GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

I'm testing some bb's, need some input

(1/5) > >>

hogrider04:
I’ve been testing bb’s lately with my Winchester Model 11k 1911 replica pistol, and I’m curious what your guys experience has been with various bb’s. I’ve only tested 3 brands and have a couple others on order.

Here’s been my results so far in order from best to worse.

1.   Marksman Premium ---- nice groups with no fliers, required a little force to get them in the clip (a little larger OD maybe)
2.   Daisy Premium ----  decent groups with some fliers, fell right into the clip
3.   Crossman Copperhead ---- groups??, kinda went where they wanted!!
4.   Avanti Precision Ground ---- backordered till 7/16, not tested. I’ve read that they  might move to the top of the list after I get them.
5.   Umarex Precision ---- ordered, not tested. Unknown entity, haven’t seem much on them.

These are the only ones I will consider so leave your comments please. Refer to them by number to save you some typing. I intentionally didn’t list any group sizes or distances shot, cause you guys know these aren’t target guns or ammo.

Jerry

crosman999:
  I have used all you have mentioned and have had the best accuracy,least jamming and most bang for the buck out of the Daisy Zinc coated bbs.I use them in full auto bb guns and even in some of my old Crosmans, they rip. 8)

breakfastchef:
Avanti Precision Ground #1, and Daisy Precision Max at #2.

hogrider04:
Dana, I want to like the Daisy's cause they are the best bang for the buck, but those darn fliers!!

Larry, I'd love to try the Avanti's, but the pipeline is dried up. Wonder what's up with that. Hope they aren't being discontinued.

Jerry

crosman999:
   Have you tried Gamo round balls?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version