GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > 100 Yard Match

Results Added***100 Yard Air Rifle Match #3-2018

<< < (2/3) > >>

aceflier:
Nice shooting guys! I’ve got to get mine in this weekend!

bReTt:
On a suggestion, I will enter this into the match....

bReTt  Brett Peterson
FX Streamline  .22 cal
Hawke 6.5-20x42   20X
JSB 18.1 straight from tin
Seated front bipod rear bag
50/50 5X   .651”
100 yards measured with a tape.  Overcast 65* 0-2 mph wind according to my home weather station

A little more of the story copied from my N.U.A.H. upgrade submission post

I set up to do some more 100 yard shooting with the FX.  It was calm out and the timing was right because as I sat down to shoot the conditions were just right.  I could just tell, I had this sense about it.  Those feelings were confirmed when I shot the first target.  It was close but I didn’t think it was under an inch.  In reality it was when I measured it.

I set up the second target and made the walk back to the shooting position.  I prepared and took a couple sighter shots to try and judge the pellet impact.  They were right on.  I calmly repositioned on the target and shot.  It was right on and I still didn’t feel the kiss of the wind on my cheek so I quickly but calmly shot the remaining 4.  I knew it was a tight group but I didn’t realize how tight until I made the journey back down to the target.  I was so happy that I almost quit right then.  I shot 2 more targets after that then the wind started up.  I called it a day for paper shooting and I shot a steel spinner target for two more magazines.  So fun!

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=144926.new#new

rsterne:
Congrats on what I think is the first perfect target shot in a 100 yd. Match.... Beautiful job !!!

Bob

bReTt:

--- Quote from: rsterne on June 22, 2018, 10:30:31 PM ---Congrats on what I think is the first perfect target shot in a 100 yd. Match.... Beautiful job !!!

Bob

--- End quote ---
Thanks Bob!  I’m pretty amazed with my new Streamline.  Hard to believe that this could possibly be the first perfect score.  There are some pretty amazing rifles and shooters on here.  Anyway, I’m pretty stoked to get a “master” designation.  I’m hooked on shooting these longer distances with an air rifle.  Next is a NUAH qualifier with .177 springer! 

marty2:
Here's my entry. Shot this one a while back.

marty2
HM1000X
Hawke 8-32X56
.30 JSB 44.75
66* light breeze, F - Rest, R - Bag
49/50   1.42"ctc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version