GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Gun Gate

values of airguns

<< < (30/30)

Spacebus:

--- Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on May 26, 2023, 08:28:15 AM ---Great insight Scott!
 I often wonder that about Gold... entire civilizations have been made and destroyed over it for millennia.
Sure, today we know it has certain desirable properties but think about it... it's basically a soft metal that looks pretty.

--- End quote ---

Originally gold, along with silver and copper, had intrinsic value because they didn't tarnish and have antimicrobial properties. They are also very easy to work compared to iron, bronze, steel, brass, etc. Meaning those metals could be shaped at annealing temperature rather than casting with them. Most civilizations that were built on gold didn't have an easy way of working iron, and sometimes iron goods were even more valuable because pure iron could only have been recovered from meteorites.

Rick67:

--- Quote from: Spacebus on May 26, 2023, 01:44:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on May 26, 2023, 08:28:15 AM ---Great insight Scott!
 I often wonder that about Gold... entire civilizations have been made and destroyed over it for millennia.
Sure, today we know it has certain desirable properties but think about it... it's basically a soft metal that looks pretty.

--- End quote ---

Originally gold, along with silver and copper, had intrinsic value because they didn't tarnish and have antimicrobial properties. They are also very easy to work compared to iron, bronze, steel, brass, etc. Meaning those metals could be shaped at annealing temperature rather than casting with them. Most civilizations that were built on gold didn't have an easy way of working iron, and sometimes iron goods were even more valuable because pure iron could only have been recovered from meteorites.

--- End quote ---

Even leprechauns love them  ???

avator:
Take my gold and give me airguns. When it hits the fan that gold ain't gonna feed me.

Simplemann:

--- Quote from: avator on May 26, 2023, 06:20:38 PM ---Take my gold and give me airguns. When it hits the fan that gold ain't gonna feed me.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly. I always say water, weapons forget the gold when it hits.

lefteyeshot:
Few months ago I bought three used .177 Crosman springers. A Phantom and two Furys. Don't remember which but paid like $54, $60 and $80 for them. I had scopes for them, mildots with mag. Found wood stocks for them on ebay, one a Summit stock. The stocks were like $35-45. Refinished the stock, nothing fancy. Did the RC roller bearing mod on all three. They're all tac drivers.

What are they worth now????

During all this I saw an old, but nice looking, Chinese .177 TS45 side lever springer on ebay for $200. If I didn't already have two I might have bought it. Bought my two at pawn shops for I don't remember. Not much.

For the trouble shipping and cost and buyer expectation I'll just keep them. Miss Baby asked what she was going to do with all these air guns if I die. Told her I want care, I'll be dead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version