/AAFTA_Handbook_2018.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version