GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Hunter Class Field Target

Adjustable butt pad

(1/1)

GatorCountry:
Are butt pads that are adjustable in contour as well as height allowed in hunter piston?  Like this:

https://briansamson.shop/product/bsb-pad/

The product came up in another thread in the Air Gun gate. The AAFTA 2018 rules state no butt-hooks. Not sure if this would "cross the line".

Also curious if anyone had an opinion on these. I've installed Rowan and Bisley adjustable pads before and really benefited from the height changes.

John E.:
That looks good to me. Remember that in Hunter class you cannot make any adjustments during the match.

Yogi:

--- Quote from: John E. on December 29, 2018, 04:26:28 AM ---That looks good to me. Remember that in Hunter class you cannot make any adjustments during the match.

--- End quote ---

Question?  I thought the same thing.  However, recently I have heard that for some lanes you may change your scope magnification as long as you do not exceed 16X.
I can not imagine shooting the UK rules where you can not even adjust you parallax settings once the match starts.

What can you and what can you not adjust during a Hunter Class FT match?

-Yogi

uncle paulie:
Brian's but pad is legal in Hunter. I have one and it's a great help.These are 3-D printed and can be ordered to fit specific stocks. Due to the added length, I found to desirable to shorten my stock on my HW100 to get the correct pull as I'm 5'4". Brian had me make the desired cut on the stock and email him a tracing of the cutoff. 10 days later I had a perfectly fitting plate! Brian is a great fellow to work with, very responsive and his product is reasonably priced. Just one note, as these are 3-D printed, there is a bit of chatter on the edges which I didn't experience until I had a shooting session with a T-shirt on which caused some irritation in my shoulder pocket. I addressed the edges with some 320 grit paper...problem solved!

pv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version