Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Backyard "practice" with a scoped 10 meter rifle?  (Read 73 times))

Offline bark-eater

• Shooter
  • yes
Backyard "practice" with a scoped 10 meter rifle?
« on: April 24, 2022, 11:09:25 AM »
I'd like to buy a new gun and start shooting HFT, but realistically wont have the time and money this year.

I do have a 30 yard range in the backyard and a dusty Daisy 953 with a Tasco 2.5x12 mildot scope. It has the Pilk trigger tune, but I haven't spent much time dialing it in beyond shooting minute of beer can at 40 yds with  generic Crosman CPH/Premier pellets. 

The 953 is probably putting out 4 ftlbs at the muzzle.  I'm going to pick up a Gamo Squirrel, but it remains to be seen whether it will react at 30 yds. 

I ordered a couple tins of 8.64 H&N  Trophy pellets and hopefully they will work with the 953's fast twist barrel, and shoot a bit flatter than the 10.5 Crosman pellets.

I'm of the opinion that any trigger time is a good thing, but I also know its possible to ingrain bad habits, so I'd appreciate any feed back that will help me hit the ground running when I can swing a dedicated HFT rig.  Thanks, Woody

• Delmarva, MD, USA