GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Back Room

Maybe, ...

(1/2) > >>

North Pack:
I should join the modern world, and join Paypal. - Don't really trust on-line personal financial info in cyberspace. I've always figured if "they" can hack the Pentagon three levels deep, anything can be hacked. - Have any of you guys had a problem/concern with Paypal???

gene_sc:
I have been with PayPal now for 3 years. Never had an issue with them or a security issues.

ezman604:
Had an account since 1998 and had one maybe 2 instances of issues. Those were not PayPals fault but the security, or lack of, of the seller I was purchasing from. My account info got snatched and used immediately after making a purchase. I had to cancel my card and reissue which is a pain. BUT, PayPal actually caught it and notified me someone out of country used my account. I'd say you are as safe using PayPal as anywhere. Only sure safe way is using cash only. :)
Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
 8)

Big_Bill:
Hey John,

I have PayPal,,,,,BUT !  I do with a VISA CREDIT CARD !!!!! That way I have an additional layer of protection !!!!

With PayPal they want you to promise that you will not go to the credit card company, and that they will handle all claims in a quick and efficient manner ! lol

But I only had to go to my credit card company ounce, I made a purchase and it was not delivered, and my credit card company took care of it for PayPal !!! PayPal played with it for over 30 days, and you can't get hold of anyone to speak too.

Bill

Big_Bill:
OH, and as for cash, and even Postal Money Orders,

Cash can be stolen by Postal Employees and denied ever received by the recipient, or as I had happen, lost in the mail !  And the checks and Postal Money Orders were never recovered, and I sent it Priority Mail just to cover all bases !

I have also had checks sent Priority Mail, Receipt Required, lost in the mail. Then you must cancel the check at additional cost !

So even with the ricks involved with Credit Cards and PayPal, I have had the best results using them, at the least costs and inconvenience.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version