GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Basics of how to mount your picatinny etc. in your wood'n stock

(1/2) > >>

SniperOne:
Please move to best place of this or delete if totally unnecessary...

I don't really know what the users of this forum needs...

If it come in handy for some that has very little or no experience at all with common tools, i guess it is worth posting.

Not a big deal at all for me, but since i'm just registred and actually did some easy work yesterday i guessed i pherhaps can post it. Maybe somebody will find it usefull (?)

If you already got a thread with same topic- just delete this.

For you enthusiasts that pherhaps are wondering how to mount a 1913 picatinny rail base mount for bipod etc. On your wooden stock- Here are some easy step by steps.

For me it ain't no challenge. If you feel unsecure? Don't... Just Do It...

You only need;
 some tape (actually you don't NEED, need it) But you are better with it. No marks on the stock + no mess with the glue etc. And no ugly tears from drilling.
A marker pen
Carefully selected screws in properly length and neck with correct cone. (Not to long)
Some sharp steel marker
A small drill that you tape at the depth you need to stop before going to deep.
Then a correct drill size that are a little bit smaller than your screws thread diameter size.
It is always good to have something to fix the screws over night- a wooden universal lim etc.
A machine drill...

So... As on the pictures... The simple tools needed are all there.

First, like on the Hatsan BT65 stock, that are'nt plain up front...
Find that spot that makes no room for any gap between the rail and the stock.
You know what i mean by looking at that kind of stock and my pic's...

Use the tape for example, to get the straight line in middle of the stock. By using the cc/ center of the screws underneith, and mark a line in that middle...

Place the picatinny (or weaver) where it aligns flat to the stock.

Be careful to get your line up marking in the center of the rail holes...

Make your marking

Use a sharp tip tool and press thrue the tape and in the wood, as for a guide for your drill.

Now you have meassured a depth that don't go to far in or thrue your stock. Use a bit of tape on each drill to make sure you do not drill to far in.

Place some glue in the holes you did

Now, just fix the rail with your screws and let it sit over night.

This is probably the most easy thing to do.

It feels a bit moron to post, i don't know (?)

Anyhow... this is a way to go. And it works.

If you somehow want to go back and not want the rail in the future- there is chemical wood to fill the holes at any hardware store. That will make those holes go away just fine. If you want it to blend in with same finish, that material is made to oil or paint or put lacquer on top...

SniperOne:
Could'nt post them all pic's in the same post....

SniperOne:

SniperOne:

Gipper:
Nice nob on the install and the tutorial. Should be very helpful to others.

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version