GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

DIY chinese rifling machine

(1/2) > >>

tronickero:
Hello everyone

Recently I was talking to a Chinese friend. He has a store with interesting products for us, CF bottles,Compressors, pumps, regulator and much more.

He told me he had barrels, but I had to do the rifling process in my workshop, he can not sell rifled barrels directly

So I started looking and finded an interesting store in TAOBAO where they sell a rifling machine

It looks very interesting ... What do you think will be a good product?

store: https://shop58090991.world.taobao.com/?spm=a312a.7728556.2015080705.3.2ef2f734inX9Om

Rifling Machine: https://world.taobao.com/item/536951111098.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-12265276924.9.7d941562HqvXez

Tron

tronickero:
other method

Tron

Roadworthy:
I see you have no responses thus far.  You are asking a difficult question.  You should study the rifling process in detail before even beginning to shop for the tooling required to do it.

The process shown on You Tube appears to be button rifling.  The slug is forced through the barrel to cut the rifling grooves.  The rifling machine in the pictures may hold the barrel but I see no indication of any die which can be pulled or pushed through the barrel to cut the rifling.

I do not believe one would choose between the two but rather use one in conjunction with the other.  You would also need something to power the unit.

Finn:
That machine looks way more complicated than it needs to be and I could not see the most critical part that is the cutter box. If you want to rifle a barrel the most important thing is the hole you start with, it has to be good, rifling comes second.
Really I recommend building your own tool if you want to cut rifle a barrel, if you can't make the tool yourself you are not prepared to succeed in the rifling process anyway.

tronickero:

--- Quote from: Roadworthy on August 21, 2017, 12:19:15 PM ---I see you have no responses thus far.  You are asking a difficult question.  You should study the rifling process in detail before even beginning to shop for the tooling required to do it.
--- End quote ---

In my first post, the rifling machine use the cutting method, in the second the machine use a push button method.

I know the methods of rifling....What I wanted to know was if someone had tried something similar, since they see very good results at least in the images that sent to me

Tron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version